Universals New Nighttime Show

celluloid

More people still visit Disney's Hollywood Studios than Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios is also barely a studio now either so they didn't really fail at anything.

My point was sarcasm in the sense that people presume every time there is a trend or something similar there is copying. I don't think anything is a "fail."

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Does anyone have details on Universal’s new nighttime show? Currently I think they are building a new viewing area and installing something in the water?

Rumor has it that there's a bus, a tunnel, a couple of 2D 4k screens going in, and it will be driven by an Atari 800XL.

Just kidding :angelic::hilarious::joyfull::cool:

TTA94

Original Poster
After seeing more construction pics I have to say I’m a little disappointed. I had thought they would be adding more fountains to the platform and making the platform bigger. It overall seems very small and limited to just that one end of the lake where as the previous show was spread out. But we will see what the finish product is. Maybe they aren’t going for a “big” nighttime show but rather something more smaller and intimate.

JoeCamel

After seeing more construction pics I have to say I’m a little disappointed. I had thought they would be adding more fountains to the platform and making the platform bigger. It overall seems very small and limited to just that one end of the lake where as the previous show was spread out. But we will see what the finish product is. Maybe they aren’t going for a “big” nighttime show but rather something more smaller and intimate.
Yeah - just show up in July.......

TTA94

Original Poster
Early July which means if you come late July it will be running then as well. Don't know what they will do with park hours? Maybe 10pm close?

I wonder if all the rain Orlando has been getting is a set back? I saw pics of the lake full of water due to the rain.

Rob562

I wonder if all the rain Orlando has been getting is a set back? I saw pics of the lake full of water due to the rain.

It was a rainy day when we were in the park on Monday. The water level had definitely risen an inch or two from what we'd seen the day before, and was just above the level of the platforms in the lake. Nevertheless, in-between showers there were still one or two techs in tall rainboots sloshing around on the platform doing something. Though I couldn't tell if they were just taking stock of things or if they were actually doing work.

-Rob

Stripes

We haven't figured out who is producing this show so we don't know what particular type of fountains they are using. We have heard that some can shoot 175'. Really hope they don't do that or else everyone in the new viewing area will need ponchos.

They added interesting new fountains today. These are going to throw a bunch of water.

The show is being produced by Aquatique Show International. Same people that did the fountains for Cinematic Spectacular. For a video for what to expect, see their regular water theater product video on their website.

Btw, those fountain nozzles are quite small and won't throw as much water as you would expect. The output for each section is equivalent to a regular grid fountain because the pressure is significantly less.

JoeCamel

The show is being produced by Aquatique Show International. Same people that did the fountains for Cinematic Spectacular. For a video for what to expect, see their regular water theater product video on their website.

Btw, those fountain nozzles are quite small and won't throw as much water as you would expect. The output for each section is equivalent to a regular grid fountain because the pressure is significantly less.
Good, with the viewing area where it is they could overplay the water spritz gag.

Rob562

With the small scale of the fountain platform and the viewing area (at least when looking at the overall size of the lake and how much isn't being used) I'm wondering if the show will be the Studios' version of the Hogwarts projection show.

A small show that runs multiple times a night. Bring an audience into the viewing area, run the 4-8 minute show, usher out the crowd, bring in a new crowd and repeat.

I'm also wondering if they might include projection mapping on the New York buildings behind the fountains.

-Rob

Last edited:

Thelazer

We haven't figured out who is producing this show so we don't know what particular type of fountains they are using. We have heard that some can shoot 175'. Really hope they don't do that or else everyone in the new viewing area will need ponchos.

They added interesting new fountains today. These are going to throw a bunch of water.

Those are likely "mee fog" type nozzle bars. Not going to do anything but mist / fog the lagoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom