Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom

Ralphlaw

Gotta admit, I pretty much forget about this thread, but suddenly another "like" pops up, and someone new has enjoyed my page 3 post from March 7, 2014. Since then, the stock market has vaulted up, Pandorica has finally opened, the blonde haired wonder has become president, and my family has been to WDW twice and Disney cruises thrice.

Thank you, all, it is my most "liked" posting, with 28 and counting. Thank you also Katiebug, for giving us more than 3 years of enjoyment at your ill-founded expense. Staying power, thy name is Katiebug.

jloucks

I think it comes down to the fact that in the rules of the forum we are asked not to "revive" old threads and yet people continue to keep commenting on this 3 year old thread that has been discussed to death. People have been flagged, warned and yelled at by others for doing so on other threads so why should this particular thread be given special treatment? I realize this like the Some Guy Broke my Nose thread are humorous but I do think all things do have their time and place so maybe should be ended or closed for future comments.

Don't. Click. The. Thread.

Or click it, if you just really really have to. It is legendary, and you know exactly what it contains. It is your choice to keep opening it.

Last edited:

Bender123

Katiebug has probably been to the parks 400 times since then and is having the last laugh sipping a drink with an umbrella in it poolside at the Boardwalk Resort. Wish I was doing that.....:geek:

She was last seen standing at the entrance to Space Mountain with her prince and princesses and screaming at every CM about how there is a line and there never used to be lines. She then wandered into Seven Seas Lagoon screaming about monorails and how it never used to rain in the afternoon.

Attachments

• 297.jpg
    297.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 66

KBLovedDisney

Off topic but every day I like to youtube one POV ride in the morning with coffee. That way it's like I'm sort of at the park. Does anyone else do this? :)
Erm...you might wanna start this topic up on its own blog on this site. This thread seems to be fully dedicated to another topic. Just sayin

Castle Cake Apologist

I just love this thread so much. It's always nice to bring it back once in awhile for the new people. I think Katiebug is our biggest inside joke, outside of our good friend The Ladder®.

I think it comes down to the fact that in the rules of the forum we are asked not to "revive" old threads and yet people continue to keep commenting on this 3 year old thread that has been discussed to death. People have been flagged, warned and yelled at by others for doing so on other threads so why should this particular thread be given special treatment? I realize this like the Some Guy Broke my Nose thread are humorous but I do think all things do have their time and place so maybe should be ended or closed for future comments.

The rules don't necessarily apply to this thread.

Last edited:

LMSB

Gotta admit, I pretty much forget about this thread, but suddenly another "like" pops up, and someone new has enjoyed my page 3 post from March 7, 2014. Since then, the stock market has vaulted up, Pandorica has finally opened, the blonde haired wonder has become president, and my family has been to WDW twice and Disney cruises thrice.

Thank you, all, it is my most "liked" posting, with 28 and counting. Thank you also Katiebug, for giving us more than 3 years of enjoyment at your ill-founded expense. Staying power, thy name is Katiebug.
Katiebug was one of the first threads I came across while checking this site out.. hilarious!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The ladder is a joke related of construction.
Disney seems to build at such slow pace.. that everyone says there wont be any progress unless a ladder is visible in the working site.
Sort of...

The post below is a good description of where the "ladder" joke came from. I will see if I can find the original thread.

The original ladder joke began with a Mission: Space photo update that took place shortly after a special event (probably for Imagineers or upper management). The update showed all of these chairs and tables set up really nice for the event. The next update showed that most of the stuff from the event was gone- except one chair and one ladder. Several jokes were made about the chair and ladder. Most of the following updates contained the same ladder. It became sort of a "Where's Waldo?" with the ladder. (I admit, I supplied a few shots...)

Since Mission: Space opened, the ladder has appeared in several other places. The ladder lives!!! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom