Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Here's the problem with some of the toxic members of the forum. I literally concede the point because I had forgotten and was wrong, and you still won't stop. I'm honestly ready to stop posting here with any information. It's becoming more and more apparent that some of you have zero interest in any information, and only want to talk trash.
Because you’ve been constantly wrong. Everything from construction stoppages to projects being abandoned to Frozen 2 not meeting internal projections has been wrong, yet you keep coming back with a revisionist history of your claims and still demand attention.

Your act wears thin.

DVCakaCarlF

I have zero doubt Disney is scrambling. But based on everything I’ve seen so far I think we’re in for another waiting game. I think they’ll wait two weeks after Universal opens to see if there’s a media storm trying to connect coronavirus cases to universal vacations. Then we Will get another sliver of information.
If they can’t trace this down to patient zero, what makes you think they can trace a now “community” spread virus to a specific theme park in FL?

KeithVH

Trying to get away from which poster has the bigger package and back on topic . . .

How solid is the Anaheim estimate? 4th quarter? Really??

I wouldn't know any better regardless of how many people on this thread said one thing or another. But just trying to make some knowledge-based decisions on a booked sea-land trip in September (or count on an FCC to push our trip till next Jan).

TrainsOfDisney

Because you’ve been constantly wrong. Everything from construction stoppages to projects being abandoned to Frozen 2 not meeting internal projections has been wrong, yet you keep coming back with a revisionist history of your claims and still demand attention.

Your act wears thin.

No what wears thin is the attacks this poster gets every time he posts. Feel free to say you heard something different, but just let it be. Or start a new “questioning the insiders” thread. Honestly I don’t think any of the insiders on this board know as much as they act. The Disney company is huge.

monothingie

Premium Member
No what wears thin is the attacks this poster gets every time he posts. Feel free to say you heard something different, but just let it be. Or start a new “questioning the insiders” thread. Honestly I don’t think any of the insiders on this board know as much as they act. The Disney company is huge.

I don’t seem to recall a single time, a single thread was created by @marni1971, @MansionButler84, @Magic Feather, @peter11435 to inundate the forum with “insider information” and self promotion. The only one similar to do that was Baby Brayden and his other wdwnerd account. The visceral reaction is because how the information is presented, its inconsistencies, and it’s shameless self promotion of the OP.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Whereas Universal has now dropped the hammer by having their plan accepted and approved by Governor DeSantis, Disney has yet to submit their plan to the governor. That will likely now have to change as Disney simply won't allow Universal to corner the theme park market in Orlando for an entire summer. Simultaneously, Disney had previously taken a very cautious approach to reopening at a later date, utilizing an intra-company protocol known as Secure Circuit. This protocol would see Magic Kingdom and MK resorts opening first with health screenings at every security screening. However, with Universal planning to reopen everything essentially - including even their water park - Disney is really put in a difficult position. Not only are they now pushed to open earlier than expected, but they also are pushed to reopen more than they had originally planned right off the line. This has created a scramble from within the company to determine how they could reopen more safely and how they could staff such a measure so early. Further complicating these issues is that Disney had planned to use Shanghai data to assist in developing a plan for reopening WDW, but DeSantis' administration is opposed to using any Shanghai information as evidence of success/failure because they feel information coming out of China is completely unreliable (for all we know, the CCP may even be selecting who signs up for the theme park as a global PR stunt).

Using your own account, it sounds like the surprise isn't what Universal is doing, but what Florida is allowing Universal to do.

Opening up the parks to a greatly reduced crowd was suggested by the Florida Task Force as part of Phase 2. Well, it seems Florida is the one racing ahead to get to Phase 2. Universal is taking advantage of it. Seems Disney (as well as many people) would have thought it would be a while longer before the other phases kicked in.

If Disney is altering their internal plans, is it really because they're panicking that Universal is 'winning'? Or, is it because they just didn't expect Florida would allow things to progress so fast?

djkidkaz

I don’t seem to recall a single time, a single thread was created by @marni1971, @MansionButler84, @Magic Feather, @peter11435 to inundate the forum with “insider information” and self promotion. The only one similar to do that was Baby Brayden and other account. The visceral reaction is because how the information is presented, its inconsistencies, and it’s shameless self promotion of the OP.

This all sounds like a previous “spirit” who used to post here. It was nice that he had finally left but I guess his ego got the best of him and he had to come back and post under a new alias.

brianstl

Trying to get away from which poster has the bigger package and back on topic . . .

How solid is the Anaheim estimate? 4th quarter? Really??

I wouldn't know any better regardless of how many people on this thread said one thing or another. But just trying to make some knowledge-based decisions on a booked sea-land trip in September (or count on an FCC to push our trip till next Jan).
I win that argument.

WDW Pro

Original Poster
We can count out from our dates. I’ll remind you that theme parks in Central Florida are opening 7 days after my MARCH 18 prognostication. You’ve already subtracted 6 weeks from your MAY 4 prognostication. When one constantly adjusts their insider details, it’s easy to always be right. By next week, you’ll suggest you overhear Bob Chapek move the date up further.

ffs

I have been totally consistent with when Disney's target was. Even to now, Disney does not have a hard date in place and may still open in August. There is absolutely no for sure day, and this little pee pee contest you want to do is stupid. So here are some of the things I've nailed over the past months and am ready to go somewhere else due to toxicity of you and others:

• Exclusive reveal of Mary Poppins attraction.
  • Exclusive reveal of Close the Gap Disneyland Protocol.
  • Original Location of Galaxy's Edge
  • Original Galaxy's Edge restaurant location (later confirmed by former Disney cast).
  • Cuts to WDW CapEx as far back as February 13th
  • Paris closure announced a week beforehand
  • Closure of Hong Kong and Shanghai Disney (although those posts were deleted by moderation, there are still posts evidencing their existence) when nobody even knew what the heck was going on in the US.
  • Guest temperature mandate
  • Arrows on the ground
  • Lucasfilm's intervention into Galaxy's Edge (later confirmed)
  • Behind the Scenes meetings between Lucasfilm and Disney brass over controversial hire
  • Q3 Earnings Lagging days before announcement
  • Announced delay of RotR in Disneyland along with reason
  • Exclusive reveal of half day tickets weeks before they were announced.
  • Mask mandate
And that's just what I can think of over the past six months. But I'm ready to walk away and stop providing any new info. Some of you haven't even noticed that many of your insiders have slowed way, way down on what they provide to you. It's not just because news and bloggers will often take it without crediting the source, thus damaging our relations with our sources, but it's also because of the utter contempt some of you show behind a wall of anonymity that allows you to act in unacceptable manners.

brb1006

This all sounds like a previous “spirit” who used to post here. It was nice that he had finally left but I guess his ego got the best of him and he had to come back and post under a new alias.
I wonder how Spirit feels about the parks closing?

ToTBellHop

Using your own account, it sounds like the surprise isn't what Universal is doing, but what Florida is allowing Universal to do.

Opening up the parks to a greatly reduced crowd was suggested by the Florida Task Force as part of Phase 2. Well, it seems Florida is the one racing ahead to get to Phase 2. Universal is taking advantage of it. Seems Disney (as well as many people) would have thought it would be a while longer before the other phases kicked in.

If Disney is altering their internal plans, is it really because they're panicking that Universal is 'winning'? Or, is it because they just didn't expect Florida would allow things to progress so fast?
Ok, I don’t want to step into politics. I assume the management of WDW is aware of who the Governor of the State of Florida is. I assume they are also aware of his inclinations and have seen him speak on TV.

It should have been apparent to anyone with an ounce of political savvy that Florida was unwilling to give up a summer tourist season. They have been pressuring the big boys to open for weeks now.

DVCakaCarlF

If they can’t trace this down to patient zero, what makes you think they can trace a now “community” spread virus to a specific theme park in FL?
Ok, I don’t want to step into politics. I assume the management of WDW is aware of who the Governor of the State of Florida is. I assume they are also aware of his inclinations and have seen him speak on TV.

It should have been apparent to anyone with an ounce of political savvy that Florida was unwilling to give up a summer tourist season. They have been pressuring the big boys to open for weeks now.
Politics has always been part of the equation in the reopening - it’s an election year.

monothingie

Premium Member
And that's just what I can think of over the past six months. But I'm ready to walk away and stop providing any new info. Some of you haven't even noticed that many of your insiders have slowed way, way down on what they provide to you. It's not just because news and bloggers will often take it without crediting the source, thus damaging our relations with our sources, but it's also because of the utter contempt some of you show behind a wall of anonymity that allows you to act in unacceptable manners
It only took 9 full pages to get to martyr.

Mouse Trap

I have been totally consistent with when Disney's target was. Even to now, Disney does not have a hard date in place and may still open in August. There is absolutely no for sure day, and this little pee pee contest you want to do is stupid. So here are some of the things I've nailed over the past months and am ready to go somewhere else due to toxicity of you and others:

• Exclusive reveal of Mary Poppins attraction.
  • Exclusive reveal of Close the Gap Disneyland Protocol.
  • Original Location of Galaxy's Edge
  • Original Galaxy's Edge restaurant location (later confirmed by former Disney cast).
  • Cuts to WDW CapEx as far back as February 13th
  • Paris closure announced a week beforehand
  • Closure of Hong Kong and Shanghai Disney (although those posts were deleted by moderation, there are still posts evidencing their existence) when nobody even knew what the heck was going on in the US.
  • Guest temperature mandate
  • Arrows on the ground
  • Lucasfilm's intervention into Galaxy's Edge (later confirmed)
  • Behind the Scenes meetings between Lucasfilm and Disney brass over controversial hire
  • Q3 Earnings Lagging days before announcement
  • Announced delay of RotR in Disneyland along with reason
  • Exclusive reveal of half day tickets weeks before they were announced.
  • Mask mandate
And that's just what I can think of over the past six months. But I'm ready to walk away and stop providing any new info. Some of you haven't even noticed that many of your insiders have slowed way, way down on what they provide to you. It's not just because news and bloggers will often take it without crediting the source, thus damaging our relations with our sources, but it's also because of the utter contempt some of you show behind a wall of anonymity that allows you to act in unacceptable manners.

This dude is really taking credit for mask mandates and temp checks...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom