Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

Getachew

Well, what do ya know! I missed the WDW re-opening but a couple weeks, but guessed right the DL opening!

I originally said DL at least by August and probably even in July.....so I'll claim consolation prize! ;)

I originally predicted DL before WDW by like a week. Guess I got them flip flopped lol.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
This makes sense. DL relies on locals so there is no need to open hotels at first like there is at WDW. I’m surprised they’re opening two.

rowrbazzle

There are plenty of hotel rooms at AKL that they can move people to. The DVC rooms don’t need to be touched. My git feeling was that they may offer AKL to some of the CSR tower guests displaced by the NBA. It’s in the same general area and would be an upgrade in designation but the tower rooms are really an upgraded moderate so not as big of an upgrade. My guess is they considered keeping half the resort closed (Hotel side) and then they would move the DVC people booked at Jambo to the other side. Most people wouldn’t complain, it’s the same overall resort. Where the problem comes is if there’s too much demand for AK from DVC owners. Moving people to a different DVC resort would be more problematic. DVC makes everything so much more challenging logistically in this situation.

No, I wasn't talking about touching the DVC rooms. I was saying they had no basis for keeping the Jambo rooms closed when the other DVC resorts were open. As Nickys said, owners were complaining - not just about Jambo vs Kidani preference, but DVC seemingly deciding they just didn't want to open Jambo.

You're right that DVC makes it more challenging for them right now. But it's a situation they created. They've used DVC to increase occupancy rates at Deluxe resorts and made stacks of cash. They don't just get to ignore it when it becomes inconvenient.

pdude81

Wasn't at the time the governor saying that none of the large entertainment venues like theaters and sporting events would be happening before the new year? It just seems like an odd things to jab at the OP on since a lot of things haven changed since then.

ToTBellHop

Wasn't at the time the governor saying that none of the large entertainment venues like theaters and sporting events would be happening before the new year? It just seems like an odd things to jab at the OP on since a lot of things haven changed since then.
Perhaps it’s that he gets a lot (but not everything) wrong, writes with a tone as though he knows all, propagates conspiracy theories, and gets angry and threatens to leave whenever someone points out his inaccuracies. At least Martin is humble and admits is information is faulty the 0.03% of the time when he’s been incorrect.

pdude81

Perhaps it’s that he gets a lot (but not everything) wrong, writes with a tone as though he knows all, propagates conspiracy theories, and gets angry and threatens to leave whenever someone points out his inaccuracies. At least Martin is humble and admits is information is faulty the 0.03% of the time when he’s been incorrect.
Sure, I get why people have a problem with him. I'm just thinking that particular one may be kind of a cheap shot as people were freaking out pretty hard at that point. Then again at the time it was such as safe prediction it didn't need to be made in the first place.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
The problem with having inside information from Disney is that the one true plan changes constantly.

If you know something, it's probably worth making sure you're always downplaying the likelihood of actual implementation of what you hear. And then when it changes don't double down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom