Universal to get $500 million

WDWDad13

Some of you really should get off of the "Disney" forum and find one for universal and get out of the house more and just enjoy life and what all the Orlando theme parks have to offer

Big things are coming to WDW...just not overnight

....and last I checked, they have no reason to worry about the final nail in the coffin from UNI lol

ParentsOf4

Some of you really should get off of the "Disney" forum and find one for universal and get out of the house more and just enjoy life and what all the Orlando theme parks have to offer

....and last I checked, they have no reason to worry about the final nail in the coffin from UNI lol
Please realize that most people who bash WDW simply want it to become better than what it's become. They use Universal as an example of "how to do it right."

WDW really has gone in the wrong direction over the last few years but until the opening of WWOHP, Universal was an even bigger mess. After the opening of WWOHP, Universal seems to be finally getting its act together on so many fronts.

Most WDW bashers simply want WDW to follow.

The saddest part is that as recently as 5 years ago the idea of WDW following Universal would have been a joke.

Was at Universal over the weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed our visit to both parks. We did not do Disney. We are now planning our next trip to Universal for the opening of Diagon Alley and the rest of Harry Potter 2.0. At this point I see nothing drawing me back to WDW.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
People who keep saying "Oh, Disney is dead now".

You seem to forget that
- Star Wars Land
- Pixar Place expansion
- Soarin' Over The World
- an EO Replacement
- Seven Dwarves Mine Train
- Disney Springs

Is on it's way to the resort.
People who say that are indeed silly.

But don't expect everything on that list to happen anytime soon.

Nor D tickets to have much of an impact.

And is Maelstrom missing a troll?

WDWDad13

Please realize that most people who bash WDW simply want it to become better than what it's become. They use Universal as an example of "how to do it right."

WDW really has gone in the wrong direction over the last few years but until the opening of WWOHP, Universal was an even bigger mess. After the opening of WWOHP, Universal seems to be finally getting its act together on so many fronts.

Most WDW bashers simply want WDW to follow.

The saddest part is that as recently as 5 years ago the idea of WDW following Universal would have been a joke.

I agree with you some for the most part... but I for one don't want to Disney to become Universal... different strokes for different folks... Disney needs to get back to what they do best... telling stories, etc. while I think the purchase of Lucas, Marvel, Pixar etc. were all good moves... they need to use their creative imaginations once again to create attractions themselves... rather than things trying to go off of things they didn't create or own like Avatar

I agree with you some for the most part... but I for one don't want to Disney to become Universal... different strokes for different folks... Disney needs to get back to what they do best... telling stories, etc. while I think the purchase of Lucas, Marvel, Pixar etc. were all good moves... they need to use their creative imaginations once again to create attractions themselves... rather than things trying to go off of things they didn't create or own like Avatar
They have tried that with no success (John carter / Lone Ranger). I just think Disney needs a new vision and it is obvious it isn't Iger's.

montyz81

seems like Comcast is willing to spend money on the parks. I wonder if it would have been the same had they been successful in buying Disney.

WDWDad13

seems like Comcast is willing to spend money on the parks. I wonder if it would have been the same had they been successful in buying Disney.

What else does Comcast own other than UNI and the cable division? Honest question and I'm curious

SJN1279

In 2014, we are getting a new coaster and new parade. Two very nice additions to WDW.

I expect new additions to the park in 2015 and 2016. In 2012, we got new Test Track, Agent P's world showcase, and new Pirates show without much advance hype. Once they made the improvement on time management, the Pirates show was actually a fun addition(and a big improvement over Narnia). Not to mention a refurbishment to make our Fantasyland, better themed and beautful with a top notch restaurant and solid new attractions.

cowanfamily

I have Comcast cable. I hope they do a better job with their parks then they do their cable service. $500 million will be great. Just don't expect to see it overnight. People act like next year you'll see $500 mil in additions at Uni. You'll see it in 3 to 4 years. If your lucky. As I have learned, just because Comcast says something, it's not always true.

AndyMagic

What else does Comcast own other than UNI and the cable division? Honest question and I'm curious

Comcast consists of the cable division which includes their broadband services, Universal Pictures and its subsidiaries (Focus Features, Working Title, Illumination Entertainment), the Parks and Resorts division, NBC broadcast network, several cable channels (USA, MSNBC, CNBC, E!, SyFy, Style, G4, etc), and internet services (Hulu, Fandango, iVillage)

Last edited:

devoy1701

As Al Lutz' says: A rumor is just a rumor until construction begins

devoy1701

In 2014, we are getting a new coaster and new parade. Two very nice additions to WDW.

I expect new additions to the park in 2015 and 2016. In 2012, we got new Test Track, Agent P's world showcase, and new Pirates show without much advance hype. Once they made the improvement on time management, the Pirates show was actually a fun addition(and a big improvement over Narnia). Not to mention a refurbishment to make our Fantasyland, better themed and beautful with a top notch restaurant and solid new attractions.

New Test Track is terrible...and just an overlay of the original. Agent P is also just an overlay of an existing attraction. I don't if I would call the new coaster and parade "very nice additions" as much as I would call them "welcome and needed additions." The whole Fantasyland looks nice...but foliage doesn't sell tickets.

rioriz

This whole forum is simply about universal. If I cared, I'd go to a universal forum. Just saying.

I agree that the two are linked too much these days. I don't mind a little but there is no thread in this section that has not turned into a debate over the two resorts. As Mom said in another thread, there are no amount facts, stats, or pictures that will change peoples opinions at this time.

If there are no real WDW news or rumors then let this forum stay stagnant and lets move the Uni chatter to the Uni forum!

I personally go to OU for my Universal news and used to come here for my WDW fix

danlb_2000

Premium Member

There are a lot of Disney forums out there and it's easy to find ones where a lot of the people accept what Disney is doing unconditionally and will never say anything negative. If that's what you are looking for in a forum then this is the wrong place for you. Personally I like this forum because most people are willing to Disney Parks honestly, both the good and the bad parts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom