Unpopular Disney Opinions

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This depends on a lot of factors to me. If there is an older sibling I can understand. If the baby is truly a baby....such as cannot even support it's own head etc......and there are not older siblings, then I don't understand bringing an infant.

We took our sons at 15 mos old (twins). No older siblings. They are 9 now and while it is true that they do not remember a thing about that trip, the memories my dw and I have cannot be beat. I always say it was the best trip there we had. Yes we had to go their speed and there were meltdowns but I would never trade those memories away. Now that they are older, we do truly enjoy the parks more.

I was so against bringing babies. Then I acquired one, and you know what? I still want to go to WDW. Guess that means I'm bringing along some extra luggage er I mean the baby.

I have more and I'll get people mad...lol

- If your focus is to spend most of your day at the park...paying for an expensive resort is plain simply stupid unless there are major discounts that allow you to stay there for the cost of a lower tiered resort. If you want to chill by the pool, golf or go to a spa...there are much better resorts and at cheaper prices to go to that are not at Disney.

We no longer stay onsite (family of 6) but we used to and we do miss it because of the excellent theming and so much to do that is Disney related (restaurants; shopping; children's activities; etc..).

Gomer

I was so against bringing babies. Then I acquired one, and you know what? I still want to go to WDW. Guess that means I'm bringing along some extra luggage er I mean the baby.

There’s also something to be said about enjoyment in the moment. Babies can have fun when they are there. Remembering that fun isn’t the only factor to consider. I had plenty of great times back in my college days that I have no memory of, and I’m pretty positive I had a blast. :) Does it make that time less enjoyable that the memories didn't stick?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My unpopular opinion is that I hate it when people post a series of confusing initials instead of a ride title or location. If I wanna rack my brain, I'll do an algebra problem. And I still don't know what the hell a BAH is.

That large sorcerer's hat in Hollywood Studios, i.e., Big A** Hat....how people who want to see it removed refer to it.

Baldy

This depends on a lot of factors to me. If there is an older sibling I can understand. If the baby is truly a baby....such as cannot even support it's own head etc......and there are not older siblings, then I don't understand bringing an infant.

We took our sons at 15 mos old (twins). No older siblings. They are 9 now and while it is true that they do not remember a thing about that trip, the memories my dw and I have cannot be beat. I always say it was the best trip there we had. Yes we had to go their speed and there were meltdowns but I would never trade those memories away. Now that they are older, we do truly enjoy the parks more.

I agree. Tiny babies don't get anything out of it, but toddlers can totally have fun at the park depending on their personality. I love watching their reactions to things. I would love to take my 19 month old niece if her daddy would let me.

epcotisbest

Oh please, don't do that again for the 50th....
Maybe something like this instead!

image.jpg

MDactor1980

Awesome thread.

I liked Frozen. Bought the UK Blu-Ray just to watch it in 3-D at home!
I like visiting for a weekend and coming back another time. The idea of a week-long trip intimidates me (and my wallet).
I'm ambivalent about DVC. I can't make sense of it compared to my RCI timeshare knowledge and experience.
I'm impressed and thrilled with NFL and can't figure out why people complain so ardently about MK needing an upgrade already. EC and MK ... I get it... but MK just got a huge upgrade.
That said - Storybook Circus? Couldn't they come up with at least one more attraction?
I think all 4 parks are each worth a day long visit.
Uni can be done in a day (both parks) if you don't mind paying for the Unltd. Express and Park-to-Park.
I love the Main Street Electrical Parade, and don't really see any need for changes.
I like the "Dconstucted" album.

Last edited:
I love this thread! :)

• I think Peter Pan's Flight is overrated, and I don't understand why the wait time is always over an hour
  • I like the Hat in HS
  • I miss the old Test Track
  • I like all the refurbishments
  • I like magicbands and the new fastpass+ system (although i'd like it even more if I didn't have to go to the kiosks for extra rides)
  • I think a ride should've been built where Rapunzel's tower is instead of just bathrooms/stroller parking
  • I think people in wheelchairs/strollers should have their own lane, because I can't tell you how many times i've been run over, or hit in the shins, and one time had to jump out of the way of a lady in a wheelchair who figured she didn't have to wait in any lines and came very close to rupturing my Achilles tendon.
As a disclaimer, I'm not saying ALL people in wheelchairs and/or strollers have an "I Own The Road" complex. I've even had to use a wheelchair a couple of times in DW myself. My point is, that there ARE some people who just don't care, and feel like they automatically have right of way. For example, when leaving the park at the end of the night, and pushing people out of the way. Gve them their own lane so they don't cause other guests injuries.

Hockey89

I love this thread! :)

• I think Peter Pan's Flight is overrated, and I don't understand why the wait time is always over an hour
  • I like the Hat in HS
  • I miss the old Test Track
  • I like all the refurbishments
  • I like magicbands and the new fastpass+ system (although i'd like it even more if I didn't have to go to the kiosks for extra rides)
  • I think a ride should've been built where Rapunzel's tower is instead of just bathrooms/stroller parking
  • I think people in wheelchairs/strollers should have their own lane, because I can't tell you how many times i've been run over, or hit in the shins, and one time had to jump out of the way of a lady in a wheelchair who figured she didn't have to wait in any lines and came very close to rupturing my Achilles tendon.
As a disclaimer, I'm not saying ALL people in wheelchairs and/or strollers have an "I Own The Road" complex. I've even had to use a wheelchair a couple of times in DW myself. My point is, that there ARE some people who just don't care, and feel like they automatically have right of way. For example, when leaving the park at the end of the night, and pushing people out of the way. Gve them their own lane so they don't cause other guests injuries.
Yeah, but most do... They think they can run right into you and the world revolves around them.... Just drop kick the woman in the face next time....

Dwarful

Ok...here goes

I wasn't impressed with POR the rooms didn't seem much larger vs. all stars and less storage with the placement of the flip down bed. Boardwalk seems to be my family favorite, although I am partial to YC.

I have NEVER had a churro or a turkey leg or the desire to have either one.

I enjoy Dole Whips but will not wait in some crazy long line...had two at AK this summer with no wait at all...which makes me think ...its all about the hype!

I do not like MB or FP+. My MB actually gave me a rash and a horrible tan line after 2 days...so off the wrist it went.

I am no longer impressed with most of the sit down table service locations nor their over inflated prices and skipping these does not ruin my vacation.

I don't mind the buses.

I HATE the new fake FP's at rides that never had them and don't need them just for the sake of perceived value.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom