Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

JoeCamel

It's still about a mile. Same distance from the DHS gate to Epcot on foot. Same distance as from Epcot bus drop-off to American Adventure.

In Florida heat and humidity... it's a hike.

I often take the foot path rationalizing it's "exercise." But for those with mobility issues or with small children, it can be quite hike-ish.
If you are going to a theme park and can't walk 15 minutes outside........

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Calling the garden walks at UOR a hike is hilarious. You do more walking in 30 minutes at the park than the garden walk. It's also heavily landscaped and mostly shaded. There are times you forget you are only a mere few feet away from the street.

In terms of walkability at the Epic/south campus, I'd imagine a walking bridge is a phase 2 project whenever they finalize what to do long-term at the resort. Universal understand how crucial it is to have a "compact" resort that is easily walkable.

If you are going to a theme park and can't walk 15 minutes outside........

🙄

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For those with children and mobility issues, Universal provides fantastic and quick bus service that gets you to the bus hub in ~8 minutes. The walk from the Grand Flo to MK is shorter yet a more miserable walk in the sun with no shade.
I said I take the path. I walk it. I know it. I'm not decrying it as too long or too burdensome for me.

I don't know what you think you're arguing against, but it's not me or anything I said.

Good day.

JoeCamel

They were mentioning a walk to the Magic Kingdom was hot with no shade and the response was there is the monorail or a boat. Just that.
Which is not the point that was being discussed? It was nice 15 minute shady garden walk vs a "hike" and others started with the comparisons of shade to hot and open then others started with the transport options.
Subject was walking vs hiking

WDWFREAK53

To me, the more "quaint" feel of Universal vs. the expansive WDW is nicer for a "theme park-centric" vacation.
When staying on property at WDW...if you're visiting all 4 parks and solely using Disney transportation, it's not convenient. If I'm at the Poly and want to go to Animal Kingdom, it's not exactly a short trip.
From waiting for a bus to arrive, to the actual drive time, there is a reason Disney tells you to leave an hour of travel time to get to your ADR. Skyliner does help immensely for those resorts/parks that can utilize it.

Universal seems like it's all right there no matter which resort you stay in (maybe less so with Endless Summer).

I will definitely admit that when you enter the gates of WDW, it does feel like you're in a different place and you're not just at a resort filled with theme parks and hotels.

While I'm at it...driving to Magic Kingdom could be the worst of them all. It could take an hour to get through the gates after you park!

J4546

This park looks great but Im kinda iffy about each world having 1 entrance/exit. Im not a fan of dead ends and I really like how at DL the lands have multiple entrances and exits and loop around

Rich Brownn

This park looks great but Im kinda iffy about each world having 1 entrance/exit. Im not a fan of dead ends and I really like how at DL the lands have multiple entrances and exits and loop around
Each land has a separate entrance and exit. The exits are the open areas to the side of the portals with the rectangular "guard shack"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom