Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Faith Holland

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
An Unmagical Celebration of an Unmagical Day at Magic Kingdom

Upon arriving at Magic Kingdom for the 8th Unmagical Anniversary, I was informed that I could no longer meet Cinderella in person and instead would have to settle for a distanced Meet and Greet. Unmagical. Then upon taking my seat for the dramatic recreation, I was informed I could not sit in Starlight Cafe to watch the second part of the day's festivities. Unmagical. To top it all off, there were no festivities because, and Chapek himself told me this, the CM In charge did nothing. Sam did not plan festivities. Sam did not observe our anniversary. How very Unmagical.

Weather_Lady

In true Disney fashion, it seems that despite KatieBug's stint as a tortured villain, they all lived happily ever after.

Out of morbid curiosity, I perused one of KatieBug's social media accounts, which was easily located online.* No, I'm not a stalker: my amateur detective work took all of 2 minutes, and her account is public. It was just that "Katie" had deleted her WDW review from at least some of the sites upon which she originally posted it, which made me wonder if, eventually, she'd thought better of it.

For anyone worried about Ms. Bug's welfare after her sudden disappearance, rest assured that she is alive and well. What's more, the magic appears to have returned for her! While "Katie" has posted no subsequent official reviews of WDW, she's shared photos documenting multiple vacations with the "royal" family there since their 2014 visit, as recently as last spring, when they stayed at the Grand Floridian -- all with no complaints about anything. Unfortunately, while it appears that she's moved past the events of her unmagical day, there's nothing to indicate that she ever reconciled with Sam.

(*Note: While I realize I'm not the first member to have discovered her true identity, I will not detail exactly what I searched to find her account except to say that it is unquestionably hers, with images and personal details identical to those in the profiles she used to post her "unmagical" review in various places online. I will not give out any personal or identifying information about her, as doing so would run afoul of forum rules -- and even if it wasn't against the rules, it would be a jerky thing to do. The point is that KatieBug now exists in two realms: preserved forever in this thread in the primeval form that, to paraphrase Walt, will continue to entertain us all "as long as there is imagination left in the world," but also out in the real world, quietly evolving. If she ever does return, will we even recognize her?)

Last edited:

ppete1975

In true Disney fashion, it seems that despite KatieBug's stint as a tortured villain, they all lived happily ever after.

Out of morbid curiosity, I perused one of KatieBug's social media accounts, which was easily located online.* No, I'm not a stalker: my amateur detective work took all of 2 minutes, and her account is public. It was just that "Katie" had deleted her WDW review from at least some of the sites upon which she originally posted it, which made me wonder if, eventually, she'd thought better of it.

For anyone worried about Ms. Bug's welfare after her sudden disappearance, rest assured that she is alive and well. What's more, the magic appears to have returned for her! While "Katie" has posted no subsequent official reviews of WDW, she's shared photos documenting multiple vacations with the "royal" family there since their 2014 visit, as recently as last spring, when they stayed at the Grand Floridian -- all with no complaints about anything. Unfortunately, while it appears that she's moved past the events of her unmagical day, there's nothing to indicate that she ever reconciled with Sam.

(*Note: While I realize I'm not the first member to have discovered her true identity, I will not detail exactly what I searched to find her account except to say that it is unquestionably hers, with images and personal details identical to those in the profiles she used to post her "unmagical" review in various places online. I will not give out any personal or identifying information about her, as doing so would run afoul of forum rules -- and even if it wasn't against the rules, it would be a jerky thing to do. The point is that KatieBug now exists in two realms: preserved forever in this thread in the primeval form that, to paraphrase Walt, will continue to entertain us all "as long as there is imagination left in the world," but also out in the real world, quietly evolving. If she ever does return, will we even recognize her?)
Does this mean we can permanently close this thread finally?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom