Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom

Pixie VaVoom

To be honest...the crane is a huge pet peeve of mine. Every trip I think since 2006 it has been in our pictures. I do not know how many years it has been going on for sure but what I am sure of is that leasing a crane and operator for weeks/months at a time is no cheap endeavor. I wish they would take the money they sink into that thing and just embed the face of the castle with lighting that can be there year round. It may even require a new facade altogether but I just have to question if that would not be more cost effective long-term and be more visually pleasing for guests. Sorry to inject this into the "crackpot lady" thread but it is something on my mind of late about areas of reasonably expectable improvements.

That is a really GOOD idea and I am surprised that someone has not addressed it before !!

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
As a civil engineer specializing in maintenance of facilities, I do not think permanent lights would be a good move. Lights like these take a lot of man hours each year to keep them working. Taking them down and putting them up allows this work to be done off site, which is a lot easier then working on them in place each year. If you do not like the crane there when putting them up and taking them down, you would hate it there for months working on them each year.

momprincess

The children's menu at Be Our Guest does not have any hot dogs, mac n cheese or chicken nuggets so she would have complained about that also if she would have gone there. If you ask me she sounds like a very bored housewife with nothing better to do but complain while her husband is working long hours with his much younger secretary.

Matt_Black

The children's menu at Be Our Guest does not have any hot dogs, mac n cheese or chicken nuggets so she would have complained about that also if she would have gone there. If you ask me she sounds like a very bored housewife with nothing better to do but complain while her husband is working long hours with his much younger secretary.

Hey, now! That's getting unnecessarily saucy.

Go on....

Obi

Just read on another site that she's claiming yet somewhere else now that Disney has given her park tickets and a private meet & greet with Cinderella.

Ummmmmmmmkkkkkkaaaayyyyy......

Haven't seen her return to the boards to make her triumphant proclamation.
I believe this to be true because she used the name Joan martin. I got a call from Joan a couple of years ago after I sent meg Crofton an email praising the extraordinary service I received from 3 cm's. Because of my nice email I sent, Joan was authorized to give me, and my family, VIP seating at fantasmic.

eliz603

I believe this to be true because she used the name Joan martin. I got a call from Joan a couple of years ago after I sent meg Crofton an email praising the extraordinary service I received from 3 cm's. Because of my nice email I sent, Joan was authorized to give me, and my family, VIP seating at fantasmic.

Good to know about the name. Yell loud enough, they'll throw something at you. From Disney 's perspective, it makes sense. From the perspective as a human who can't stand entitlement mentality, ugh!!! (Not about what you got!)

Last edited:

momprincess

Just read on another site that she's claiming yet somewhere else now that Disney has given her park tickets and a private meet & greet with Cinderella.

Ummmmmmmmkkkkkkaaaayyyyy......

She really should not have been given anything, it just makes her feel justified in thinking that she deserves royal treatment. I worked in customer service for a wireless carrier for years and we had the same people that would come in to our store and complain about the same issues that no one else seemed to be having issues with. If we gave that person what they were asking for then by the next month they would come in again to complain to see what else they could get. Hopefully this terrible woman won't be in the parks in less then 2 weeks when we will be there. She just needs to GTFU.

Weather_Lady

But if you Google WDW complaint letters, you can get Joan's name, as well. Several of her responses on behalf of WDW Guest Services are posted online, so her position is no secret. (One example here: http://miceage.micechat.com/mc/mc011112a.htm. Those with a writing background may note some similarities between the structure of the letter mentioned in the link and the OP's letter. Methinks Katie, or Jennifer, or whatever her real name is, got some "inspiration" by reviewing other complaint letters online.)

I prefer to believe that the OP got bupkiss, because if I allow myself to believe that the OP's crock of horsepucky actually caused WDW to do something nice for her, my world view will be irretrievably broken! I think she's invented a victory and is posting about it to save face, and not because WDW actually threw her a bone. I certainly don't need any convincing that she is delusional, if not outright deceptive.

So, in summary, and because this word is sadly underused, I say again: bupkiss. :D

Last edited:

Obi

Good to know. Yell loud enough, they'll throw something at you. From Disney 's perspective, it makes sense. From the perspective as a human who can't stand entitlement mentality, ugh!!! (Not about what you got!)
understand. I feel the same way.

I do want to make it clear, in my case, I wasn't looking for anything. I just wanted to show my appreciation for the 3 cm's, that I emailed about, went beyond the normal service to make our trip magical. I took pictures of the 3 cm's, got their names, where they were working at the time and explained the awesome service we got. Joan emailed saying that meg got my email, liked it and sent it to her to contact me to thank me for my email. She asked if she could call me to talk further. I sent my # and she called. Let me know they don't get too many emails praising the jobs performed. She then offered, as a token of their gratitude, VIP seating for fantasmic the next time we would visit wdw. I graciously accepted.

Obi

But if you Google WDW complaint letters, you can get Joan's name, as well. Several of her responses on behalf of WDW Guest Services are posted online. (One example here: http://miceage.micechat.com/mc/mc011112a.htm)

I prefer to believe that the OP got bupkiss, because if I allow myself to believe that the OP's crock of horsepucky actually caused WDW to do something nice for her, my world view will be irretrievably broken! I think she's invented a victory and is posting about it to save face, and not because WDW actually threw her a bone. I certainly don't need any convincing that she is delusional, if not outright deceptive.

So, in summary, and because this word is sadly underused, I say again: bupkiss. :D
you do make a valid point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom