Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

BubbaisSleep

Fifth. More than any Universal park (no, Pteranadon Flyers is not a coaster and I will die on this hill.) But it's Disney, so that makes it okay and doesn't attract the usual Six Flags comparisons every other park automatically gets when they add coasters.
Oops, I forget about Barnstormer’s existence sometimes haha.

Rich Brownn

You claim new innovation - then just name check more coasters.
Both the Mummy and Hagrid's combined coasters with dark ride elements. Hagrids has the most number of launches of any coaster in the world - which is both unique and complex (also its rare if ever if a coaster includes a drop track, a reverse course, and animatronics - maybe one or two at the most but not all of them). VC is meta themed (its theme is a coaster) but contains exellent rockwork, animatronics and special effects in the queue and is designed to blend in thematically with the park.

EU will include DK (a first of its kind with fake track), one located in the woods, one big one (with at least one show element), and a family style that runs around Dragon.

999th Happy Haunt

You claim new innovation - then just name check more coasters.
Monsters, Ministry, and Mario Kart are E-Ticket dark rides. DK will be a first of it’s kind coaster.

Velocicoaster, Mummy, and Hagrid’s were more in reference to the claim that “coasters only draw a small demographic.” But I do believe each of them do have innovative qualities.

J4546

like Tron , Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Guardians?
i dont know if id put gaurdians on that list because it does bring computer controlled rotations and a bunch of massive screens in an indoor setting larger than any other indoor coaster in the world. So I think GotG did bring something really unique and new to the rollercoaster table. imo

MagicHappens1971

i dont know if id put gaurdians on that list because it does bring computer controlled rotations and a bunch of massive screens in an indoor setting larger than any other indoor coaster in the world. So I think GotG did bring something really unique and new to the rollercoaster table. imo
The Ride vehicle system is innovative and “pushed the boundaries”

JT3000

woah, yeah I can see why Uni would be concerned about the mouse biting their gimmick
Didn't you hear? Screens are the future!

What's that? Diagon Alley has had a coaster that spins & has a bunch of screens for nearly a decade? And Universal Studios Japan has had an even more similar ride for even longer?

Cardi B Stop GIF by AMAs

Poseidon Quest

It was based on Vekoma’s new flying coaster. The credit should go to F.L.Y.

The credit should go to Intamin for Gringotts in 2014.

matt9112

Thats fair. I'm just saying that the ride system is still pretty unique. Personally, a coaster like Guardians is more unique than Velicoaster, but I still like Velicoaster better.

Guardians is just a much better space mountain change my mind.

And if it’s the case how innovative is it really? Rollercoaster in the dark in space traveling around.

The ride system is unique 100% the concept of a big indoor rollercoaster in it is not.

MagicHappens1971

Guardians is just a much better space mountain change my mind.

And if it’s the case how innovative is it really? Rollercoaster in the dark in space traveling around.

The ride system is unique 100% the concept of a big indoor rollercoaster in it is not.
I never said the attraction was innovative. In both of my previous posts, I said the ride system was. Also if you want to get technical, saying that Guardians is a “much better” Space Mountain, is saying that Guardians is innovative…

Last edited:

trr1

Alicia Stella
@AliciaStella

What should come as a surprise to no one, a Notice of Commencement for the Universal Monsters area of Epic Universe has been filed listing "KUKA Robotics Corporation" as the contractor. The land's main attraction's ride system has been rumored to be similar to Forbidden Journey.

1682710447766.png

"LifeFormations, Inc." is listed as a contractor for the How to Train Your Dragons land at Epic Universe in a Notice of Commencement. LifeFormations, now known as LF Studios, is the company behind animatronics and static figures for Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure.
1682710365214.png

Poseidon Quest

Forbidden Journey is a cool ride but makes me sick to my stomache, hopefully this one doesnt but we shall see

The prevailing rumor seems to suggest that this attraction will have minimal screens and won't contain any of the domed screen portions at all. I feel that those domed sections themselves induce a lot of nausea in people, as well as needing to flip the vehicle so wildly to hide the transitions between the screens and sets. I'm not someone who has ever been bothered by the KUKA ride system, but I do like that this new attraction is likely less bothersome.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Magenta Panther

ooh, they're inclusive enough to portray a unicorn who's survived a stroke!
That is a lousy unicorn on Hagrid's. A plow horse with a horn on its head, basically. Bleah. And speaking of Hagrid's ride, why hasn't Universal done something to hide the pole that turns the Skrewt? It looks really lame. Surely it wouldn't be hard to put some rocks or something around it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom