Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Forgive me if this has been posted already.

Do you think that Universal opening a month early will get people to shift brand loyalty to Universal from Disney? For instance, a family that goes to Orlando for a week and usually does 4 days at Disney and 2 at Universal will shift to 4 days at Universal and 4 at Disney?

I know several friends down here in Florida that just booked Universal Trips that never go to Universal.
I think the exact opposite is more likely to happen. A regular WDW visitor who goes infrequently or never to Universal but tries it on a June trip because WDW is closed may be turned off by the overall experience with masks and social distancing. The experience will not be the same as a regular Universal trip and they will be comparing it to previous WDW trips without the restrictions. It’s going to be hard to compete with the pre-Covid experience. For regular visitors they will know the difference but new visitors may be permanently jaded by a bad experience.

TrojanUSC

And what benefit have you provided to this board other than consistently trying to disprove things? The world's needs more skeptics, that's for sure. It's ok to be wrong about someone and no one will blame you when you want to join the "darkside" ;)

What? I have no interest in trying to disprove things. I have an interest in citing facts and data, rather than unsubstantiated conjecture which turns out to be incorrect. Worthwhile to look back to see if which predictions came true vs. which did not, so as to judge the credibility or likelihood of future rumors.

havoc315

With Universal promising park entrance for anyone staying on property, does that put pressure on Disney to do the same thing? I would think that anyone that has bought tickets for the park previously should be able to get in. Will Disney honor every ticket sold the same way?

They will likely prioritize on-site guests and there should be enough capacity for all on-site guests... though not necessarily a guarantee they will get into the park they want, on the day they want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom