Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom

LittleBuford

It's pretty easy to do it for free in the public forums. I've called several members liars because they were caught in a lie and doubled down on it rather than simply correcting themselves.

And you should see the Politics forum.

There are limits. You can't just start swearing at people and call names. But if someone demonstrably lies, they are a liar. If someone cops to just wanting to stir the pot, you call them the troll for what they are. All public. You should see what was done to the troll that kept coming back on sock puppet accounts claiming Universal isn't building a 3rd theme park. Private shaming isn't nearly as effective as public shaming... when deserved.

Oh, and the poster in question did indeed go off the rails. He was getting agitated before joining PML. And when set off, he flew into a rage with naughty words and demanding his account be deleted. The very definition of going off the rails.

As a regular contributor to it, I know the politics forum very well.

Mr_Bernard was one of the greats here. If I found out I was being trashed in a forum people thought I couldn't access, I'd "go off the rails" too. A nasty comment said behind someone's back is far worse in my opinion than an expletive.

Last edited:

FettFan

Darn those pesky Yellow Badgers 😡😡😡

cvKSRxC.gif

Creathir

In that case, it is a severe mistake to have that "perk" because one pays extra. I always thought it was just to eliminate advertisements and add status all the while helping to support the site. Now I am glad I never decided to join up. I'm sure my name has shown up quite often, but, I care so little about what those children think of me, that it just isn't worth it. I thought that the British were more mature and cultured then to allow that to happen on such a respected site. Apparently there is no discretion left in the world and it is all about, how many clicks.
Some of us join PML not to talk about others, but rather to support the site we spend so much time on.

Anyone that posts more than a post or two a day should do the same IMO.

If you use it, help Steve cover the costs of running it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For quite a long time, this thread has mainly been used by a small group of people that enjoy the inside jokes and comments relating to the OP. Now all of a sudden, many people that never post in this thread have decided to show up, and surprise surprise, they are mostly Premium Members. Why? Because the thread drifted towards a discussion about the PML, and I'm sure someone "inside" noticed.

Ok, fine. I'll go turn off the PML signal so that you can take rightful ownership of this thread despite the fact, I, a PMLer, already chided non-PMLers for going off topic. I'll turn off the irony signal, too.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know all of you premium members think this discussion is a riot, but keep in mind that what was said behind "closed doors" caused a member to feel alienated from the entire site, taking away the enjoyment that this place brought him. At the end of the day, we are all here because we like Disney, so making the site a toxic environment for people who choose to not pay $5 a month is obnoxious and immature. Nobody knows for sure why he reacted the way he did, but maybe he had other things going on in the real world that caused him to react the way he did, so making fun of him for that is uncalled for as well.

Yeah, that would be awful.

I don't remember that but I'm not surprised. I was never really a huge fan of his posting style.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I find it a shame that a thread such as this, which united pretty much everyone. Even those opposed on strong arguments over on the political forums, has been turned into a them and us debate. The full facts of what happened will probably never be known to all members (even in the paid section). But the argument keeps flowing based on rumours.

If people truly beleive this is a toxic site then why not leave and join another place. I am not forcing anyone to go. But is it really a fun place if you don't feel welcome.
I have been there in the past and left this site. I came back and can honestly say i am glad i returned.
I pay my £ to the site to help Steve afford to run it and to keep ads out of my experience.
I participate in paid side and free side discussions and have found nothing gets said in the paid side that would break forum rules anywhere on the site.
This is just my 2 pence and you are all free to jump all over it or not . Paid member or free.

eliza61nyc

I find it a shame that a thread such as this, which united pretty much everyone. Even those opposed on strong arguments over on the political forums, has been turned into a them and us debate. The full facts of what happened will probably never be known to all members (even in the paid section). But the argument keeps flowing based on rumours.

If people truly beleive this is a toxic site then why not leave and join another place. I am not forcing anyone to go. But is it really a fun place if you don't feel welcome.

This made me giggle because of the irony. when you are on this site and tell a person to stop going to Disneyworld if they don't like it, watch out, all heck breaks loose.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
For what it's worth, I was a premium member for years and years. I am not anymore, for reasons. But I would like to say the PML isn't the trash talking haven some of you are making it out to be. There is literally no barrier to entry outside the ability to have $5. It's not a secret club. Pay $5 and go have a look.

Goofyernmost

Some of us join PML not to talk about others, but rather to support the site we spend so much time on.

Anyone that posts more than a post or two a day should do the same IMO.

If you use it, help Steve cover the costs of running it.
I do, in my own way, when I see advertising that he gets other then fees paid. I'm sure that all of you that join PML (People Maligning Location) didn't do it to talk about others, because for the most part no one ever knew it existed. I have been on this site since 2003 and this is the first that I heard about it. It's like a secret organization and it is spooky. BTW, do all of you determine the exchange rate of Pound Sterling and pay additional to cover that difference?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I do, in my own way, when I see advertising that he gets other then fees paid. I'm sure that all of you that join PML (People Maligning Location) didn't do it to talk about others, because for the most part no one ever knew it existed. I have been on this site since 2003 and this is the first that I heard about it. It's like a secret organization and it is spooky. BTW, do all of you determine the exchange rate of Pound Sterling and pay additional to cover that difference?
You're relative ignorance doesn't, in any way, make being a premium member a secret. There is a link to become a premium member right there on the front page of the forums. You can't miss it.

Goofyernmost

You're relative ignorance doesn't, in any way, make being a premium member a secret. There is a link to become a premium member right there on the front page of the forums. You can't miss it.
Sorry, but, that isn't at all relevant to this discussion or even aligned with what I said. I am referring to a small part of the Premium Member Ship. Small part, but, potentially very hurtful and shameful. A very well respected site like this one, that has offered, for a fee, the avenue to degrade and malign people and then accept money from others only for them to witness that they have been the butt of the amusement of others. That is the issue here, not in your relative ignorance that you think that I didn't know the membership option existed.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom