Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens May 22 2025

BrianLo

I just realized you put "at its opening" 🤦‍♂️. I am dumb. 😑
I wouldn't really consider the Hogwarts Express a ride, if it is than should we say the monorail is a ride? I wouldn't say that.

At Disneyland the Monorail is in fact a ride.

At WDW it is not… but transportation like that is what actually makes the ‘resort’ experience at WDW stronger.

I will accept no shade against the Hogwarts Express and defend that transcendent ride as possibly the best boundary pushing thing Universal has ever done. Perhaps until this dragon…

TalkToEthan

Here’s the deal:

Universal needs to atone for its colossally squandered opportunity to shake the theme park industry—— that petrified dragon perched atop Gringot building was half baked. It needed two features: fire and movement. A turning neck and a wing flap coupled with breath blaze would have been the ultimate sight in any park on earth.

Wishful thinking for sure but I’m hoping Epic can change the game and end this Uni vs Disney debate once and for all with a drone that can flap a wing and spit a flame

Disstevefan1

Here’s the deal:

Universal needs to atone for its colossally squandered opportunity to shake the theme park industry—— that petrified dragon perched atop Gringot building was half baked. It needed two features: fire and movement. A turning neck and a wing flap coupled with breath blaze would have been the ultimate sight in any park on earth.

Wishful thinking for sure but I’m hoping Epic can change the game and end this Uni vs Disney debate once and for all with a drone that can flap a wing and spit a flame
Disagree. Gringots is great and EPIC will be…… well….. EPIC 😉

JoeCamel

Here’s the deal:

Looks around perplexed at the millions of pictures of the ironbelly mouthing off or the thousands that line the streets several times a day to stare slack jawed in awe as the heat of the flames warms their face with a mighty roar and thinks what are you on about?

Rich Brownn

Scrapped entirely of just scrapped for EU? I feel like it's too good an idea to scrap entirely. Built as a TSR for IOA, I feel like it could be Unis equivalent of BOG (both with regards to impact and popularity!)

As a self professed Potter Fan, I will echo that sentiment. Seeing the to scale (or close enough) train pull into the replica Platform 9 3/4 station with the "steam" and moving wheels and sound... yeah, that's the equivalent joyous feeling (for me) as turning the corner in Galaxy's Edge and seeing the Millennium Falcon.
The idea was an uncharge resteraunt (dinner show basically). The execs eventually decided that really doesn't fit in with any of the parks so tabled it

Misted Compass

I highly doubt anybody would let them use what would basically be drones armed with flamethrowers. Smoke effects would be cool though.

drew81

Question of the day-

If you stay at Helios and you have a non-park view(nearest the parking garage), will you be viewing the backside of the Potter show building? Seems like there won't be any berm or facade put in front of that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom