Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Disstevefan1

Correct - as of now at least. Maybe market pushback changes it, but minimally need to buy 2 days at USF/IOA/VB.
As much as folks hate the lack of freedom of choice here, I think this is a good idea (for Universal)
1. They wont suffer the typical drop in attendance in the other parks.
2, They are controlling the attendance to EPIC when they initially open, while they are working things out.

It has been leaked, they will eventually sell single park day tickets to EPIC, just not initially.

rd805

It has been leaked, they will eventually sell single park day tickets to EPIC, just not initially.
Oh yeh, no doubt - i just wonder how soon! I plan on getting there within a month of opening and already put a hold on a CHEAP 4 Night stay at All Star using my TA rate 5/31 - 6/4, and hoping to add on a Uni 3 or 4 night hotel package depending on opening date around this.

I know I will be there before they do enable 1 day tickets, so unless there is some optional upgrade coming; I sadly think I'll only be THERE for 1 day on my initial visit.

**Also worth noting that I'm 95% sure I'll be skipping Orlando for 2024 (again, sadly) - Did a quick visit April 2023 around the RunDisney / overall stayed 4 nights in Orlando; knowing I'll be doing a week+ in 2025.

But my Disney Visa will keep earning some points, and I'm hopeful I'll be able to have all my food at Disney covered using reward points loll. Have $750 in rewards built up right now, but have goals to do a 4ish sit downs over those 4ish Disney Days.

Andrew25

I know this is an EPIC thread but comparisons to other parks is part of the discussion.

I just saw a video of the newly opened Penguin Trek coaster at SeaWorld Orlando. It looks like an excellent family friendly coaster with both inside and outside portions and this went up FAST.

Then I realized SeaWorld Orlando added three coasters in the last three years!!!
Ice Breaker 2022 (family friendly)
Pipeline: The Surf Coaster 2023
Penguin Trek, now open 2024 (family friendly)

I know there are many SeaWorld haters, but this is great work by SeaWorld adding three coasters in three years and making 2 of the three family friendly (with no inversions).
They have been flying under the radar for how many coasters they've built... but in the same time they've let park operations drop dramatically unfortunately.

Also, Ice Breaker track work was completed back in 2020... they just didn't open it until 2022 for strategic reasons.

rd805

They have been flying under the radar for how many coasters they've built... but in the same time they've let park operations drop dramatically unfortunately.

Also, Ice Breaker track work was completed back in 2020... they just didn't open it until 2022 for strategic reasons.
I visited SeaWorld for the first time in YEARS last April -- had a free day to kill / free entry by doing Discovery Cove.

So much of the park was DOWN/Closed, it was such a waste of a day. I didn't have enough fun to want to go back and try all the stuff that wasn't running; maybe in years down the line if i do Discover Cove again lol (which i LOVED).

Disstevefan1

I cant speak for their operations, I have not been there in a while, but from an outsider looking in, three coasters in a short period of time is impressive to me. And it looks like FUN!

I really want to visit!

Andrew25

I cant speak for their operations, I have not been there in a while, but from an outsider looking in, three coasters in a short period of time is impressive to me. And it looks like FUN!

I really want to visit!
The coasters are great... but the trade off are long waits because of horrible operations thanks to poor management... even with low crowds.
  • Ice Breaker is consistently only operating one-train to save on maintenance costs, resulting in ridicously long 5+ minute long intervals between dispatches. With only 18 seats, it's around 200 guests an hour.
  • Pipeline a bit better than Ice Breaker, but nowhere near the ideal capacity with how slow they load.
If the park operated at the level/speed of Disney or Universal, each attraction would be walk-ons, even on busier days.

Didn't even mention the two water rides that are operating at ridicously low capacity due to ops.

ToTBellHop

I wonder if you will need to pre-select your EU day when you get a 3, 4, or 5-day ticket with one day at EU. I presume they will want some sort of control.

And, I agree--this kind of control could allow Express (including the Unlimited passes that the three top tier hotels include).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So... about how EU will make UO a full-week vacation.

They're going to do this by allowing only one day in EU and you then spend four days in IOA and USO?

maxairmike

I wonder if you will need to pre-select your EU day when you get a 3, 4, or 5-day ticket with one day at EU. I presume they will want some sort of control.

And, I agree--this kind of control could allow Express (including the Unlimited passes that the three top tier hotels include).

I wouldn't be surprised if they looked to how TDR structured things for Fantasy Springs with those vacation packages and does something similar, in terms of park day structures. It would serve a partially different purpose, but I can see the benefits. I also don't think the idea that all APs are going to be completely blocked out for the first X years will come to pass (I think there's a barely higher chance they try and realize it isn't worth it and walk it back than them just flat out blocking all APs). I can see things like AP reservations, an EPIC add-on or new/revamped tiers, aggressive blockouts, etc. but not a full on "No APs have access at all" situation. I think something like that could actually hurt hotel bookings instead of ultimately helping.

JT3000

These prices we are seeing are from info sent to travel agents to put together travel packages. They are not aimed at locals or AP holders.

There will be more ticket option info coming out soon.
Well someone seems to disagree.

I think this would be incredibly stupid, personally. There needs to be a single day option for locals, especially if you're not going to add an AP that includes Epic Universe initially. As someone who isn't currently an AP holder, I'm still waiting to see what they do, but I'm straight up not going if I have to pay for a regular ol' multiday ticket like some peon tourist (I kid... but not about the whole not buying a ticket part.)

ToTBellHop

I think this would be incredibly stupid, personally. There needs to be a single day option for locals, especially if you're not going to add an AP that includes Epic Universe initially. As someone who isn't currently an AP holder, I'm still waiting to see what they do, but I'm straight up not going if I have to pay for a regular ol' multiday ticket like some peon tourist (I kid... but not about the whole not buying a ticket part.)
Perhaps it’s just that multi day tix go on sale first to prioritize hotel packages with single day tix available for purchase later once they know availability.

JoeCamel

Perhaps it’s just that multi day tix go on sale first to prioritize hotel packages with single day tix available for purchase later once they know availability.
While I believe you are correct and there will be further options made available I do have a little voice telling me this is the same operator that made a 2 park with hopping almost mandatory to see all of their flagship attraction.
I don't think that is what is happening here it is more like every summer when the HHN tickets are announced without rush of fear or frequent fear being announced at first the fans panic they won't be offered but every year they are.

BTW I fully trust Disneyhead'71 to know what is happening.

SJN1279

I think that many people will bypass Epic until more ticket options become available.

Disney has a chance to take advantage next summer.

Animaniac93-98

Not really sure how many people are only interested in visiting Epic Universe, but not the rest of Universal. Sounds like a demographic that's largely relegated to this forum.

Chances are, if Epic Universe appeals to you, you're already inclined to want to try some of the other park's offerings.

Someone who's only interested in Disney, isn't going to want to visit Universal. Epic or not.

Animaniac93-98

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is often cited as the main reason people are willing to spend a day or two at IOA/USF

That doesn't go away just because Epic opens. It too has A Wizarding World, but it's not THE Wizarding World. The one you see in all the commercials, and the one with the bulk of the attractions and things to do. That'll still drive interest in the existing parks, and if anything, will still make them the ideal choice for those 1-2 day trips.

If reality, that's why Epic Universe has to sell itself. To be the viable 3rd day, or a decent alternative to the established Universal parks. But that's where Nintendo is expected to do the heavy lifting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom