Universal Steps up, What do you guys think?

scotth1224

I can do all the rides I want in one day, both parks DURING the busy season. Let's face it, you should be able to pay less when you get less. And with Universal, you get A LOT less.....

I don't know if saying ...A LOT less is fair......I love US and IoA.....Everyone wants new rides all the time, and I understand that, but overall IMO Universal are excellent Parks!

Glad you started this topic, because I bought an annual pass to UO and IOA today. Since I'm a CM at WDW, I felt like a Jew in Nazi Germany. Great thrill rides, but still lacking something, they will never compare to WDW.

paul436

but overall IMO Universal are excellent Parks!

I enjoyed both of the parks as well. I thought the theming was done very well in most areas. Disney has more theming on the rides themselves I felt. But WDW has a different "feel". I get absolutely lost in the magic at WDW. IoA and US were great theme parks but not comparable to WDW. But still worth visiting.

davinakb

I just came back from Universal and had a great time. The low cost of the ticket was one of the reasons that I decided to go there.
Just went for my first time too, and used that 7-day ticket deal. (May not have gone otherwise.) We did pretty much everything in both parks in two days (leaving mid-afternoon). Later in the week, the weather warmed up and I was able to go back and do some of the water rides I had missed.

That made that 2-park hopper ticket affordable per day for a shorter stay, which as has been mentioned is not really an affordable MYW option. But I have to agree with sbkline et al. that WDW has so much more to offer than US/IoA. I wouldn't say the ads are "desperate" but certainly not a reasonable comparison.

I enjoyed US/IoA, but have no plans to rush back. Already working on my next WDW trip. And the next one...

hrcollectibles

The only "value" at universal is their annual pass.. Being a Florida Resident it only cost me 99 dollars.... Whichg wasn't bad.. But considering I can do everything I want to do in both parks in less than a day.. Disney has far more bang for your buck... Last trip To disney feb 4th last trip to universal in october.... I musty say I enjoy the Disney experience a lot better

the-reason14

Original Poster
And, IMO, it's awfully ironic, not to mention, totally pathetic, to see so many Disney fanboys accusing Universal of being desperate by employing this marketing tactic, yet they will sing praises to Disney for doing exactly the same thing to bring more customers into THEIR parks. :rolleyes:

Hmph. Fanboys... :brick: :lookaroun

Please,:rolleyes: Universal has been pretty "desperate" for a long while now. To me, this is just another jump into desperation. :rolleyes:

Disney fanboy, me? Yea, so whats it to you.:rolleyes: :cool:

pheneix

Universal's paid attendance has been way, way, way, WAY up since they started this new marketing campaign. Its at record breaking levels even. For the same period, Disney has kind of just sputtered along, not really gaining anything and even losing a little.

People are buying these tickets and coming back for a third or fourth day. No one bought a one week pass to Universal to begin with. They just came two days and left. The extra day that guests stay is off a ticket that no guest would have purchased anyway, and since they are in the park, they are spending money on food and merchandise.

This was a big gamble on Universal's part, but unlike most of their big bets, this one is paying off.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Looking at Disney's crowd levels and wait times and the latest numbers released for the last quarter.. I don't beleive you.

DisneyLAND in California was down.. but WDW has been up and has been staying up, WDW is up for this year compared to last. Wait times and crowds reflect it.

sknydave

I refuse to believe WDW attendance has not increased. It was insane many times last year and a few times already in '07.

disney_nutter

welcome back to the desperate universal thread. A company is marketing its products and there is nothing wrong in mentioning the competition Pepsi do as well as many more many tesco stores throughout the uk will have a board with asda, sainsburys and there prices on this board they mention the competition and it wins customers over. what gets people on this site is when u defend the competition IE universal people treat it as a major offence, fan boys grow up

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Universal passholder.:wave:

I like Uni pretty well. Good for a change of pace....

Also, one of the main reasons it was attractive was the Flex Pay option. The cost of the pass is spread out over the year, just billed monthly to my credit card. Handy. Disney really needs that.
Yes they do. I also wish that they would adopt their AP hotel discount policy as well.

Dwarful

I checked out the Uni. website after seeing this offer on tv. The offer was for $89.99 I believe per person. We haven't been to Uni. since 2002. We have had AP's at WDW twice since 2004/2005. Have the AP's this year and are getting 3 trips out of them. If we could still buy a five day park hopper pass for WDW then we probably would hit Uni for two days if the price was right. We wouldn't need more than 3 days at Uni. and wouldn't give them more than 3 days of our vacation time. Our girls are young and WDW has more appeal for us. But I am not anti-Uni. I just wouldn't fork out $360 for our family to go 3 days to Uni. But if you have more time in the Orlando area its a good deal.

duck_daddy

welcome back to the desperate universal thread. A company is marketing its products and there is nothing wrong in mentioning the competition Pepsi do as well as many more many tesco stores throughout the uk will have a board with asda, sainsburys and there prices on this board they mention the competition and it wins customers over. what gets people on this site is when u defend the competition IE universal people treat it as a major offence, fan boys grow up
Punctuation is your friend! Use your friend!:ROFLOL:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The fact that the Hard Rock hotel is as good as anything at WDW and that with a Lowes card you get good rates and free upgrades it is an incentive to stay. Dial in the Express pass factor for resort guests and its a no brainer. My only regret is that we didnt stay there for 5 days last year given we were going to Sea world and Discovery cove.

scottnj1966

I just saw Universals new commercial, and they mentioned something about getting a ticket to both of their theme parks for less than a day park hopper at disney. Now we all now that Uni and Disney have been competing for awhile now, and that Uni has made some desperate attempts in their marketings to boosts their name and bring down Disney's. But do you think that they are now stepping up, or are they just getting a little desperate in that they have to lower their prices and actually mention the competitions name just to spark some more interest?

Disney does not compete with Universal. Universal is here because of Disney.
They always try to get people to spend a day or two at Universal instead of Disney the whole stay.
I have annual passes for both places. Yes Universal is fun, but as lone as their employees always act like hey are just employees the park will always be just a park.
One thing that frustrates me on Univeral's commercials is how they change what the ride experience really is. Look at the last comercial and jurassic park. Gives you the impression that you have a huge drop that is outside, like a waterfall.
Oh well, plenty of room for Disney and all the other parks and attractions. Its what makes Orlando a fun place to go.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
act like hey are just employees the park will always be just a park.
One thing that frustrates me on Univeral's commercials is how they change what the ride experience really is. .

Something Dear Disney would never do........ if you ignore ToT, Space Mountain, PotC. Artistic Licence.

Where would Disney be if Universal hadnt opened Universal city in 1915 or Lumiere hadnt developed the camera?

Legacy

One thing that frustrates me on Univeral's commercials is how they change what the ride experience really is. Look at the last comercial and jurassic park. Gives you the impression that you have a huge drop that is outside, like a waterfall.
I thought you stood on Tower of Terror and that their were doves during the finale of Beauty and the Beast, Live.

(I know about the hawks... but Disney still changed what they had on the commercials...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom