Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom

Spikerdink

There is so many things to comment on in the OPs missive I don't know where to start...

I have to agree with @jagiord1 that the table policy is a good one. Can't count how many times I would go with friends, we would wait on line for our food, and then wander around a restaurant trying to find a place to sit. Meanwhile, the food is getting cold, I am getting hot, and a family of 6 is sitting at a table waiting for a family member who was behind me in line. The people who hoard the table are rude to everyone who comes in and just wants to eat their lunch quick and get back to the park.

If handling your prince and princess is too much of a burden at times like this, then sorry to be rude, but maybe you need to wait another year or two until they are a bit more grown up and won't be as big a hinderance. I feel no sympathy for you that you can't impose on other's vacations because you feel you are more entitled....

Anyway, thanks for a good laugh today. I was feeling a bit down and your post made me laugh.

Mukta

As everyone else has already mentioned, there wasn't a single thing in your post that wouldn't have been fixed by some research on your part. This website has articles about the castle construction and moat being drained. This website has info about dining reservations and FP+. This website has discussions about CS seating at busy times of year.

I feel sorry for anyone who depends on your as a Disney travel agent as you are ill equipped to meet their needs or answer their questions. I hope that in the future, you will do some research so your children will not have to suffer so much disappointment. Their tears were avoidable if you had done your part.

draybook

The sad part is that not only are the responses here accurate but they also prove that the whole idea of a a"vacation" is going out of the window as it pertains to Disney.

I also wish that people would quit acting like everyone that's ever gone to WDW has done in depth "research". I sure as hell didn't before our first trip, that's how I found this wonderful site.

Otherwise I would have known that we could have done Free Dining on our first trip and I would have known about the fastpass window glitch.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
This letter has got to be a fake. There are so many things that are wrong with this posting, but these three prove she has never been to Walt Disney World before:

1. Parking has always been the same at the Magic Kingdom. Tram - Boat or Monorail - Park
2. Unless you have a meal in the castle dining area, there is nothing to see in the castle and I have never seen Cinderella any where other than the dining area.
3. Cinderella has never came down after the show and went into the crowd, she would have been trampled by the crowd.

Californian Elitist

To OP... Have a Magical Day!

This stupid saying just makes things worse.

I agree that your expectations were unrealistic, OP. Still, it doesn't sound like you had a good time, at all. Sorry things went south for you.

This drives me crazy... People, Magic Kingdom is not the "Happiest Place on Earth." Seriously, when have you EVER heard Magic Kingdom being referred to as that?

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
The sad part is that not only are the responses here accurate but they also prove that the whole idea of a a"vacation" is going out of the window as it pertains to Disney.

I also wish that people would quit acting like everyone that's ever gone to WDW has done in depth "research". I sure as hell didn't before our first trip, that's how I found this wonderful site.

Otherwise I would have known that we could have done Free Dining on our first trip and I would have known about the fastpass window glitch.

I agree with you that I did not know enough on my first trip but this person claims to be a travel agent and has been to Walt Disney World over twenty times. This letter is not real at all.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This letter has got to be a fake. There are so many things that are wrong with this posting, but these three prove she has never been to Walt Disney World before:

1. Parking has always been the same at the Magic Kingdom. Tram - Boat or Monorail - Park
2. Unless you have a meal in the castle dining area, there is nothing to see in the castle and I have never seen Cinderella any where other than the dining area.
3. Cinderella has never came down after the show and went into the crowd, she would have been trampled by the crowd.
The same poster has cut and pasted this same letter elsewhere. This would, to me at least, would suggest that it is genuine and they are complaining to anyone who will listen.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/members-citypage/KATIEBUG101/g34515

HDS

This stupid saying just makes things worse.

I agree that your expectations were unrealistic, OP. Still, it doesn't sound like you had a good time, at all. Sorry things went south for you.

This drives me crazy... People, Magic Kingdom is not the "Happiest Place on Earth." Seriously, when have you EVER heard Magic Kingdom being referred to as that?
Lighten up Frances, It's a joke much like the Trolling OP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom