Unofficial Guid 2005- M:S Review and WHAT'S HE DOING HERE?!?!?

Testtrack321

Original Poster
I stopped by my local Boarders to go and see the latest version of the Unoffical Guide, and it looks great! They added a lot, but I think you'll be surprised to know that they gave Mission:Space a 4/5 raiting, compare that to a 3.5/5 for Test Track.

Also, it seems our very good friend Jim Hill now offers a behind the sceans info of many rides. Some we have heard before, many are new to me.

TTATraveler

I think Test Track appeals to a broader audience than Mission Space. I have't been on Mission yet, my father road it and was one of those who had an adverse affect to it. It took him 3 days to fully get over it, so I have been hesitant about it since motion simulators do make me dizzy. While the technology and thrill of Mission is there, I don't think it compares to Test Track, which always has a long line and fast passes go.

imagineer99

^^

The loss of test track fast passes is partly due to its popularity. However, mainly it has to do with its crappy capacity and constant breakdowns.

The ride is a logistical nightmare.

I would give M:S a 4 out of 5. It's a wonderful experience. However, it lacks the certain oomph for five full stars.

MKCP 1985

I would agree with the guide and rate M:S higher than TT. First, TT has too many technical problems. It is ALWAYS breaking down when I am there. Second, the main attraction of M:S is very, very good. It's drawbacks have little or nothing to do with the main event. Queue area - great wheel, but what does it have to do with anything - and post-area: "This is Mars?" could have been better.

Anyway, TT: your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to improve your dependability and move to a 4.0 out of 5.0 and pull even with M:S!

Nicole

Great, I'm glad to know the '05 guide is out already! There are some out of date things in the '04 book (like the 60 day advance notice for PSs) which always jump out at me - even though all the info was current when the book came out last year!

KaliSplash

The only thing that TT has over M:S is length. TT is a wonderful ride and I love it. But M:S is out of this world. The liftoff is still the most phenominal thing I've ever done at a theme park.
As to the Unofficial Guide, there are so many holes in that book. Like their claim that they only do E-ride nights during off-season when park closes early. Heck, I've only done it during the summer, sometimes when the park was open as late as 11, (So e-ride was till 2 and Main Street didn't close till 2:30 or so.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Also, it seems our very good friend Jim Hill now offers a behind the sceans info of many rides. Some we have heard before, many are new to me.

Yeah, I went and picked this book up yesterday and was surprised that he was in it. He wrote about rumors such as Jack Sparrow in PotC (he says the AA will be in there by the time the sequel comes out), the Canada river rapids ride, Indy Speedway recieving a 'Cars' overlay....he even says to visit the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse soon, because it will be closing up. :rolleyes:

Captain Hank

The reason M:S doesn't usually have a very long line is that it's a capacity monster. It eats massive amounts of people compaired to the dinky capacity and constant breakdowns of TT. I do agree with a 4 out of 5. I love M:S and rode it 4 times during my last trip, but there just seemed to be something missing to truly make it a 5 star Disney E-Ticket attraction.

Davy Crockett

imagineer99 said:
^^

The loss of test track fast passes is partly due to its popularity. However, mainly it has to do with its crappy capacity and constant breakdowns.

The ride is a logistical nightmare.

I would give M:S a 4 out of 5. It's a wonderful experience. However, it lacks the certain oomph for five full stars.
When did Fastpasses for Test Track cease? In the latest Unofficial Guide they say they are available.

I had not heard this at all until reading your post. I guess I will have to alter my tour plan. Visit Mission: Space, secure Fastpass then sprint over to Test Track and get in line.

Thanks in advance for any further light you can shed on this subject!

imagineer99

Davy Crockett said:
When did Fastpasses for Test Track cease? In the latest Unofficial Guide they say they are available.

I had not heard this at all until reading your post. I guess I will have to alter my tour plan. Visit Mission: Space, secure Fastpass then sprint over to Test Track and get in line.

Thanks in advance for any further light you can shed on this subject!

We've got a MISUNDERSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Test Track still has fastpass.

My point was this: Test Track RUNS OUT of FP pretty early in the day due to its low capacity and constant tech. problems.

My advice: Get the test track fast pass first, then wait for Mission: Space (the capacity giant);)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
imagineer99 said:
My advice: Get the test track fast pass first, then wait for Mission: Space (the capacity giant);)

why didnt you just say so! :lol:

i havent experienced MS yet. cant wait though. i have always had good luck TT

cindrelly31

Haven't had the privilege of riding TT yet (was broke on last trip!!) Rode M:S twice in a 5 min period. Would not recommend this to those with weak stomachs! :hurl:

Though I enjoyed M:S, I think TT would have been more my speed. Was not too impressed with post-area - too gift shoppy (I know that's what it is, but it could be better. Let me think about how to improve :lookaroun ) I would defiantely ride M:S again, but I hope I get to experience TT next summer! :brick:

lentesta

Premium Member
Hi folks,

Thanks very much for reading the Guide. Note that updates to the Unofficial Guide are available online at www.TouringPlans.com. KaliSplash, I think we've got updated E-Ride information in the '05 edition. I believe we also had website updates within hours of the 90-day PS policy change, too. As those types of things are subject to change at any time, the website is the best place to check for updates. We'll also post touring plan updates there as well.

IMHO, I'd guess M:S got the higher rating because of its immersive environment and better ride experience. Had you actually been able to pilot the vehicle, or have your input affect the outcome of the ride (something we were told would happen by Disney), it may have been rated higher. Amazingly, the potential for throwing up wasn't considered a negative in the rating.

T:T is a decent attraction, and deservedly a headliner. I'd like to see some concepts for an update, however. As many folks have noted, it's essentially a 60 MPH car ride with the windows open, and people do that in the parking lot.

Thanks again for reading the Guide.

Sincerely,

Len Testa

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom