Unpopular opinions about the parks?

JIMINYCR

And I feel different. For my $200 platinum pass for Cedar Fair parks I get 8 months worth of visiting multiple parks and get thrills and decent entertainment for much cheaper than a Disney park, especially at the price they charge right now
You have the right to feel differently... but the OP wanted folks to list unpopular opinions which I did. You proved my opinion was unpopular, Thanks.

Sir_Cliff

2) They great movie ride was old, boring and really only good for a 10 minute nap.
I think I share that unpopular opinion. The Great Movie Ride was a good idea and impressive in scope, but it always just kind of fell flat for me even when I first went on it back in 1994.

To make myself really hated on here, I would also venture that World of Motion was probably too corny to survive into the present, however much they updated the technology.

eliza61nyc

I think I share that unpopular opinion. The Great Movie Ride was a good idea and impressive in scope, but it always just kind of fell flat for me even when I first went on it back in 1994.

To make myself really hated on here, I would also venture that World of Motion was probably too corny to survive into the present, however much they updated the technology.
for me it was the cast member interaction. OMG, it was so cheesy and we always seemed to get "THAT" special cm who seemed so annoyed that they even had to do some parts

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Lightning McQueens racing academy is a good attraction for little ones in a park that needs more little kid attractions.

M&MRR is not a good ride.

American Adventure is the best attraction at Epcot.

I hate Moana.

I'm tired of all things Star Wars.

I don't care that you broke your elbow.

Smugpugmug

A lot of my opinions seem to be popular here from my time lurking but are definitely unpopular in other spaces.

- Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway is an aggressively mediocre attraction (not bad, just meh) and it replacing the Great Movie Ride was a huge mistake.
- I actually prefer regular Space Mountain to Hyperspace Mountain in Disneyland.
- Half of me secretly wishes that Universal keeps the theme park rights to Marvel in Florida so WDW doesn't get Avenger's Campus. That land in DCA just looks so....bland and lifeless. Webslingers also looks incredibly lame.
- The majority of food at WDW sucks and isn't worth stressing out to get an ADR for.
- The over saturation of Toy Story in the parks has made me hate the franchise a little bit. It already wasn't my favorite to begin with but now I'm sick to death of it.
- The original pineapple Dole Whip is overrated. Coconut is where it's at.

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
A lot of my opinions seem to be popular here from my time lurking but are definitely unpopular in other spaces.

- Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway is an aggressively mediocre attraction (not bad, just meh) and it replacing the Great Movie Ride was a huge mistake.
- I actually prefer regular Space Mountain to Hyperspace Mountain in Disneyland.
- Half of me secretly wishes that Universal keeps the theme park rights to Marvel in Florida so WDW doesn't get Avenger's Campus. That land in DCA just looks so....bland and lifeless. Webslingers also looks incredibly lame.
- The majority of food at WDW sucks and isn't worth stressing out to get an ADR for.
- The over saturation of Toy Story in the parks has made me hate the franchise a little bit. It already wasn't my favorite to begin with but now I'm sick to death of it.
- The original pineapple Dole Whip is overrated. Coconut is where it's at.
3. I also want that just so they keep Doom's. THAT VOICE... ;)
5. I just like Buzz, because of Zurg. WE NEED MORE ZURG AT THE PARKS

DisneyFanatic12

1: The Walt Disney World Resort experience has improved. Mostly because of the random character encounters and greater number and length of resort activities (pool parties, tie dye, etc.)

2: Cavalcades are more fun than actual parades. You don’t have to wait around for 10-20 minutes in the 90 degree sun to see a parade, and you have no expectations for a cavalcade. They’re “random” and often bring more joy than traditional parades because they are oftentimes unexpected.

3: Star Wars: Galaxies Edge is worse than Toy Story Land. “Batuu” just feels like a concrete jungle… it’s very pretty, but it just doesn’t feel alive. There are no trees, no waterfalls, and no lighting effects for the most part. The fact that none of the ships or anything moves just completely ruins the immersion for me, and instead of feeling like I’m walking through a distant galaxy, I feel like I’m walking through a farmers market and a rock sculpture park…

Maybe it’s because of the low expectations of Toy Story Land, but seeing Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers moving around the land just brings the land to life and makes it all feel almost real.

Last edited:

Smugpugmug

Cosmic Rewind is mad overrated... fun ride but not anything spectacular imo
I think the actual ride experience is a blast but the theming is very underwhelming. It looks like they ran out of budget when it comes to designing the queue (no idea if that is true. It's just the impression I have). Also the preshow acting is pretty bad.

jloucks

Adults being a little too into WDW and going without kids is a little weird.

Adults participating in character meet and greets without kids is even weirder.

AK is wildly overrated.

WDW is, over all, only marginally better than Six Flags or other amusement venues.

Hanging out on a Disney board all week is a little weird. Don't care. :p

Mireille

Premium Member

AK is wildly overrated.

WDW is, over all, only marginally better than Six Flags or other amusement venues.

Well, I guess I'm weird, because I'm an adult without children that likes going to WDW alone and I like meeting characters.

BlakeW39

Original Poster

AK is wildly overrated.

...saying Disney fans are 'weird' isn't an unpopular opinion or a hot take, it's just closed-minded/judgemental

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom