Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Please quote any post that I have made where I used the words "Mean Girls Thread".

I am bothered. I'm bothered that a longtime member here had his enjoyment of the site taken away because some of the premium members clearly never moved on from petty high school behavior.
He had his enjoyment taken away by a set of anonymous posters on an internet site? Best avoid the interwebs as a whole then....

Tony the Tigger

Does Sam even still work at WDW?
F058AC90-D4FC-4BDD-9712-BC82032805CD.jpeg

Epcot_Imagineer

I have tried to stay silent... but I can't idly sit by when an American hero like KatieBug exposes corruption and is made fun of. True followers of this thread and KatieBug's plight should surely have determined by now that the recent "incident" on this Website was in fact a false flag created by Sam in conjunction with TWDC to derail the progress we have made in holding Sam and TWDC accountable. Please don't allow this thread to derail any further; if we lose sight of this, then Sam wins.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I have tried to stay silent... but I can't idly sit by when an American hero like KatieBug exposes corruption and is made fun of. True followers of this thread and KatieBug's plight should surely have determined by now that the recent "incident" on this Website was in fact a false flag created by Sam in conjunction with TWDC to derail the progress we have made in holding Sam and TWDC accountable. Please don't allow this thread to derail any further; if we lose sight of this, then Sam wins.
That's poppycock.

And don't call us Shirley.

Goofyernmost

I knew what you meant. You are referring to the alleged “Mean Girls” section - which really isn’t all that.

Just ask the two members who joined in the wake of last week’s goings on and wandered around said thread going “Hello, where are all the mean girls?”

Yes, we comment on public topics in a private setting, but it doesn’t mean we are bashing all the plebes. Most of it is nonsense drivel. (No offence to my fellow Yellow Badgers.) Lots of it is planning meetups and cruises. And yes, some of it is eye rolling at certain posts. You’re an active member of Chit Chat Chit Chat. It’s no different than that, except with fewer squabbles.
Except that Chit Chat is completely public. No cash requirements to be a part of it or to defend oneself from negative comments. If I say something on Chit Chat everyone has access and can immediately respond. The threads (I assume there are more then one) that are hidden from public view and used to criticize others that are not allowed access without payment is just not right.

Jennifer put yourself in the place of others. If they had decided that there was something about you that was uniquely weird or unlikable and a group of people made a field day of attacking you, and you were unaware of it. Then imagine paying money and exploring those threads and finding a number of posts that were laughing at you for whatever fault they perceived you had. How would you feel? Just because it is private is what makes it wrong and shocking when it is found out, no matter how thick your skin might be.

I was not referring to any specific thread because I am not knowledgeable about the content of any of them. I was referring to the "good ole boys" type thread that we are told is openly maligning people without their knowledge within the Premium Membership. I don't care how many angles we look at it from, it is still wrong. I'm not the moral leader of this board, I am just expressing my disgust that it exists in a site that up until now felt that it had a good grasp on integrity.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Except that Chit Chat is completely public. No cash requirements to be a part of it or to defend oneself from negative comments. If I say something on Chit Chat everyone has access and can immediately respond. The threads (I assume there are more then one) that are hidden from public view and used to criticize others that are not allowed access without payment is just not right.

Jennifer put yourself in the place of others. If they had decided that there was something about you that was uniquely weird or unlikable and a group of people made a field day of attacking you, and you were unaware of it. Then imagine paying money and exploring those threads and finding a number of posts that were laughing at you for whatever fault they perceived you had. How would you feel? Just because it is private is what makes it wrong and shocking when it is found out, no matter how thick your skin might be.

I was not referring to any specific thread because I am not knowledgeable about the content of any of them. I was referring to the "good ole boys" type thread that we are told is openly maligning people without their knowledge within the Premium Membership. I don't care how many angles we look at it from, it is still wrong. I'm not the moral leader of this board, I am just expressing my disgust that it exists in a site that up until now felt that it had a good grasp on integrity.

Don't know who's telling you this, but what you've been told is inaccurate. No such thread exists. 99% of our conversations don't revolve around other members. If you really have concerns, I would suggest you address them to @wdwmagic. The PML forum is moderated.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

You know me - I far prefer to roll my eyes at someone to their face, rather than behind their back. Where’s the satisfaction in that? 😂

I became a Premium Member because I support this site. I spend more time here than all other social media combined. I’ve met many wonderful people from the forum, yourself among them, and I consider lots of you to be my true friends - not just finger quote “friends”.

When my brother passed away last month, the first flowers I received were from 8 of my Saget besties. I’m not here to poke fun at people. Life is too short for that. If I’ve got something to say, I’ll say it. Either in an open forum or in a private message to the individual.

I don’t pay 50 bucks/year (plus the abysmal exchange rate) so I can attack people. I can’t imagine it’s anyone else’s motivation either.

Anyway, I said I was done here, but felt compelled to answer you as you are one of my favourite posters. I don’t always agree with you, but I respect your right to say whatever you want.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Only it really doesn’t exist. No more so than discussions that take place in PMs, which are free as well, and even less accessible. Some simply choose to support this site monetarily. Which others can do as well, as anyone who is a Premium Member knows.....

Tony the Tigger

I have no dog in this. But I feel bad about people now possibly imagining what is going on, maybe imagining worse than it is.

To be fair, anybody who wants to see what’s what can pay the $5 one time for one month and see for themselves - although sometimes, like here, things get deleted.

Also to be fair, no one answered my question about what is the name of the thread being referenced? I would think that alone can give some insight into the purpose of that thread for the folks who haven’t seen it. I don’t know if I’m allowed to post it here, and I’m not looking for drama with anyone.

Calling it a “mean girls thread” seems like exaggerated shorthand. If that was someone’s interpretation, I get it. (I completely missed what happened with Bernard.)

There is slight posting leeway in both the PML lounge and the politics sub forum, but neither are a free for all. You can’t even use the laugh emoji reaction in the politics thread if you think someone made a ridiculous post or it will be removed. If anything, it’s micro-moderated.

But there’s no point pretending there isn’t a thread “in there” specifically to discuss “out here,” and I’m surprised to read some of the comments here that seem to do that or minimize it.

For context, there are many threads, many as mundane or inconsequential or trip report-ish as the rest of the site. (That’s not a knock.)

And IMO, the thread in question was designed to be a place to vent about the latest popcorn thread from a “safe” distance, with a little more respect and camaraderie (although no one has earned their place there, they just paid for it.) I’m out right now because I didn’t renew recently, and that’s typical. I do a month here and there.

If you want more than that, you’ll have to plunk down your own five bucks. I think the site deserves it, though I don’t think anyone is obligated. For me, when I looked back at my own trip reports from years ago, and remembered things I’d already forgotten, and saw pics long deleted from old phones, and memories I’d like my husband to read if I got hit by a bus, I thought Steve deserved some payback for that “perk” from me.

Plus when the site is acting glitchy, it helps lol, just from a practical standpoint.

And before anybody calls me out, yes, I recently brought something over to that thread myself, while also addressing the person directly here.

Commence throwing stones.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I have no dog in this. But I feel bad about people now possibly imagining what is going on, maybe imagining worse than it is.

To be fair, anybody who wants to see what’s what can pay the $5 one time for one month and see for themselves - although sometimes, like here, things get deleted.

Also to be fair, no one answered my question about what is the name of the thread being referenced? I would think that alone can give some insight into the purpose of that thread for the folks who haven’t seen it. I don’t know if I’m allowed to post it here, and I’m not looking for drama with anyone.

Calling it a “mean girls thread” seems like exaggerated shorthand. If that was someone’s interpretation, I get it. (I completely missed what happened with Bernard.)

There is slight posting leeway in both the PML lounge and the politics sub forum, but neither are a free for all. You can’t even use the laugh emoji reaction in the politics thread if you think someone made a ridiculous post or it will be removed. If anything, it’s micro-moderated.

But there’s no point pretending there isn’t a thread “in there” specifically to discuss “out here,” and I’m surprised to read some of the comments here that seem to do that or minimize it.

For context, there are many threads, many as mundane or inconsequential or trip report-ish as the rest of the site. (That’s not a knock.)

And IMO, the thread in question was designed to be a place to vent about the latest popcorn thread from a “safe” distance, with a little more respect and camaraderie (although no one has earned their place there, they just paid for it.) I’m out right now because I didn’t renew recently, and that’s typical. I do a month here and there.

If you want more than that, you’ll have to plunk down your own five bucks. I think the site deserves it, though I don’t think anyone is obligated. For me, when I looked back at my own trip reports from years ago, and remembered things I’d already forgotten, and saw pics long deleted from old phones, and memories I’d like my husband to read if I got hit by a bus, I thought Steve deserved some payback for that “perk” from me.

Plus when the site is acting glitchy, it helps lol, just from a practical standpoint.

And before anybody calls me out, yes, I recently brought something over to that thread myself, while also addressing the person directly here.

Commence throwing stones.

I can't speak for others. If an OP wishes to discuss the rational for any thread they created, only fair to let them choose to do so.

Btw, you are missed.

CaptainAmerica

I'm a new Premium Member so I'll divulge and then plead ignorance if I get slapped on the wrist.

It's called "WDWMagic slambook to dunk on the poors who can only afford the free site"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom