Universals New Nighttime Show

JT3000

It amazes me that Japan has had rather ornate parades for years now and we're still stuck with Superstar. And Universal now owns the Japan park as well, so it can't be explained by differences in management.

Eckert

There's no residential areas close to Universal are there? I can see not throwing up fire works but is anyone close enough to be annoyed by the noise coming from Universal?
I live two blocks from Universal and I've heard the bass from some concerts that happen during Mardi Gras. I also used to hear the pops from the fireworks that they used to have with Cinematic Spectacular. This noise ordinance thing is very much real.

JT3000

There's no residential areas close to Universal are there? I can see not throwing up fire works but is anyone close enough to be annoyed by the noise coming from Universal?

Universal borders Dr. Phillips, a large residential area to the west, right on the other side of Turkey Lake Road, with more to the north. In fact, there's an apartment complex literally right behind Diagon Alley, Fear Factor & Men in Black.

oWGR3GY.jpg

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Picture from Bioreconstruct of the fountain hardware being installed. Just big nozzles at the moment. Have to wait and see if they use some of the fancier fountain hardware like World of Color uses.

1524934841674.png

1524934870799.png

TTA94

Original Poster
That platform definitely doesn’t look as big as WoCs. But a smaller version could be just as nice, if that is what’s going on.

JT3000

So they are ripping off World Of Color. Cool. Cool cool cool.

If Universal were more original, they would've ripped off the Bellagio and countless other fountain shows that came before World of Color instead. They just don't have the groundbreaking vision of the Mouse. To add further insult, this is the second time those darn copycats have installed Water Fountains™ in their lagoon!

:banghead:

celluloid

Anyone who claims that this is somehow a ripoff of World of Color.

Well go ahead and take a look at the fact that 30 years later the mouse has failed time and time again to make their studio theme park rip off of Universal's concept really work at all. Lame backlot tour they put out of its misery. They finally had to resort to Star Wars as a developed Land (copycats of potter's success as a realized land) and Toy Story to have merch that supports attention to that half park in distress.

Disneyhead'71

The fountain platform isn't much smaller than WoC's. And this show MAY include drones and maybe even a Zipline effect.

It will inevitably be compared to WoC, but I think it will really won't matter since most UOR fans won't ever see WoC. And will be different enough and good enough to stand on it's own.

This show has been in pre-production for well over a year. It was originally intended for Summer '19, but Irma damaged some of Cinematic Spectacular's equipment, so instead of repairing the old show they decided to pull this new show to the front burner.

From what has been said, this show should include "tributes" to past UOR attractions. So maybe some Jaws action. And the drones rumor makes me want this.

POL925-2.jpg

jrhwdw

The fountain platform isn't much smaller than WoC's. And this show MAY include drones and maybe even a Zipline effect.

It will inevitably be compared to WoC, but I think it will really won't matter since most UOR fans won't ever see WoC. And will be different enough and good enough to stand on it's own.

This show has been in pre-production for well over a year. It was originally intended for Summer '19, but Irma damaged some of Cinematic Spectacular's equipment, so instead of repairing the old show they decided to pull this new show to the front burner.

From what has been said, this show should include "tributes" to past UOR attractions. So maybe some Jaws action. And the drones rumor makes me want this.

POL925-2.jpg
Did Cinematic even show after Irma? Or was it the off season already? Are we any closer to a date?

jrhwdw

It didn’t show because the storm damaged it beyond repair.
So it was still scheduled for the summer after Irma but it was cancelled. Thanks. Just saw an article on Theme Park Insider and looks like there's about 100 jets on th platform. I assume some are pyro jets. I just hope this is a regular show, not a HHN one! Since it looks like it won't be ready until HHN! Not to mention July 4th.

Tom Morrow

Anyone who claims that this is somehow a ripoff of World of Color.

Well go ahead and take a look at the fact that 30 years later the mouse has failed time and time again to make their studio theme park rip off of Universal's concept really work at all. Lame backlot tour they put out of its misery. They finally had to resort to Star Wars as a developed Land (copycats of potter's success as a realized land) and Toy Story to have merch that supports attention to that half park in distress.
More people still visit Disney's Hollywood Studios than Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios is also barely a studio now either so they didn't really fail at anything.

TTA94

Original Poster

POL925-2.jpg

How close will this show be to WoC? Asside from the obvious fact it’s not Disney themed lol. Same type of fountains?

Disneyhead'71

How close will this show be to WoC? Asside from the obvious fact it’s not Disney themed lol. Same type of fountains?
We haven't figured out who is producing this show so we don't know what particular type of fountains they are using. We have heard that some can shoot 175'. Really hope they don't do that or else everyone in the new viewing area will need ponchos.

They added interesting new fountains today. These are going to throw a bunch of water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom