Unpopular Disney Opinions

Soarin2u

I don't care about Disney as it once was, Disney is the way it is now, enjoy it as it still is, a vacation for families still full of different but amazing magic.

I think people who only go to Disney every single year and complain are spoiled, and need to stop, go someplace else for a change, see the world with that type of money.

I don't watch the parades or fireworks often, we just hit the major rides during those times.

The hat doesn't bother me. The Chinese theatre exists in Los Angelo's as a orginal, the hat is one of a kind.

The Epcot's Spaceship earth is a golfball.

I like the current Journey to Imagaination, its silly.

The Caribbean Resort is still a wonderful resort to stay at.

RnR is meh.

I like the laugh Floor.

Talk with Crush is one of my favorite attractions.

I have dealt with a small portion of rude guests.

I think the buses are apart of the Disney magic.

The WaterParks are my favorite of the parks.

People should stop comparing Universal to Disney altogether.

AoA is nothing special.

I have never ridden Splash Mountian.

The new fantasy land is a nice addition to the park.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Here are mine:

- I am not a fan of Carousel of Progress, Dinosaur, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Hollywood Studios (frankly I think most of the shows are stupid)

- I am not impressed and never want to stay at the All Stars (never again), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Yacht & Beach Club

- I don't get the hype of Le Cellier, O'hana, Via Napoli, and Whipering Canyon (which makes me want to wretch because I have no patience for all the playing around)

- I do not have any time for Soarin and Toy Story Midway Mania! Waiting over an hour to get on a ride that last only a few minutes seems pointless to me

- I enjoy Prime Evil Whirl and have to ride it every trip

- I feel tour groups should either be put to an end or must travel with CM's who's job it is to make sure the group are on their best manners and following the rules!

I liked Fuego and think there should be a few places like it around property for Adults and bring back at least two clubs for more Nightlife options

- I think Character Meals are ridiculous but thankfully they keep a good portion of families and children away from other restaurants so I can dine without having to deal with screaming, whining, and family arguments

- Personally I think its time to implement that some restaurants are 13 and up or have a separate dining area for families with small children

- There should be adults only pools and wings (room areas) at each of the resorts

I'm in agreement on requiring tour groups to have a CM or two as a guide. And limiting the number of visitors in any one group. A tour group of 50-80 minimally chaperoned teenagers is not fun for other guests....

MausCouture

- Avatarland can die in a hole along with BAH
- Univeral isn't as enjoyable as WDW
- I enjoy the All Star resorts **you get what you pay for**
- Epcot is the best park on WDW property
- Fantasmic is the best nighttime show at WDW
- Peter Pans Flight is totally overrated
- I enjoy Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Brave & WALL-E are the most boring,predictable,& disappointing Disney movies
- Tangled & Princess And The Frog are 100x better than Frozen
- Frozen is overrated.
- Frozen is overrated.
- Frozen is overrated.

Last edited:

doctornick

Mine...

Don't like Dole Whips at all (don't like pineapple flavor, which obviously plays a big role). Do quite love Citrus Swirl though

Love MSEP, especially the music. It is a great catchy tune.

I think Storybook Circus is actually nicely themed. Needs more rides, but I don't understand the criticism of how it looks or the problem with having a Circus themed land

I find Nemo to be an improvement for the Living Seas. The old ride was boring as heck and the film needed to be replaced. (Still think Nemo could have been executed better, but it was still a nice refreshing).

Maelstrom is one of my favorite rides at Epcot and has been even in the "prime" of Epcot. I remember going on it over and over in the early 90's. Who doesn't love Vikings and Trolls?

It's Tough to be a Bug is the best 4D film Disney has had on property. I don't understand the dislike of it. It's worth it to just watch people scream when the bugs "exit" first at the end.

I've never seen a working Yeti. I never realized it was supposed to be different until relatively recently. Everest is nonetheless one of my favorite rides ever.

I terribly enjoy DLR, but don't see the the hype that people give it here. I love the fact that the attractions are densely packed and plentiful, but I didn't find the staff any nicer (actually, thought they were somewhat less friendly/helpful than WDW) and don't think it is any more picturesque than WDW. It's relatively on par with WDW, having some things that are better and some that are worse.

I like the theming of Blizzard Beach more than Typhoon Lagoon

I like planning rides with FP+. I don't get the point of not having some organization to a vacation. I also like the Magic Bands a lot, both as a useful tool and as a neat precursor to get in the mail before the trip.

I liked Sounds Dangerous and wish it were still there (would be better than an empty building....)

I'm in the group that thinks Pandora will be a great addition to DAK, even though the movie was mediocre. The idea fits in great with how wonderfully scenic DAK is (probably my favorite park at WDW).

• Though I didn't grow up with it, I've heard the Cronkite SSE narration and still love the Jeremy Irons one best and I hate the new screens/ending (I miss the star field and the city so much)
  • Dole Whip is gross
  • I love Disney and IoA/Universal
  • Epcot is a highly underrated park
  • Hate the overwhelming presence of Frozen (liked the movie but completely overrated)
  • Always hated the idea of Avatarland and I don't think it will do well (yes, even with 3 sequels upcoming)
  • Never seen the big interest in the water parks
  • I like the old fastpass system
  • I like Illuminations more than Fantasmic
  • Character meeting isn't my thing (though it's nice to see them when you're walking past)
  • The Carousel of Progress is my favorite attraction in Tomorrowland (I also love the TTA)
  • I don't mind the new Imagination
  • Peter Pan is not worth the wait it always seemed to have
  • I'm not a parade watcher (we tend to focus more on rides)

Last edited:

NormC

br_targetblackfridaydeals.jpg

The Official Disney Approved Stroller. Anything else must be left at home. They should put up bollards and if the stroller is too wide to fit between them you must leave it outside the park. They can have racks to hang them on and will save so much space for more bathrooms and interactive queues.

Seriously we used a simple folding Umbrella stroller in 08 with my then 6 year old and we did fine. You do not need a triple wide jogger SUV with leather seats and air conditioning. Some of those things probably cost more than my first car.

Matt_Black

- The Lion King is overrated.
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame is terribly underrated and the fact that it's currently so underrepresented at the parks today borders on the criminal.
- La Cantina de San Angel just isn't that good a quick service restaurant.
- I like the current version of Journey into Imagination.
- The American Idol Experience was fun, and it's a shame to see it go.
- The "cheese" at QS spots like Pecos Bill's and Cosmic Ray's? DISGUSTING. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.
- Storybook Circus is a fun little area.

IWantMyMagicBand

Adults without children should either
a) not be allowed to eat up queue space to meet people in costume when little kids are queuing to meet REAL characters or
b) have a separate queue where the grown men can spend 5 minutes hanging round a dressed up half their age girl's neck (because it's the only place they can get away with it without a harassment complaint)

FitzherbertFreak

Frozen might just be my least favorite Disney movie
Grand Floridian is my least favorite resort
I don't miss paper Fastpasses
I love Living with the Land
Mission Space is worse than Stitch's Great Escape

psukardi

I have a strong dislike for Soarin'. The first time I went on it, ya it was cool but there's a diminishing return factor on it for me. The video doesn't change but the queue gets longer each time at the park. The video is grainy & it needs to be re-done. I get it - there really isn't much to do ride wise @ Epcot but man that ride just grinds my gears.

Oh, I loath Duffy. It was like someone in corporate needed a way to booster some quarterly earnings statement so they created a new character to sell a bunch of crap merchandise to go along with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom