Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

some other guy

That is a lousy unicorn on Hagrid's. A plow horse with a horn on its head, basically. Bleah. And speaking of Hagrid's ride, why hasn't Universal done something to hide the pole that turns the Skrewt? It looks really lame. Surely it wouldn't be hard to put some rocks or something around it?
the graphic anatomy of the skrewtpole was why they never showed them in the movies

Andrew25

That is a lousy unicorn on Hagrid's. A plow horse with a horn on its head, basically. Bleah. And speaking of Hagrid's ride, why hasn't Universal done something to hide the pole that turns the Skrewt? It looks really lame. Surely it wouldn't be hard to put some rocks or something around it?

I recall there being a lot of fog in that scene my first 1-2 rides on it when it first opened. I think the original intent was to hide it under fog, but they pulled a Harmonious.

It's just as bad as the last Kylo on ROTR lol

999th Happy Haunt

I’m at the point where I vastly prefer a good number of low end animatronics like on Hagrids than only a few (or just one) high end animatronics like Navi or Kong.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
Aerial overview of construction of Epic Universe.

1683574822620.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We launched Super Nintendo World in Japan, the VelociCoaster in Orlando, Secret Life of Pets in Hollywood, and our drumbeat of innovation goes on. For example, Super Nintendo World will open in Hollywood early next year. We're adding another Nintendo-themed area, Donkey Kong, to Japan in 2024, and I'm especially excited for Epic Universe to open in the summer of 2025, which will transform Universal Orlando into a week-long destination.
-Brian Roberts - Comcast Corporation - Chairman & CEO: OCTOBER 27, 2022 - Q3 2022 Comcast Corp Earnings Call
;)

trr1

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct
bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
Aerial look at the theme park side of the Epic Universe in-park hotel. Access to the resort to be through building at left.
1683661686059.png

Aerial look at construction of the parking garage of the in-park hotel of Universal's Epic Universe.
1683661784378.png

Aerial look at details of the Epic Universe in-park hotel. It seems like there will be tall columns in a grand lobby. At top right are concrete forms for the floor above the lobby. Top left is construction the resort's parking garage.
1683661879258.png

Aerial look at the multilevel front of Super Nintendo World in Epic Universe. Peach's Castle at the large stairs.
1683661731534.png

Aerial overview of How To Train Your Dragon land in Epic Universe.
1683662027317.png

Aerial look at statues being painted. In a bay at the entrance of How To Train Your Dragon land in Epic Universe.
1683661815868.png

Aerial look at the Donkey Kong roller coaster in Epic Universe.
1683661929051.png

At top of this aerial photo is construction of a dome over a water-based attraction in Epic Universe. Pond walls top right. In foreground is the front of Super Nintendo World. Yellow track is Yoshi's Adventure.
1683661987986.png

Aerial photos of a theater attraction in How To Train Your Dragon land.

1683662130460.png
1683662139966.png

trr1

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct
bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial look at part of Epic Universe. At center is a dual-racing roller coaster. Nearby are 1 Large fountain basin 2 In-park hotel 3 Harry Potter related land 4 How To Train Your Dragon land, with an additional roller coaster.
1683662262196.png

Aerial look at recent additions to the dual-racing roller coaster in Epic Universe. 1 Track in channels on roof. Tubing protecting the track itself. 2 Front track extending over the maintenance bay roof. 3,4 Recently added buildings.
1683662404717.png

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
17h

First photo is a view of the dual-racing roller coaster in Epic Universe, as seen from Destination Pwy. Aerial 7-days ago. 1 Arched station building frame 2 Seems like recently placed track.
1684265388101.png
1684265396247.png

First launch of the dual-racing roller coaster in Epic Universe sends trains up and over these hills.
1684265443303.png

In this view of Epic Universe from Destination Pwy 1 How To Train Your Dragon roller coaster track 2 Dual-racing roller coaster track 3 Lockheed Martin signage that might be seen by guests on the Kirkman Rd extension NB.
1684265469165.png

MagicHappens1971

I'm really interested to see how the Harry Potter and HTTYD lands hold up with reboots of both franchises coming out around the time the park opens.
I can't speak to HTTYD, but HP isn't going anywhere. The lands will prosper and be just as popular as they were before, if not more so once the rebooted TV show comes out.

zachrupertdsn

With all the HP rides it seems like it would be easy enough to swap out video scenes with new actors if the new show is popular enough to warrant that. Can probably lock the actors into theme park stuff as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom