Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom

PigletIsMyCat

i hope she got bupkiss. i've had this discussion with so many people so many times. no matter how much you spend on a disney vacation, hell on any vacation, if you go in with a bad attitude, you'll have a bad vacation. you can pay inordinate amounts of money to get the best room, the best ticket, a private guide, the most expensive dining plan, whatevertheheckyouwant. if you wear a scowl the entire time and don't let yourself enjoy anything, you'll have a horrible time.

it is not the CMs job to make your magic. you cannot go into the park and just stand around and expect to have a good time (although dh and i have done just that and had an excellent time). you have to be open to the magic, you have to smile, you have to interact positively with people, and you have to make your own magic.

Acolli18

Sounds like a nice list of things that should have been catered to you...I enjoyed the part that she is a travel agent. I could never imagine having her help plan my vacation. "here's your tickets, thanks for the money, have fun!"

Weather_Lady

i hope she got bupkiss. i've had this discussion with so many people so many times. no matter how much you spend on a disney vacation, hell on any vacation, if you go in with a bad attitude, you'll have a bad vacation. you can pay inordinate amounts of money to get the best room, the best ticket, a private guide, the most expensive dining plan, whatevertheheckyouwant. if you wear a scowl the entire time and don't let yourself enjoy anything, you'll have a horrible time.

it is not the CMs job to make your magic. you cannot go into the park and just stand around and expect to have a good time (although dh and i have done just that and had an excellent time). you have to be open to the magic, you have to smile, you have to interact positively with people, and you have to make your own magic.

THIS! Disney World is a beautiful place, but the only "magic" it holds is the magic we are willing to bring, make, share or enjoy for ourselves inside its gates. At its best, what it offers is a place of beauty and fantasy, where the distractions of everyday life are largely removed, where we are free to laugh and dream and play with each other and feel the "magic" that isn't really magic at all, but the word that best describes the irrepressible joy and wonder and sense of overwhelming gratitude that seems to envelop us when we spend time forsaking the outside world and just enjoying our loved ones. It's a place where sitting with your family on a park bench and sharing a laugh (or sharing a Dole Whip!) can be just as beautiful, fulfilling, memorable and "magical" as a personal tour of Cinderella Castle. What Disney World does not do, and cannot do, is force joy or optimism or altruism or fun upon those too unwilling, hardhearted or selfish to experience them. Even if it's true that the OP swindled WDW into giving her freebies in response to a frivolous rant, the sad fact is that her next visit to WDW will be just as joyless and frustrating and empty of real magic (the kind that money can't buy and no park ticket can guarantee) as the last one... only this time, with her "demands" met and goals accomplished, she'll be scratching her head and wondering why her victory feels so empty, and why the "magic" for which she longs continues to elude her.

Last edited:

eliz603

Even if it's true that the OP swindled WDW into giving her freebies in response to a frivolous rant, the fact is that her next visit to WDW will be just as joyless and frustrating and empty of real magic (the kind that money can't buy and no park ticket can guarantee) as the last... only this time, with her "demands" met and goals accomplished, she'll be scratching her head and wondering why.

Totally, completely, dead on accurate.

Ember

Absolutely! And it really es me off because there are plenty of families out there that can't afford to go to Disney, but would have an amazing and magical time there. They should have told her instead of giving her free tickets they were going to donate tickets on her behalf to a less fortunate family of six who will truly appreciate the magic.

daisyduckie

I think she is full of it. No way did they give her anything. She is just trying to make it sound as if she was right to be upset and behave like a brat.

Obi

been debating on whether or not to see if I saved Joan's email addy and ask her whether or not she actually talked to this lady.

Cesar R M

Just read on another site that she's claiming yet somewhere else now that Disney has given her park tickets and a private meet & greet with Cinderella.

Ummmmmmmmkkkkkkaaaayyyyy......

Haven't seen her return to the boards to make her triumphant proclamation.

Considering her behaviour, she would be proclaiming victory in every thread and posting images of the free tickets.
I think she is just hiding her butt after being terrible slapped by almost everyone in every forum she tried to complain. aka to prevent something similar to the woman who got kicked from the movie theatre.

Oh good, make her worse.
IF they did.. yes I agree with you.
They would be reinforcing the BAD behaviour by telling people they could get free stuff by complaining 24/7 and posting crap everywhere.

I believe this to be true because she used the name Joan martin. I got a call from Joan a couple of years ago after I sent meg Crofton an email praising the extraordinary service I received from 3 cm's. Because of my nice email I sent, Joan was authorized to give me, and my family, VIP seating at fantasmic.
That sounds really Sweet,
you probably made the day for some CMs (a congratulations? bonus?) and they decided to give you something back for your kindness?

But if you Google WDW complaint letters, you can get Joan's name, as well. Several of her responses on behalf of WDW Guest Services are posted online, so her position is no secret. (One example here: http://miceage.micechat.com/mc/mc011112a.htm. Those with a writing background may note some similarities between the structure of the letter mentioned in the link and the OP's letter. Methinks Katie, or Jennifer, or whatever her real name is, got some "inspiration" by reviewing other complaint letters online.)

I prefer to believe that the OP got bupkiss, because if I allow myself to believe that the OP's crock of horsepucky actually caused WDW to do something nice for her, my world view will be irretrievably broken! I think she's invented a victory and is posting about it to save face, and not because WDW actually threw her a bone. I certainly don't need any convincing that she is delusional, if not outright deceptive.

So, in summary, and because this word is sadly underused, I say again: bupkiss. :D

To resume, a professional and well trained fraud (aka a scammer?)?
They should make a list of times this person as complained.. if there is a huge story of complains, id completely ban her from anything I owned.

Obi

Considering her behaviour, she would be proclaiming victory in every thread and posting images of the free tickets.
I think she is just hiding her butt after being terrible slapped by almost everyone in every forum she tried to complain. aka to prevent something similar to the woman who got kicked from the movie theatre.

IF they did.. yes I agree with you.
They would be reinforcing the BAD behaviour by telling people they could get free stuff by complaining 24/7 and posting crap everywhere.

That sounds really Sweet,
you probably made the day for some CMs (a congratulations? bonus?) and they decided to give you something back for your kindness?

To resume, a professional and well trained fraud (aka a scammer?)?
They should make a list of times this person as complained.. if there is a huge story of complains, id completely ban her from anything I owned.
I don't know what they received. I was told that they would be contacting the heads of the departments of each of the cm's to let them know about my email and they would be recognized. Not sure what that meant as far as how they were going to be recognized.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Haha..19 pages?? Wow I didn't think that this would last past page 1.

With that being said - Troll or not it was indeed an epic first post and probably deserves a little "discussion" time around here.

BuddyThomas

I want to pitch a tv show called In Search of Katiebug to the Travel Channel. It will be the same premise as In Search of Bigfoot, and anyone who can prove that Katiebug and her prince and princesses exist gets a million dollars. The show could run for years, because as far as I am concerned, Ms. Bug is about as real as a leprechaun.

A search for her would most likely lead you to a bored, pimply 15 year old whose Dungeons and Dragons friends all went to Disnwy without him........or to the crazy cat lady of Lake Okechobee who drank too much moonshine and imagined the whole thing.

disneypearl

There is no way Disney gave her anything. If they looked at her posts, they would also see the reaction her posts are getting. Her rants don't have any weight. I doubt they gave her free tickets or charater interactions. She probably just wants it to look like she was given this because it helps her save face and show us all that she was right with her complaints. I don't buy it.

BigTxEars

In Orlando tonight ! But it's for a meeting so no WDW :(

But we have a trip to WDW first week in June for fun :) so I guess I better start being pre offended now about stuff so I can get me some freebies!!!

As we drove from the airport there was a huge and pretty Disney billboard with the mouse himself on it, and right next to it a billboard with a ugly advertisement for a law firm . Not very magical! And I am pretty sure the DME bus I saw on the interstate needed to be washed. Not very magical! And come to think of it, where was Mickey when I got off the plane, not there to greet me! Not very magical!

Now what kind of free stuff do I get??

Ember

But we have a trip to WDW first week in June for fun :) so I guess I better start being pre offended now about stuff so I can get me some freebies!!!

As we drove from the airport there was a huge and pretty Disney billboard with the mouse himself on it, and right next to it a billboard with a ugly advertisement for a law firm . Not very magical! And I am pretty sure the DME bus I saw on the interstate needed to be washed. Not very magical! And come to think of it, where was Mickey when I got off the plane, not there to greet me! Not very magical!

You neglected to use the words "prince" and "princess" precisely 23.75 times, so you get nothing!

mousehockey37

THIS! Disney World is a beautiful place, but the only "magic" it holds is the magic we are willing to bring, make, share or enjoy for ourselves inside its gates. At its best, what it offers is a place of beauty and fantasy, where the distractions of everyday life are largely removed, where we are free to laugh and dream and play with each other and feel the "magic" that isn't really magic at all, but the word that best describes the irrepressible joy and wonder and sense of overwhelming gratitude that seems to envelop us when we spend time forsaking the outside world and just enjoying our loved ones. It's a place where sitting with your family on a park bench and sharing a laugh (or sharing a Dole Whip!) can be just as beautiful, fulfilling, memorable and "magical" as a personal tour of Cinderella Castle. What Disney World does not do, and cannot do, is force joy or optimism or altruism or fun upon those too unwilling, hardhearted or selfish to experience them. Even if it's true that the OP swindled WDW into giving her freebies in response to a frivolous rant, the sad fact is that her next visit to WDW will be just as joyless and frustrating and empty of real magic (the kind that money can't buy and no park ticket can guarantee) as the last one... only this time, with her "demands" met and goals accomplished, she'll be scratching her head and wondering why her victory feels so empty, and why the "magic" for which she longs continues to elude her.

This 100%. Your vacation and time in the parks is what you make of it. There are obviously things that you will not be in control of (weather, ride closures, etc.), but it's what you do to counter that to enjoy yourself. Just because you get 3 FP+ shouldn't break a vacation, it will prove a hurdle, but use the time to explore parts of the park you didn't know were there.

As far as CMs making the "magic" happen, you bet they still do. If karma ever existed in a single place, Disney is it. You could have a CM get absolutely hounded 1 minute for a magical moment from an entitled person like the OP, and then turn around to the next person they see and totally make a family's day or vacation. But it's all in how you act. If you act entitled, you're gonna probably get passed over, but if you just do your thing and happen to be at the right place at the right time, the sky is the limit.

Case and point, last trip my DGF had asked to get her picture with the Dapper Dans. They teased her and said no, but then they said they were kidding and she got her picture, as I take the picture, they finished their tune, saw my birthday button, and broke out into happy birthday. So I got my picture quick while being sung happy birthday by the Dapper Dans. All you saw were people come running from every direction with birthday buttons beaming and they hauled out. It was a rare and totally awesome magical moment that happened because I took a picture of my DGF with the Dapper Dans.

So please don't ever say that the CM's aren't magical, because they are. This was just 1 example of many magical things that happened on our trip last time.

Act like decent people, and just have a little luck on your side, and don't go looking for magic and it'll magically come to you.

Cesar R M

Anyone else wonder how many posts the OP read before realized nobody was supporting her and quit reading? Lol...
Probably had to go into "ABORT.. ABORT.. ABANDON THREAD" after page 2.

1391108321973.gif

Can you imagine if they sold special paint and clothing "Start your day PRE-OFFENDED..use your power as Sissy Customer to get your way and get free things"

You neglected to use the words "prince" and "princess" precisely 23.75 times, so you get nothing!

YOU LOSE!, GOOD DAY SIR!

eliz603

I finally found where she had posted her update. It's a general consumer complaint board. Last check, only 29 responses, a few of which were hers. No one there supports her, either. There was one really out of line, vile comment, but other than that, pretty much par for the course!

ETA: She claims that Disney is making an ADR for her at DHS, free tix to MK and a meet and greet with Cinderella. Why on EARTH would Disney give MK tickets to someone they know is already committing to paying to go to DHS? She can't even get her Disney response (I'm assuming she researched this) to make sense.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom