Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens May 22 2025

rd805

Initial ticketing info leaked...
You'll need to have 2 days at USF/IOA/VB (base OR P2P) and you get 1 day of EPIC to make a 3 day package. 2, 3, and 4 day options will be available too PLUS 1 day at EPIC allowed to make a max of 5 day ticket (4 others + 1 EPIC).

Hoping for a slight revamp of this going forward, as I wanted 2 days of EPIC during my first visit, and can't fathom doing TWO SETS of (2others+1Epic) = 6 days total at Uni.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Current work at the Chronos tower at the portal into Epic Universe. Seen in early twilight, backlit by a wall of clouds.
1719950524953.png

Chronos tower at night.
1719950545860.png

Mirror glass reflection of Helios Grand Hotel in twilight in #EpicUniverse
1719950572144.png

Mirror glass reflection of Stardust Racers in Twilight in #EpicUniverse
1719950597184.png

Disstevefan1

You'll need to have 2 days at USF/IOA/VB (base OR P2P) and you get 1 day of EPIC to make a 3 day package. 2, 3, and 4 day options will be available too PLUS 1 day at EPIC allowed to make a max of 5 day ticket (4 others + 1 EPIC).

Hoping for a slight revamp of this going forward, as I wanted 2 days of EPIC during my first visit, and can't fathom doing TWO SETS of (2others+1Epic) = 6 days total at Uni.
But you cant just buy day tickets?

Disstevefan1

Sorcerer Mickey

Am I reading this right, you can't just buy a one-day ticket? I was also hoping for two days at Epic. One to run around Nintendo World with my son all day and the other to hit the rest of the lands.

Andrew25

Universal will try to "lock" visits to IOA and USF in addition to Epic Universe in order to not only prevent the current parks to lose attendance, but also extend trip durations.

For locals/APs, I'd imagine Universal is going to look at the vacation package & multi-day demand prior to finalizing pricing details.

My guess is that Universal wants to prevent what happened at DL's SWGE opening by blocking passholders... but if demand is strong for these tickets they might follow a similar strategy and delay AP access.

Disstevefan1

I know this is an EPIC thread but comparisons to other parks is part of the discussion.

I just saw a video of the newly opened Penguin Trek coaster at SeaWorld Orlando. It looks like an excellent family friendly coaster with both inside and outside portions and this went up FAST.

Then I realized SeaWorld Orlando added three coasters in the last three years!!!
Ice Breaker 2022 (family friendly)
Pipeline: The Surf Coaster 2023
Penguin Trek, now open 2024 (family friendly)

I know there are many SeaWorld haters, but this is great work by SeaWorld adding three coasters in three years and making 2 of the three family friendly (with no inversions).

Last edited:

rd805

Am I reading this right, you can't just buy a one-day ticket? I was also hoping for two days at Epic. One to run around Nintendo World with my son all day and the other to hit the rest of the lands.
Correct - as of now at least. Maybe market pushback changes it, but minimally need to buy 2 days at USF/IOA/VB.

rd805

The more I think about it, it is the best possible way to even out parks and not keep Epic Universe as over saturated; it is a great theory for operational purposes. It also keeps the attention even over at USF and IOA, even if just with $$ purchases. While i don't love it for "me personally" / "my travel style" - it is a decent plan by Universal.

I think a modification that allows 2 days at the other parks gets you 2 days at EPIC, would be more preferable for the amount of time I'd like to solely spend at Universal parks, but I think it quells a few of the VERY overcrowded rumors where people are just cruising over to this park alone to see what is new.

This is my opinion:
I also think this makes EXPRESS PASS, VERY MUCH IN PLAY. If you are only allowing people an opportunity to really get here 1 day over the course of 5 days, you have to do better to make sure that guests can get on all attractions. I very much can see a $200 express pass, at the minimum whatever they are charging for express at HHN.

Universal is going to make MONEYYYYY.

Disstevefan1

Correct - as of now at least. Maybe market pushback changes it, but minimally need to buy 2 days at USF/IOA/VB.
As much as folks hate the lack of freedom of choice here, I think this is a good idea (for Universal)
1. They wont suffer the typical drop in attendance in the other parks.
2, They are controlling the attendance to EPIC when they initially open, while they are working things out.

It has been leaked, they will eventually sell single park day tickets to EPIC, just not initially.

rd805

It has been leaked, they will eventually sell single park day tickets to EPIC, just not initially.
Oh yeh, no doubt - i just wonder how soon! I plan on getting there within a month of opening and already put a hold on a CHEAP 4 Night stay at All Star using my TA rate 5/31 - 6/4, and hoping to add on a Uni 3 or 4 night hotel package depending on opening date around this.

I know I will be there before they do enable 1 day tickets, so unless there is some optional upgrade coming; I sadly think I'll only be THERE for 1 day on my initial visit.

**Also worth noting that I'm 95% sure I'll be skipping Orlando for 2024 (again, sadly) - Did a quick visit April 2023 around the RunDisney / overall stayed 4 nights in Orlando; knowing I'll be doing a week+ in 2025.

But my Disney Visa will keep earning some points, and I'm hopeful I'll be able to have all my food at Disney covered using reward points loll. Have $750 in rewards built up right now, but have goals to do a 4ish sit downs over those 4ish Disney Days.

Andrew25

I know this is an EPIC thread but comparisons to other parks is part of the discussion.

I just saw a video of the newly opened Penguin Trek coaster at SeaWorld Orlando. It looks like an excellent family friendly coaster with both inside and outside portions and this went up FAST.

Then I realized SeaWorld Orlando added three coasters in the last three years!!!
Ice Breaker 2022 (family friendly)
Pipeline: The Surf Coaster 2023
Penguin Trek, now open 2024 (family friendly)

I know there are many SeaWorld haters, but this is great work by SeaWorld adding three coasters in three years and making 2 of the three family friendly (with no inversions).
They have been flying under the radar for how many coasters they've built... but in the same time they've let park operations drop dramatically unfortunately.

Also, Ice Breaker track work was completed back in 2020... they just didn't open it until 2022 for strategic reasons.

rd805

They have been flying under the radar for how many coasters they've built... but in the same time they've let park operations drop dramatically unfortunately.

Also, Ice Breaker track work was completed back in 2020... they just didn't open it until 2022 for strategic reasons.
I visited SeaWorld for the first time in YEARS last April -- had a free day to kill / free entry by doing Discovery Cove.

So much of the park was DOWN/Closed, it was such a waste of a day. I didn't have enough fun to want to go back and try all the stuff that wasn't running; maybe in years down the line if i do Discover Cove again lol (which i LOVED).

Disstevefan1

I cant speak for their operations, I have not been there in a while, but from an outsider looking in, three coasters in a short period of time is impressive to me. And it looks like FUN!

I really want to visit!

Andrew25

I cant speak for their operations, I have not been there in a while, but from an outsider looking in, three coasters in a short period of time is impressive to me. And it looks like FUN!

I really want to visit!
The coasters are great... but the trade off are long waits because of horrible operations thanks to poor management... even with low crowds.
  • Ice Breaker is consistently only operating one-train to save on maintenance costs, resulting in ridicously long 5+ minute long intervals between dispatches. With only 18 seats, it's around 200 guests an hour.
  • Pipeline a bit better than Ice Breaker, but nowhere near the ideal capacity with how slow they load.
If the park operated at the level/speed of Disney or Universal, each attraction would be walk-ons, even on busier days.

Didn't even mention the two water rides that are operating at ridicously low capacity due to ops.

ToTBellHop

I wonder if you will need to pre-select your EU day when you get a 3, 4, or 5-day ticket with one day at EU. I presume they will want some sort of control.

And, I agree--this kind of control could allow Express (including the Unlimited passes that the three top tier hotels include).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So... about how EU will make UO a full-week vacation.

They're going to do this by allowing only one day in EU and you then spend four days in IOA and USO?

maxairmike

I wonder if you will need to pre-select your EU day when you get a 3, 4, or 5-day ticket with one day at EU. I presume they will want some sort of control.

And, I agree--this kind of control could allow Express (including the Unlimited passes that the three top tier hotels include).

I wouldn't be surprised if they looked to how TDR structured things for Fantasy Springs with those vacation packages and does something similar, in terms of park day structures. It would serve a partially different purpose, but I can see the benefits. I also don't think the idea that all APs are going to be completely blocked out for the first X years will come to pass (I think there's a barely higher chance they try and realize it isn't worth it and walk it back than them just flat out blocking all APs). I can see things like AP reservations, an EPIC add-on or new/revamped tiers, aggressive blockouts, etc. but not a full on "No APs have access at all" situation. I think something like that could actually hurt hotel bookings instead of ultimately helping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom