Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

LittleMerman

When do you think we'll get additional concept art + more info about the attractions? So strange that we've had one piece of art for years.

Rush

I think we'll start getting concept art of the hotels and possibly an updated version of the 2019 concept art in early 2024, with the preview center debuting in the summer of the same year.

maxairmike

Is it not going into the old Tribute Store space? Why else would they move it?

I think it will ultimately come down to how much space they want/need, but since now there's more than just people (planning on) going to the parks that are on property compared to when Islands and the rest was being constructed, I think it makes sense to have the preview center in CityWalk. Why lock it behind the gate...or maybe don't lock it all behind the gate?

UpAllNight

Could we see fall 2024 opening?

This seems to be progressing at an exceptionally aggressive pace. I know the interior and details will take time, but we’re still a year and a half from October 2024.

I went to Isands in 1999 & I’m beyond excited to get here for opening year. It’s one of those “take my money” situations. I’ll pay whatever I need to!

lazyboy97o

This seems to be progressing at an exceptionally aggressive pace. I know the interior and details will take time, but we’re still a year and a half from October 2024.
Doubtful. This is the stage of construction where it is easy to see changes.

Opening Fall 2024 would mean not just catching up to the one year pause in work, but accelerating beyond it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I went to Isands in 1999 & I’m beyond excited to get here for opening year. It’s one of those “take my money” situations. I’ll pay whatever I need to!
Almost certainly not.

Summer 2025. As Uni themselves said.

It's only 27 months!

Andrew25

Summer 2025 - no need to rush the opening. They are still recovering from the opening of USF in 1990, the marketing failure of Universal Escape for IOA's opening, Volcano Bay ops issues and Hagrid's opening day lol

99% certain however that the hotel closest to Universal Blvd could open sometime next year. It's pretty much close to completion for the main structure (there wasn't even a single wall in place in November - absolutely amazing).

Disneyhead'71

While construction is moving quickly, there is a lot involved with opening a new park. They are just now filing trademarks for hotels and attractions. They need to finalize logo designs for the hotels and attractions. Design merchandise based on those designs. They are already recruiting managerial staff to open the hotels.

While "Summer '25" feels a long way off, we are approaching "crunch time" on this project.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
While construction is moving quickly, there is a lot involved with opening a new park. They are just now filing trademarks for hotels and attractions. They need to finalize logo designs for the hotels and attractions. Design merchandise based on those designs. They are already recruiting managerial staff to open the hotels.

While "Summer '25" feels a long way off, we are approaching "crunch time" on this project.
Takes time to pick the perfect fuzzy rock 'n roll electric guitar riffs to blare on a continuous loop for each area of the park!

Rob562

Patent filed for a carousel-like ride system. Ride vehicles/animals moving independently of each other. What the patent write-up doesn't specifically say, but the diagrams imply, is that there could be load and unload platforms separate from the main circular platform, meaning the ride itself would always be in motion. As a horse exits the main platform to unload, another enters, making for a continuous swirling dance. Intriguing way to boost the rider throughput for what's normally a very low-capacity ride.

-Rob

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230405-011038.png
    Screenshot_20230405-011038.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 58

Rush

Patent filed for a carousel-like ride system. Ride vehicles/animals moving independently of each other. What the patent write-up doesn't specifically say, but the diagrams imply, is that there could be load and unload platforms separate from the main circular platform, meaning the ride itself would always be in motion. As a horse exits the main platform to unload, another enters, making for a continuous swirling dance. Intriguing way to boost the rider throughput for what's normally a very low-capacity ride.

-Rob

This is a trackless ride system. Apparently, Universal creative patented this years ago to stop Disney from creating a Poppins ride. As for the carousel coming to EU, it's rumored to employ the same system as the SeaGlass Carousel and it's reportedly named Constellation Carousel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom