Universal Studios: ‘Bourne Stuntacular’ to open in spring of 2020

OG Runner

Does it? Nothing in that video was particularly impressive to me. Fake fight with guy with fake tattoos (tattoos=bad guy) that hopefully don’t smudge? The clips from the films look good...because the films were mostly good.

It does look pretty good, and the "screen people" look a lot better than the way they used that affect on Fast & Furious.
The screens actually give a good amount of depth, making the stunts look even more dangerous. I was wondering what
was taking so long to get this up and running and now I know. It will be worth seeing next time down.

Rob562

Does it? Nothing in that video was particularly impressive to me. Fake fight with guy with fake tattoos (tattoos=bad guy) that hopefully don’t smudge? The clips from the films look good...because the films were mostly good.

I was more intrigued by the brief moments seen from the show that weren't the fight scene, and how they'll look when woven into the show and how they use the screen backdrop to give it a cinematic feel. The motorcycle, the rooftop, and especially that rotating tower.

-Rob

lebeau

Original Poster
A podcast I listen to had a couple reviews sent in from people who saw it. The reviews of the show itself were good to very good. The preshow/queue was pretty roundly criticized as bad, and they said the show didn't have an in-story reason for the audience to be there like T2:3D did.

-Rob

I don't really need a reason to see a show. I never believed I was being turned into a minion or being imprisoned in Lord Farquad's dungeon or what-have-you. I sure didn't need a bunch of preshows to get on a party bus!

OG Runner

I don't really need a reason to see a show. I never believed I was being turned into a minion or being imprisoned in Lord Farquad's dungeon or what-have-you. I sure didn't need a bunch of preshows to get on a party bus!

I totally agree. The actual ride or show is the point. One of my favorite preshows is Aerosmith for Rockin' Rollercoaster. (especially when you
found out Steven Tyler was making nasty hand signals during it) But it really didn't have an effect on how good the coaster is. With Fast &
Furious, I believe, it actually ticked people off when they went through one pre-show only to go into another pre-show before going into
another queue before getting on the ride.

lebeau

Original Poster
I totally agree. The actual ride or show is the point. One of my favorite preshows is Aerosmith for Rockin' Rollercoaster. (especially when you
found out Steven Tyler was making nasty hand signals during it) But it really didn't have an effect on how good the coaster is. With Fast &
Furious, I believe, it actually ticked people off when they went through one pre-show only to go into another pre-show before going into
another queue before getting on the ride.

And then you get on the ride and you wish you were back in the pre-shows!

Tom Morrow

A podcast I listen to had a couple reviews sent in from people who saw it. The reviews of the show itself were good to very good. The preshow/queue was pretty roundly criticized as bad, and they said the show didn't have an in-story reason for the audience to be there like T2:3D did.

-Rob
I actually always thought this was kind of awkward in TD:3D. Once the actors go "into the screen" we're just watching a film yet still in the presentation auditorium.

Rob562

I actually always thought this was kind of awkward in TD:3D. Once the actors go "into the screen" we're just watching a film yet still in the presentation auditorium.

Oh, I agree. The film throws it out the window in that middle part. Even the finale was as if you were there rather than watching a film, but there was no reason for the audience to be there.

In terms of cohesive storyline involving the audience in a 3D theater, HISTA set the bar and I'm not sure anything has quite matched it. Perhaps ITTBAB. Everything else might have a story as to why you start out in the theater, but at some point it goes away.

-Rob

Jon81uk

-Rob

That was one of my favourite things about T2:3D, the pre-show set up that you were at Cyberdyne so well and the presenter sold the show just superbly.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom