Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom

Bender123

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im going down the rabbit hole...AGAIN!!!!

Bacon

7CD6EE03-5FCB-4172-8950-568B5D01C0AB.jpeg

freesvoice

That post is UNMAGICAL! My little princesses (actually my cats) are shocked and aghast at the rudeness! I think they're shocked and aghast, anyway. One is hiding under the kitchen table, and the other is asleep on top of the recliner. She was so shocked she was rendered unconscious! UNMAGICAL!
Sorry!

I didn't comment on her IQ itself just saying it would be hard to tell if the person in the pic made these ridiculous statements based on appearances alone :)

freesvoice

Thankfully, her post told us all we needed to know. ;)

She has/had a profile on the DISboards, if you want to see the whole darling family of royalty. I looked it up once, and then felt like a weirdo stalker. There are a few other women out there who go by "Katiebug" -- including a much younger, totally unrelated one who has a travel blog -- but don't be fooled. There is only one "unmagical" Katiebug -- we should just be thankful that she brought her whole freakshow to us, because it's given so many hours of free entertainment.
So this is for sure a real person & post?! I didn't read the whole thread but I thought the speculation was that this may have made up. Oh my goodness haha

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

So this is for sure a real person & post?! I didn't read the whole thread but I thought the speculation was that this may have made up. Oh my goodness haha

No, I'm afraid she's real. Her old posts on the DISboards (going back several years) match up perfectly in terms of the names/ages of the children and other details of their trips, so there's no doubt. Her accounts seem to have gone dark, however, since her not-so-well-received "unmagical day" posts. In fact, she put them up on another forum as well, and after a short time, her lone "defender" on that thread was unmasked as... herself (or her husband, working from the same IP address). I kind of feel sorry for Katiebug and her family, and I suspect that self-made drama and McDonald's fries accompany them wherever they go.

mousehockey37

The often imitated, never duplicated Katiebug thead!!!

I must say though, there's been a few that have given this one a run for its money, but this OP has yet to be knocked from the top of the mountain.

just got introduced to this thread today and had a completely unproductive day at work because of it! Thanks all! ;) I haven't gotten through all 47 (!!!!) pages, but I'm trying to imagine what Katiebug & her lovely princesses and princes would say if she got to Pandora without planning and saw a 3 hour wait to FOP!!! Run cast members, run for your lives!! :eek:

DfromATX

No, I'm afraid she's real. Her old posts on the DISboards (going back several years) match up perfectly in terms of the names/ages of the children and other details of their trips, so there's no doubt. Her accounts seem to have gone dark, however, since her not-so-well-received "unmagical day" posts. In fact, she put them up on another forum as well, and after a short time, her lone "defender" on that thread was unmasked as... herself (or her husband, working from the same IP address). I kind of feel sorry for Katiebug and her family, and I suspect that self-made drama and McDonald's fries accompany them wherever they go.

I wish I could see that. So she did the same thing on another forum? And those people didn't take to it well either? How do you determine someone's IP address?

Adding... Wow, I just did a quick google. They're even discussing her post on another forum "easywdw" something like that. She's famous!

KBLovedDisney

I wish I could see that. So she did the same thing on another forum? And those people didn't take to it well either? How do you determine someone's IP address?

Adding... Wow, I just did a quick google. They're even discussing her post on another forum "*******" something like that. She's famous!
Funny how the first response to her rant on Disboards was a similar beginning response to this very thread on this site as well. "For someone who has been to Disney at least 20 times..."

Weather_Lady

I don't know, but somebody on another board (it all went down on the DIS boards at page 5 of their "Unmagical Day" thread, if you care to Google it) was able to figure out pretty quickly that her posts, and a series of posts from another "new user" who joined that forum solely to comment on Katiebug's thread with posts along the lines of "I agree with EVERYTHING she said and think she's not overreacting ONE BIT," came from the same I.P. address. The "new user" ("JamesDean") was posing as a man and seemed defensive enough (even dropping a gratuitous reference to the fact that the trip had been a 40th birthday present to Katiebug from her adoring husband) that the theory was that it was actually Katiebug's husband, Dennis, trying to defend the posts that were critical of his wife's narrative, but it could have been Katiebug01 herself. Either way, as soon as the other person pointed it out, Katiebug -- and the anonymous defender posting from her computer -- disappeared from that board, never to be heard from again (very much like she disappeared from this one - and quite wisely so, I think).

Unlike this board, however, which she joined solely to post the "Unmagical Day" rant, she'd actually been a member of the other board for awhile and had posted some trip reports from prior family vacations. They're a hoot, too, if you want to check them out. (Hint: The running theme is that Katiebug's family cannot get anywhere on time, doesn't know anything about their vacation destinations, and refuses to follow park rules or castmember instructions, and it is always somebody else's fault...) ;)

Last edited:

Megamazing

In the Parks
Yes
When I first read this thread, I didn’t realize it was posted in 2014. So my initial reaction was “Why is this loon just now posting about a 2014 trip now and how do they remember it so well!” And I’m glad I didn’t respond that way before further investigating. :joyfull:

Bacon

Hohoho Merry Christmas WDWMAGIC!! I thought you would like a gift so I got a exclusive interview with Katie about Universal:
Me: So how has univers-
Katie: It was horrible they were playing trashy pop songs as area music, It felt like a trashy carnival

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom