Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom

Ralphlaw

Not to pile on, but what is expected:
1. To close down the park when the castle and moat need maintenance?
2. To let people at busy times hog tables?
3. To deny reservations at sit-down restaurants so there's always a short wait for a party of 6 to simply drop in?
4. To have bigger trams for those people with a ton of stuff to drag along?
5. To rejigger the whole Ticket/monorail/ferry system because you don't like it?
6. To find top notch child psychologists for $7 per hour to take a job standing around closed doors who can magically comfort children?

Yeah, expectations way out of line with reality.

asianway

This letter has got to be a fake. There are so many things that are wrong with this posting, but these three prove she has never been to Walt Disney World before:

1. Parking has always been the same at the Magic Kingdom. Tram - Boat or Monorail - Park
2. Unless you have a meal in the castle dining area, there is nothing to see in the castle and I have never seen Cinderella any where other than the dining area.
3. Cinderella has never came down after the show and went into the crowd, she would have been trampled by the crowd.
Cinderella used to come down for photos if there were technical difficulties or the stage was too wet to perform on. This happened from Cinderellabration to about a year ago when they modified the alternate show to be a simple curtain call.

But it was not typical.

asianway

Alright.

First and foremost. I am a former College Program member who worked at Pecos Bills. Allow me to give you some insight into the whole "doors" policy that you encountered at both Cosmic's and Pecos. During periods of high traffic, usually spring break/summer/holiday from 12-3, all of the quick service restaurants have the same doors policy. It is enforced, not to make you buy food, but to keep guests from tying up tables. It's no secret that the act of just getting food in the magic kingdom can take up to 20/30 minutes. If you have one spouse on line to get food, and one spouse saving a table that ties up the table for the initial 20/30 minutes, plus however long it will take to finish your meal. In theory that doesn't sound too awful, but take in account that there are a fixed amount of tables in each restaurant. While it might have been unmagical for you to have to wait for your husband, imagine how unmagical it would be eating on top of a garbage can because you can't find a table, but look over and see a family reserving a table with no food. It's Disney's way of trying to be fair. It also makes it so that there is always a table available when your full party arrives with their food. I had to work the doors system every day during high volume periods. I've been called every name in the book while on doors. And I still support it 100%.

As for the rest of your post, I'm sorry but it all sounds like poor planning on your part. You claim to be a travel agent, but you have done no recent research on a trip to an ever changing environment like Walt Disney World? Construction has been going on for a while now. Happens all year round. The menus for every restaurant can be found online, so you can cater your day to your picky eaters. The new fast past system has been in place for months, you should have familiarized yourself with it. Expecting dinner reservations for the same day is almost laughable.

I myself have never accompanied young children to a huge amusement park. However, one day I will. And I know that I will put extraordinary amounts of research into the trip, and form a solid plan before tackling something like Walt Disney World. Especially if I considered myself knowledgeable about travel.

One more thing. Your crying children are your problem. Cast Members can try to help, and in the past I've comforted several crying children. But at the end of the day, they're not getting paid seven dollars an hour to coddle your children. All of this could have been avoided if you did your job as a parent and researched the things your children wanted to do the most. The characters haven't met after Dream Along with Mickey in at least five years. You can't hold Disney accountable for your ignorance.

I am sorry that you had an unhappy experience at Disney World. But the blame is on no one but yourself.
The closure of 5 QSR in the MK that resulted in the nazi like policing of tables is her problem? MK should have more QS than they did in the 80s but the fear of not having a constant line at every register brought us to the misery that is MK dining.

Cesar R M

This letter has got to be a fake. There are so many things that are wrong with this posting, but these three prove she has never been to Walt Disney World before:

1. Parking has always been the same at the Magic Kingdom. Tram - Boat or Monorail - Park
2. Unless you have a meal in the castle dining area, there is nothing to see in the castle and I have never seen Cinderella any where other than the dining area.
3. Cinderella has never came down after the show and went into the crowd, she would have been trampled by the crowd.
actually, while I was at MK, I seen a group of 4 people meeting both cinderella and the prince after the dreams come true show. (not in the bottom of course, but in the castle entrance right after dreams come true show)
perhaps it was an advance reservation or I dunno, but they took there, got photos, hugged..etc.. and went their ways.

as for OP post, Its either a very uneducated and self entitled "connoisseur" type soccer mom.
or a very well done troll post.

copcarguyp71

THIS...

As for the rest of your post, I'm sorry but it all sounds like poor planning on your part. You claim to be a travel agent, but you have done no recent research on a trip to an ever changing environment like Walt Disney World? Construction has been going on for a while now. Happens all year round. The menus for every restaurant can be found online, so you can cater your day to your picky eaters. The new fast past system has been in place for months, you should have familiarized yourself with it. Expecting dinner reservations for the same day is almost laughable.

One more thing. Your crying children are your problem. Cast Members can try to help, and in the past I've comforted several crying children. But at the end of the day, they're not getting paid seven dollars an hour to coddle your children. All of this could have been avoided if you did your job as a parent and researched the things your children wanted to do the most. The characters haven't met after Dream Along with Mickey in at least five years. You can't hold Disney accountable for your ignorance.

...AND THIS

You lost me when you repeatedly referred to your children as princesses and prince.

Pretty much sum it up for me. The new system(s) are in fact cumbersome, over complicated and totally beyond my comprehension hence our unwillingness to return until at least 2017 when hopefully this has all either worked itself out or imploded. While I feel the pain at the root of SOME of these issues it truly does amaze me that...

A - THIS is the way you choose to make your grand entrance into the forum asking for sad sack sympathy for your poor princess who quite frankly was let down due to your lack of planning as a travel professional.

B - You act absolutely incredulous at the fact that everyone does not jump up and help during and extremely busy time you when it was your own choice to take a vacation with four small children. I certainly expect people to be able to go on vacation but honestly, you had to know that a Disney vacation with four young children was going to be WORK. You do it for the memories you make and not for the relaxation.

buseegal

op had same post on another site and became upset when others felt she was at fault for most of problems with her trip. about CS saving of tables, guess it was not her child that a spilled drink on when I tripped over a child while trying to find a seat. that mother was like here have the table as I now must go find dry clothes for her child. CMs got me another drink and yes it was at Pecos Bills

cynic710

No doubt travelling with a big family is much extra work, i have only 2 and i can appreciate the extra work into bringing young children. But at the same time there is so much more to planning then the actual booking. For instance, because of this site and others like it i knew the moat would be drained this week, and moreover the reason for it (quite necessary). I know that construction behind the castle is happening (again necessary), and I know the do's and do nots of Disney dining, even if it is at cosmic rays. Its a hassle, it really is, but what you put into your planning you get out of it. From what your post states it seems as though you didn't check the current state of the park with its construction updates or even guest reviews to properly plan. its an honest mistake and honestly, not anyone's fault, especially the parks.

im sorry you and your family had a bad time, but most of the issues were avoidable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom