Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

Mainahman

Times like this the overbuilt overflow queues may be needed. They’re all prepped and ready.
Thats a good point, I remember walking through the Living Seas with Nemo ( sigh i miss hydrolaters) last september wondering why the standby queue was that giant still... this may be disneys time to shine!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thats a good point, I remember walking through the Living Seas with Nemo ( sigh i miss hydrolaters) last september wondering why the standby queue was that giant still...
The honest reason? They had nothing to put in it nor a budget to do it if they had. The interior switchback room is still the legacy Living Seas queue with different decor, sized to accommodate the wait before being admitted into the original rotunda room pre pre show.

rreading

Also, if this is the true layout of the ride, then this is gonna be truly amazing. Back to back great roller coasters from Universal. I really hope Cosmic Rewind will be amazing too,

And those palm trees really make it feel like Jurassic Park! Wow, that's theming!

Looks like a great coaster. Six flags has those too

Mainahman

The honest reason? They had nothing to put in it nor a budget to do it if they had. The interior switchback room is still the legacy Living Seas queue with different decor, sized to accommodate the wait before being admitted into the original rotunda room pre pre show.
I figured. One would hope there was something else behind it. We had always been able to just grab a quick fastpass for it, but we didnt bother, and the wait was like 5 minutes that day, i guess i never realized it was that long. When i was a kid, i was just excited to be there, and then awed by the hydrolaters..

Gearbm95

Watching some live videos from the AP preview day today. The park looks really dead, but it seems that all their new protocols are being well received. The "rest" area overlooking the lake, which is a mask-free area seems very nice, they look to be cleaning it every 5 mins.

The Spongebob character mini-parade was cute! Looks like all shows and rides are open today, everything is ready to go with a virtual queue system, but hasn't been needed so far since lines are all under 5 mins.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Well! This looks Intresting frrom Twitter!:

Any resoan why MNK can't do something like this when they reopen?!?!?!? I Think we can expect more than this but that's just me. I'm all for Health and safety, but this has been some week!

People would expect a full parade and it would block main pathways that will push people to the sides breaking social distancing. Oh and the real reason $$$

natatomic

Forgive me if someone else mentioned this. I don’t know how true it is, although a couple of people in the thread confirmed it. Also, someone said they will only allow so many exceptions per day, and they’ll track you. Again, this is just from a FB group, so take it with a grain of salt.

Attachments

• CEEC1F1A-4F5F-44EA-ABBF-91C720DDA7D3.jpeg
    CEEC1F1A-4F5F-44EA-ABBF-91C720DDA7D3.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 239

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom