Universal Steps up, What do you guys think?

the-reason14

Original Poster
I just saw Universals new commercial, and they mentioned something about getting a ticket to both of their theme parks for less than a day park hopper at disney. Now we all now that Uni and Disney have been competing for awhile now, and that Uni has made some desperate attempts in their marketings to boosts their name and bring down Disney's. But do you think that they are now stepping up, or are they just getting a little desperate in that they have to lower their prices and actually mention the competitions name just to spark some more interest?

Epcot82Guy

Agreed. The premise just doesn't really seem that compelling when you think about it. You would be getting (although not reallya ble to experience) access to four parks as compared with two. I kind of wish this comparison would stop, but it won't.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Captain Chaos

Agreed. In the off season, I can do basically everything I want to do at both parks in one day.
I can do all the rides I want in one day, both parks DURING the busy season. Let's face it, you should be able to pay less when you get less. And with Universal, you get A LOT less.....

goofyfan13

You all missed my point. The OP said "they mentioned something about getting a ticket to both of their theme parks for less than a day park hopper at disney".

I was talking about a one day park hopper at DISNEY.

Yea, but a one day park hopper for Florida residents is the same price as a one day one park ticket base ticket. So it's not as insane as it is for a non-Florida resident to get one.

jmvd20

You all missed my point. The OP said "they mentioned something about getting a ticket to both of their theme parks for less than a day park hopper at disney".

I was talking about a one day park hopper at DISNEY.

I know exactly what you mean. A few years ago i was in Orlando for work and ended up with a day and a half to spend at WDW. If I remeber correctly the park hopper option almost doubled the price of a one day ticket - I laughed at that and just got the regular ticket.

jmvd20

Nothing wrong with that either.

Unless you don't feel like dropping $67.00 for a one day ticket and then adding $45.00 for a park hopper. It just about doubles the price of the ticket, to me it is just not anywhere near being worth the money for a single day. But, to each his own, and I am sure many people feel that it is worth the extra cost.

sbkline

I just saw Universals new commercial, and they mentioned something about getting a ticket to both of their theme parks for less than a day park hopper at disney. Now we all now that Uni and Disney have been competing for awhile now, and that Uni has made some desperate attempts in their marketings to boosts their name and bring down Disney's. But do you think that they are now stepping up, or are they just getting a little desperate in that they have to lower their prices and actually mention the competitions name just to spark some more interest?

There is not a thing "desperate" about lowering prices to spark interest and bring in more customers. Companies do this all the time. Whether it be McDonalds offering "extra value meals" where you get a sandwich, fries and drink for less than you would pay for the three seperately, or WDW offerering the dining plan, or better yet, the FREE dining plan, or Walmart doing "Rollbacks" to entice people to by their products, lowering prices has always been and will always be a way to entice customers to patronize your business.

And, IMO, it's awfully ironic, not to mention, totally pathetic, to see so many Disney fanboys accusing Universal of being desperate by employing this marketing tactic, yet they will sing praises to Disney for doing exactly the same thing to bring more customers into THEIR parks. :rolleyes:

Hmph. Fanboys... :brick: :lookaroun

sbkline

:lookaroun

:lol:

A little bit condescending today?

Possibly. I just grow quite weary of seeing people be so blindly loyal to Disney that they have to bash the competition at every turn no matter what they do. Especially when Disney can do the same thing and they will think it's the most wonderful thing, but God forbid that Universal do it without being "desperate".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom