Universal Steps up, What do you guys think?

Timmay

So, the bitter rivalry has once again slithered out of the hole.

Many people like both Universal and Disney. :eek: Shocking, I know.:rolleyes:

Our anuual trek to Disney always includes two days at Universal. The three of us would have it no other way. Yes, Disney is our favorite, but we also enjoy "the other place". We like it and have fun there.

Really, what difference does it make to some that don't like Universal if Universal were desperate. You don't like it, so why do you care. Why do you care if their adds take a shot at Disney!? See, Disney is number 1, and that is all that should matter. If you hate Universal, don't give it a second thought.

The number 2 guy will always take shots at number 2...be proud that Universal mentions Disney in their adds. Stop being so sensitive. :wave:

slappy magoo

The number 2 guy will always take shots at number 2...

Isn't that called self-loathing? :lol:

I'm sure there are some people in the world who don't buy into the Disney "magic," and are much more into the sort of hard-core thrill rides UO/IOA tries to provide. The "we're better than Disney" ads cater to that group. But they have other ad campaigns that compare to other groups, just like any other large company has different ad campaigns that will cater to various demographics.

It just so happens that THIS campaign pokes through some seriously thin skin.

Really, if anyone likes UO or chooses to go there based on their ads, it only means one less person waiting on line ahead of me in WDW. I'm incredibly OK with that. I think WDW is better, but I'm not blindly partisan. I've gone to UO/IOA a few times, and I will again, and their boasting about being better than WDW I take with the same grain of salt I take with any boastful ad campaign. I see ads for local restaurants taking swipes at all the national TGI McScratchety pod restaurant chains that have wormed their way into America. I've seen mom-and-pop stores produly hailing the personal touch you won't get at Wal-Mart to hide the fact that their prices are higher. Really, the only people who should be offended by UO's boasting is WDW, and they seem to handling it reasonably well. Anyone else getting twisted about must only be worried that, maybe, deep down, UO *IS* better than WDW, and boasts must therefore be silenced, much like Ned Flanders destroying the evidence the recently "ensmartened" Homer created that disproved the existence of God.

DisneyYorkian74

Universal's paid attendance has been way, way, way, WAY up since they started this new marketing campaign. Its at record breaking levels even. For the same period, Disney has kind of just sputtered along, not really gaining anything and even losing a little.

People are buying these tickets and coming back for a third or fourth day. No one bought a one week pass to Universal to begin with. They just came two days and left. The extra day that guests stay is off a ticket that no guest would have purchased anyway, and since they are in the park, they are spending money on food and merchandise.

This was a big gamble on Universal's part, but unlike most of their big bets, this one is paying off.

That's a lie.

Companies only report their quarterly earnings every 3 months each year.

This promotion just started so there's NO WAY Universal would report how well they're doing when it comes to the theme parks.

It's really like pulling teeth sometimes trying to find out when it comes to how well the theme parks are doing and how much money they're making because they NEVER give EXACT NUMBERS.

Now because the new earnings report won't come out until after March, we really don't know how well either company is doing so far this year.

BUT last time I checked, Walt Disney World was actually UP and Universal was actually DOWN.

(The only DOWNturn in attendance for Disney was at DisneyLAND)

monorailguy01

To be honest with you I think It is bull that Universal is putting disney down like that but they are totally right. I am going to disney and universal in 10 days and I got a weeks pass for both universal parks for 85 dollers. So all in all it is a good deal and they are right but I think they dont need to put disney on the spot like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom