Universal Press Conference (Harry Potter on track to open Spring 2010)

SirGoofy

This still excites me more than Fantasyland. I suppose because it's something all ages can truly enjoy; especially, Harry Potter fans.

I'd be lying if I said this didn't excite me a tad more than Fland, but the Star Tours enhancements bring the past week's competition to a tie.

CaptainMichael

I'd be lying if I said this didn't excite me a tad more than Fland, but the Star Tours enhancements bring the past week's competition to a tie.

I'd agree. It also doesn't hurt Disney is more accessible (read as: free) to me. However, I'd also contend that Star Tours should have happened at least a few years ago, and Mermaid even longer ago.

CaptainMichael

Also true. It still baffles me it took this long to get necessary work/additions done.

More baffling still is that there seems to be this big "adventurer" push by WDI all of a sudden, and the original home to that idea is being dismantled starting next month.

I can only hope they announce something similar for DAK at next years D23. I want WDW to be a part of this genious Society of Explorers and Adventurers (again).

SirGoofy

More baffling still is that there seems to be this big "adventurer" push by WDI all of a sudden, and the original home to that idea is being dismantled starting next month.

I can only hope they announce something similar for DAK at next years D23. I want WDW to be a part of this genious Society of Explorers and Adventurers (again).

Agreed.

I'm going to do some prodding for info from some friends. If something like that truly is coming, I would look to JC's coming refurb for some possible hints.

Gambit

Harry Potter Concept Art

Here is all the new concept art from the Universal Media Site:

Hogwarts Exterior
Hogwarts%20Exterior_LR.jpg

Dervish and Banges
Dervish%20and%20Banges_LR.jpg

Dragon Challenge
Dragon%20Challenge_LR.jpg

Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods
Filch's%20Emporium%20of%20Confiscated%20Goods_LR.jpg

Flight of the Hippogriff
Flight%20of%20the%20Hippogriff_LR.jpg

Hog's Head
Hog's%20Head_LR.jpg

Honeydukes
Honeydukes_LR.jpg

Ollivanders
Ollivanders_Cropped_LR.jpg

Owlrey
Owlery_LR.jpg

Zonko's
Zonko's%20Joke%20Shop_LR.jpg

Gambit

Here is all the new concept art from the Universal Media Site:

Hogwarts Exterior
Hogwarts%20Exterior_LR.jpg

Dervish and Banges
Dervish%20and%20Banges_LR.jpg

Dragon Challenge
Dragon%20Challenge_LR.jpg

Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods
Filch's%20Emporium%20of%20Confiscated%20Goods_LR.jpg

Flight of the Hippogriff
Flight%20of%20the%20Hippogriff_LR.jpg

Hog's Head
Hog's%20Head_LR.jpg

Honeydukes
Honeydukes_LR.jpg

Ollivanders
Ollivanders_Cropped_LR.jpg

Owlrey
Owlery_LR.jpg

Zonko's
Zonko's%20Joke%20Shop_LR.jpg

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I hate Potter, but I am enjoying Jts discomfort at the propsect that Universal may open another ride aimed at patrons old enough to sport pubes.

WishIwasThere

Is there no Hogwarts Express ride though? Or Walk through? Bit of a suprise that.

That's what I was thinking especially after the initial artwork of Hogsmead showed the Hogwarts Express prominently in the front of one of the buildings. Maybe they (Universal) couldn't find an old train suitable, or cheap enough, to turn into Hogwarts Express??? It would make for an easy addition to the 'land'. Maybe at a later date.

CaptainMichael

That's what I was thinking especially after the initial artwork of Hogsmead showed the Hogwarts Express prominently in the front of one of the buildings. Maybe they (Universal) couldn't find an old train suitable, or cheap enough, to turn into Hogwarts Express??? It would make for an easy addition to the 'land'. Maybe at a later date.

The train will be there, it just won't do anything yet. Great for photos though:wave:

VT GAL

It sounds like it is going to be really awesome!

IMO I am over HP, so I am not all that excited about going myself.

However I am hopeful that it is as awesome as it sounds, and that it makes the mouse turn it up to 11!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom