Universal Vs Disney: Universal on the rise?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disneydreamer23

Why not?
Sea World is a full day park that's enjoyable just as USF IOA or Magic Kingdom
I Do enjoy all of the shows at Sea world I just like rides and stuff as well when we were there last October 2011 I did Manta and the other coaster They had a water ride that was broken down. It was a nice change but It wasn't my favorite

IAmFloridaBorn

I Do enjoy all of the shows at Sea world I just like rides and stuff as well when we were there last October 2011 I did Manta and the other coaster They had a water ride that was broken down. It was a nice change but It wasn't my favorite

I understand. Hopefully they add more rides like Universal soon.

IAmFloridaBorn

The new penguin ride already looks amazing! (It's name escapes me...)

Antartica: Empire of The Penguin. Indeed it does. I don't want to get off topic too much in this thread but it shall be an experienced adopted by Universal in the near future!

ParentsOf4

Aw, sorry I love Universal! However, I am not a "schill" for Universal. Disney is great too, otherwise I don't think I would be on "WDWMagic.com"... It just irks me that people put off Universal quickly because it isn't the magical vacation destination that they grew up with in the 70's and 80's. If you want to keep going to Disney, that's cool! Just don't bash Universal for no reason. They are wonderful parks and it's a wonderful resort as a whole.
We just returned from six nights in Orlando, spending 3 days at UOR and 2 days at WDW. Park-for-park, ride-for-ride, UOR holds up very well next to WDW. WDW had better Christmas activities although, to be fair, UOR doesn't officially start its major Christmas activities until December 1.

UOR and WDW cleanliness, friendliness of CMs, and condition were comparable, ignoring Splash Mountain, which was simply depressing to ride.

UOR's best attractions are all less than 15 years old with more coming online soon. WDW's best attractions are several decades old. (My family's opinion of NFL was that it was a solid addition but that there's nothing there that's worth repeating. WWOHP leaves NFL in its dust.) WDW is still better because it has so much more to offer but UOR is catching up.

IAmFloridaBorn

We just returned from six nights in Orlando, spending 3 days at UOR and 2 days at WDW. Park-for-park, ride-for-ride, UOR holds up very well next to WDW. WDW had better Christmas activities although, to be fair, UOR doesn't officially start its major Christmas activities until December 1.

UOR and WDW cleanliness, friendliness of CMs, and condition were comparable, ignoring Splash Mountain, which was simply depressing to ride.

UOR's best attractions are all less than 15 years old with more coming online soon. WDW's best attractions are several decades old. (My family's opinion of NFL was that it was a solid addition but that there's nothing there that's worth repeating. WWOHP leaves NFL in its dust.) WDW is still better because it has so much more to offer but UOR is catching up.

I've always had the luxury of living in Orlando, so I've never had to chose how many days I'd rather spend at which park in a certain amount of time. I say that to say even as a local and a person who loves Disney, My days at UOR VS WDW are at least 4 to 1 for UOR. I've spend so much time at Universal rather than Disney. It just wasn't offering the same level of excitement UOR was and thats not including the new expansions for UOR.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Aw, sorry I love Universal! However, I am not a "schill" for Universal. Disney is great too, otherwise I don't think I would be on "WDWMagic.com"... It just irks me that people put off Universal quickly because it isn't the magical vacation destination that they grew up with in the 70's and 80's. If you want to keep going to Disney, that's cool! Just don't bash Universal for no reason. They are wonderful parks and it's a wonderful resort as a whole.

Maybe think before you claim that BGT420 and I are hypocrites.

Universal is not the magical vacation destination that I grew up with. Neither is DHS. MK is still the heart of WDW and still in my opinion more "magical". Nothing Universal builds will change that. Only Disney can destroy that magic if they fail to keep up the parks. That doesn't make me a Universal basher, it's just my opinion. Any time someone starts this thread again there is always going to be some bashing on both sides. It's inevitable.

ParentsOf4

Here we go. Someone compared Universal to Six Flags. Next will come the Universal is just a coaster park comment.
Oh, the old Six Flags comparison. If anyone wants to compare something to Six Flags, I suggest riding Splash Mountain.

I had my first "Six Flags experience" at WDW this trip (November 20). There was so much obviously wrong with Splash Mountain that I really thought of Six Flags during the ride. Without me mentioning a word to my teenagers, my family exited the attraction and their first question was, "Dad, what happened to Splash Mountain?" Please, please WDW fix Splash Mountain!

BryceM

Lol it is somehow wrong to compare Universal to Six Flags but okay to compare Disney to them? Man these people crack me up and make me lose hope in humanity at the same time.
BECAUSE UNIVERSAL DOESN'T LET THEIR ATTRACTIONS FALL APART.

And ParentsOf4 was comparing a single ride at Walt Disney World to Six Flags due to it falling apart. Obviously both Universal and Disney are in a completely different league than Six Flags.

ParentsOf4

Universal is light years ahead of Six Flags when it comes to themeing but the TMs are usually on par with those at Six Flags.
IMHO, there is no appreciable difference between most CMs at the 3 parks. The biggest difference is that UOR and WDW have more costumed characters who generally interact better with guests.

IMHO, there is no appreciable difference between most CMs at the 3 parks. The biggest difference is that UOR and WDW have more costumed characters who generally interact better with guests.

Ehh even with the complaints i have for TMs at Universal they are still generally better performers than Six Flags employees. They may be messy and not proffesional looking but they still generally do a better job.

BryceM

Have you ever been to Toon Lagoon? Yeah sorry but they do and when they dont they just repaint them and call them a new ride to dupe gullible people...like Despicable Me aka Jimmy Neutron aka Hannah Barbarra...
Toon Lagoon was recently re-painted and it looks great!

And yes, the only difference between the two rides is paint. Wow. Obviously no other work went into it, just some paint! :)

Toon Lagoon was recently re-painted and it looks great!

And yes, the only difference between the two rides is paint. Wow. Obviously no other work went into it, just some paint! :)

I sure hope so...the last time i was there in July the rides looked like garbage and kept breaking down.

What is the difference between say Dueling Dragons and Dragon Challenge? Or Flight of the Hyppogriff and the kiddie coaster before it? All the attention to detail for the rest of that land all they did was give new paint jobs to those rides

BryceM

I sure hope so...the last time i was there in July the rides looked like garbage and kept breaking down.

What is the difference between say Dueling Dragons and Dragon Challenge? Or Flight of the Hyppogriff and the kiddie coaster before it? All the attention to detail for the rest of that land all they did was give new paint jobs to those rides
Those rides were already there, were you expecting them to completely demolish Dueling Dragons and The Flying Unicorn?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Lol it is somehow wrong to compare Universal to Six Flags but okay to compare Disney to them? Man these people crack me up and make me lose hope in humanity at the same time.

It's not wrong, just crazy, but everyone is entitled to an opinion. The theming, ride quality, innovative rides, food, merchandise, pretty much everything at Universal is light years better at Universal over six flags. Saying Universal is on par with Six Flags is the equivalent of comparing a steak house to McDonalds. IMO its an insult. I live about 45 mins from Great Adventure in NJ so that is my comparison. If Great Adventure was on par with Universal I would be thrilled. I would have an annual pass and go all the time. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

Those rides were already there, were you expecting them to completely demolish Dueling Dragons and The Flying Unicorn?

Flying Unicorn should of been replaced. I just think it is kinda shady to almost act like these are new rides when they are just paint jobs. Disney did the same with Star Tours 2.0 that Universal did with Simpsons so both have done it.

It's not wrong, just crazy, but everyone is entitled to an opinion. The theming, ride quality, innovative rides, food, merchandise, pretty much everything at Universal is light years better at Universal over six flags. Saying Universal is on par with Six Flags is the equivalent of comparing a steak house to McDonalds. IMO its an insult. I live about 45 mins from Great Adventure in NJ so that is my comparison. If Great Adventure was on par with Universal I would be thrilled. I would have an annual pass and go all the time. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

The only thing i said was that the TMs from Universal i have dealt with were close to being like the workers at Six Flags, still better but close to them

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The only thing i said was that the TMs from Universal i have dealt with were close to being like the workers at Six Flags, still better but close to them

I have never had issues with employees at Universal. Disney cast members are probably a little more seasoned and maybe more dedicated. This is very much a generalization since there are probably very good and very poor workers on both sides. I don't know anyone who dreamed of working at Universal and made that dream come true, but I do know of people who dreamed of working at WDW and then did it. For the Six Flags near me it's a seasonal park so the help is mostly part time kids. I don't really expect much from high school or college kids working part time so I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom