Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens May 22 2025

Mike S

Really, only DHS is sad.

To supplement its rides lineup, DAK has a zoo, and EP has a World's Fair.

On paper, DHS should have a whole bunch of shows to supplement its paltry ride lineup, but doesn't.
True but you’d think the ride lineup would’ve expanded more than it has over 25+ years. It’s not like we got a ton of zoo expansion in that time either btw.

TalkToEthan

I wouldn't really consider the Hogwarts Express a ride, if it is than should we say the monorail is a ride? I wouldn't say that.

Monorail at its core is transportation—-simple as that. Disney knows this that’s why they give it away “free”

Hogwarts Express is both a bonafide themed out attraction and serves as transportation……Universal knows this that’s why you got to pay to ride.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Monorail at its core is transportation—-simple as that. Disney knows this that’s why they give it away “free”

Hogwarts Express is both a bonafide themed out attraction and serves as transportation……Universal knows this that’s why you got to pay to ride.
While true, I wouldn't classify it as a ride in a land. But I guess it is a just a themed experience.

Wendy Pleakley

While true, I wouldn't classify it as a ride in a land. But I guess it is a just a themed experience.

For me it's a so-so experience that exists to help sell park hopping.

I did it once just to see it, and honestly, now I'd just walk between the parks unless the wait was non-existent.

If it was a standalone attraction it would be ranked very poorly IMO.

It's fine as a way to connect the two lands and keep people immersed in the world, so it's not without value, but I didn't think it was particularly engaging.

Is it brought up here just to compare ride counts? I wouldn't consider it a major attraction by that standard.

TalkToEthan

At the risk of belaboring here:

Monorail is utterly themeless, its queue is utterly themeless and for this discussion it’s identical to Skyliner, friendship boats or bus…..free transportation on property which I appreciate.

Hogswarts Express, however, has fully fleshed out themed queues and loading stations representing their respective stops: London and Hogsmeade; immersively detailed cabins offering a story consistent with direction of travel.
Irrespective of its utility Hog Express is a legitimate attraction ——a fine one at that and commensurate with the level of excellence found in both Wizarding Worlds.

JoeCamel

At the risk of belaboring here:

Monorail is utterly themeless, its queue is utterly themeless and for this discussion it’s identical to Skyliner, friendship boats or bus…..free transportation on property which I appreciate.

Hogswarts Express, however, has fully fleshed out themed queues and loading stations representing their respective stops: London and Hogsmeade; immersively detailed cabins offering a story consistent with direction of travel.
Irrespective of its utility Hog Express is a legitimate attraction ——a fine one at that and commensurate with the level of excellence found in both Wizarding Worlds.
And then they positioned it so they could sell P2P. Sheer genius plus you can have a can of Tennent's while you ride.....

Misted Compass

I think that's more due to the location of their respective stations, with Hogwarts Express being located directly in the parks themselves.
The monorail at DL requires a park ticket to board not because of its immersion but because it has a station directly in the park.
I'd still consider Hogwarts Express a ride though, since the screens add a "show" element that takes it beyond simply being transportation (let alone the queues)

Epcot81Fan

Whatever, Disney has this:

1722561846578.jpeg

wdwfan4ver

Why wasn't Pokemon considered for this new park, I get it that it was rumored for Studios for a while, but Pokemon is way more beloved than this overrated franchise that has its author getting recent backlash and with good reason
I am not going into Harry Potter outside of saying Potter was going to EU not matter what due to Universal wanted Potter Lands in the 3 theme parks USO has. Sorry, but I do not count Volcano Bay as a theme park unlike Universal due it actually being a water park.

As Far as Pokemon goes, there are 3 possible reasons for why not Epic Universe.

The first reason is the Pokemon agreement with Universal happened in 2021 for Japan and Construction already was happening for Epic Universe at that point. Before 2021, Pokemon was not part of any Nintendo agreements with Universal at all due to Pokemon being owned by the Pokemon Company despite Nintendo and Pokemon having a very close relationship.

The 2nd reason Universal wants Nintendo connected IP to be in IOA and USF besides Epic Universe. Universal wants the most popular Nintendo IPS in those 3 gates.

The 3rd reason is Pokemon may not been considered for EU even if that Pokemon Company agreement happened much sooner due to the Franchises in Super Nintendo World are connected to Mario. Mario is Nintendo's Mascot for decades.

lazyboy97o

The first reason is the Pokemon agreement with Universal happened in 2021 for Japan and Construction already was happening for Epic Universe at that point. Before 2021, Pokemon was not part of any Nintendo agreements with Universal at all due to Pokemon being owned by the Pokemon Company despite Nintendo and Pokemon having a very close relationship.
Pokémon concepts were in development well before 2021.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom