Unpopular opinions about the parks?

BlakeW39

Original Poster
Hot take: rollercoasters are overrated across the board. A lot of attractions aren't that special but skate by just by being coasters. And this is coming from someone going to CP to ride coasters on Sunday.

jloucks

Yet in your signature you say that there are no trips planned and that you're super bummed.

Given that, what's stopping you from going?
Opportunity costs and crowd levels.

WDW has become very expensive compared to other options.

But.... if the crowd levels were not at claustrophobic levels I would still go.

It is a one-two punch for me.

Lilofan

Ohh, now, I never said I was not guilty of all of the above. :p

I cannot resist any Star Wars Stormtrooper meet & greets.
Back in the day when Darth Vader and the stomtroopers were dancing to Michael Jackson during Star Wars Weekends on the small stage in front of Star Tours , that was classic. The Carrie Fisher meet and greet one year did not go so well when she was under the influence.

DKampy

I would rather watch Lighting McQueens Racing Academy from opening to close then set foot inside Tower of Terror on my Hollywood Studios day

dreday3

One of my friends believes this. She genuinely thinks it's weird to go to a Disney park without kids. I don't pay it any mind because that's a them problem and not a me problem.

I just find it weird that people younger than me think like that.

I'm 49, we chose not to have kids. Majority of my friend group chose not to have kids, of course some have a family too. Many of my friends were going to Disney (land mostly) back in their 20's in the 90's without kids. I thought this archaic line of thinking ended with Gen-X.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
Why? I thought this whole thread was an unpopular opinion thread.

I missed the part about not being too unpopular.

lol...well because the reason your opinion is unpopular is because it's slightly offensive. Saying an offensive thing and labeling it unpopular isn't exactly what I meant by 'unpopular opinions'

Smugpugmug

I'm 49, we chose not to have kids. Majority of my friend group chose not to have kids, of course some have a family too. Many of my friends were going to Disney (land mostly) back in their 20's in the 90's without kids. I thought this archaic line of thinking ended with Gen-X.
My friend group and I are in our mid-late 20's. My friend that believes this is the only one of us that has kids. Disney is for everyone, not just those with children. On the flip side the childless people that complain about kids being at Disney at all are weird.

spacemt354

Chili's
Why? I thought this whole thread was an unpopular opinion thread.

I missed the part about not being too unpopular.
Yea...

I don't agree with your opinion at all, but isn't that the point of this thread?

lol...well because the reason your opinion is unpopular is because it's slightly offensive. Saying an offensive thing and labeling it unpopular isn't exactly what I meant by 'unpopular opinions'
Is it really 'offensive'? I fall into that category and I did not take it as such.

jloucks

I don't think young people think this way.

More of an old-person thing. I am Gen X, so your statement holds true.

People have unpopular opinions on parenting too, but I won't be specific as some folks here apparently cannot handle playing the unpopular opinion game when it gets a little too unpopular.

dreday3

Yea...

I don't agree with your opinion at all, but isn't that the point of this thread?

Is it really 'offensive'? I fall into that category and I did not take it as such.

I agree. I'm not offended by it. We'll go wherever we want! :)

Just think it's an old fashioned way of thinking.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
Yea...

I mean you may not find it as such, but calling a group of people 'weird' for doing something they enjoy is pretty across-the-board at least a litte offensive.

example: "star wars fans are weird." I mean if you tell someone they're weird for liking something, that's probably not going to go over so well

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom