Universal Diss!

casconi

Original Poster
Funny story that I thought my fellow Disney enthusiasts would appreciate....I am doing an internship for Raymond James Financial, and I am sitting in the office and a man walks in who was a rep for Universal Studios and offered a package deal of four tickets to both parks for 99 dollars. I pulled out my annual pass to Disney and told him that unfortunately this year I wouldnt be able to squeeze in any "mediocre" parks....as he kind of chuckled he walked out and I told him to check out my antenna on my truck (it is sporting one of those Disney w/ the Sorcerers hat Antenna balls), and tell me what he thought....after looking at it, he actually looked back in through the window and flicked me off...HAH, guess thats the difference between Universal and "us", we would never do such a thing...!

EpcotServo

You pretty much had that coming. I'm so sick and tired of Disney fans and Universal fans thinking that they're better than each other. If you don't like universal, get over it. Nobody's making you come. I just don't understand why people think that you can only choose Disney or Universal, and not like both. I'm proud to say that I love Disney, and like Universal. Everest is my favorite ride, dosen't mean I have to hate Mummy. the great new Universal 360 show is (dare I say it!) as good as Wishes in my humble opinion. That dosen't mean that I have to choose between which is better, I can just say that both are great shows. Anyways, like I said. Give Universal a chance. (And Universal fans-give Disney a chance.) If you don't like it, don't go. But don't disrespect others' opinions.

Since1976

casconi said:
Funny story that I thought my fellow Disney enthusiasts would appreciate....I am doing an internship for Raymond James Financial, and I am sitting in the office and a man walks in who was a rep for Universal Studios and offered a package deal of four tickets to both parks for 99 dollars. I pulled out my annual pass to Disney and told him that unfortunately this year I wouldnt be able to squeeze in any "mediocre" parks....as he kind of chuckled he walked out and I told him to check out my antenna on my truck (it is sporting one of those Disney w/ the Sorcerers hat Antenna balls), and tell me what he thought....after looking at it, he actually looked back in through the window and flicked me off...HAH, guess thats the difference between Universal and "us", we would never do such a thing...!

Man, that's pretty harsh! The guy's just making a living and you wave your annual pass in his face like an elitist...

Me, I'm always up for checking out what's at Universal. Every time they come up with something big, it forces Disney to try to come up with something better. Guess who wins? Me!

erasure fan1

Since1976 said:
Every time they come up with something big, it forces Disney to try to come up with something better. Guess who wins? Me!

This is so true, the best way for Disney to improve itself is through healthy compitition. If Disney doesnt have anyone barking up their leg, they have no real reason to improve.

GothMickey

I am not a fan of Universal.. But I would have never acted like that... You were upset he flicked you off and said "WE" would never act like that.. Well, truth be told, "WE" would never act like YOU... Please do not lump me, a Disney fan, into your class.. because, what you did, was low class in my book..

Pongo

EpcotServo said:
You pretty much had that coming. I'm so sick and tired of Disney fans and Universal fans thinking that they're better than each other. If you don't like universal, get over it. Nobody's making you come. I just don't understand why people think that you can only choose Disney or Universal, and not like both. I'm proud to say that I love Disney, and like Universal. Everest is my favorite ride, dosen't mean I have to hate Mummy. the great new Universal 360 show is (dare I say it!) as good as Wishes in my humble opinion. That dosen't mean that I have to choose between which is better, I can just say that both are great shows. Anyways, like I said. Give Universal a chance. (And Universal fans-give Disney a chance.) If you don't like it, don't go. But don't disrespect others' opinions.

I'm with you.

It's not like one is evil and trying to take over the world or anything. They're both quality. It's okay to like both. Like a kid having a favorite parent. Or a parent having a favorite kid.

And if one WA trying to take over the world, it would probably be Disney, by the looks of things :lookaroun

disney_nutter

Pumbas Nakasak said:
What a good natured individual. Mind you hes probably used to dealing with ham shanks like you.

cudnt agree more, whos up for more universal bashing as it seems to be quite strong at the minute

NemoRocks78

Seized
EpcotServo said:
I'm so sick and tired of Disney fans and Universal fans thinking that they're better than each other. If you don't like universal, get over it.
Most Universal fans actually have respect for Disney, unlike their fans which like to talk nothing but trash about Universal.

kcnole

I will never understand why Disney fans have universal so much and Universal fans hate Disney so much. I love both parks. I do believe that Disney is a better overall experience but I still absolutely love Universal.

Truth be told I'm about to buy the Universal annual pass and I'm not buying the Disney pass. Why? Simple economics. I can afford the Universal pass and I can't afford the Disney one. I'd love to have both and one day maybe I will. I can see the amazing positives of both locations as well as the negatives of both locations. But I find them both to be extremely fun locations.

I look at it this way. Be glad you have choice and other opportunities. Be glad someone is there trying to compete with Disney because if Disney lacked competition they'd lack the need to innovate and build further. Both parks are better because of the existence of the other park.

KFWampa

That's just not right. Disney has it's good points but so does Universal. Universal took a cheap shot at Disney with some of their add campains and I repect Disney for not doing the same. I had a season pass to Universal for a while and enjoyed the time I spent there. I didn't enjoy the rude attitudes of some of the employees I ran into at Universal but more than anything else, it's just not by first choice. I still like The Hulk and Dueling Dragons and actually miss the Hanna Barbara ride. Still, nothing tops an ice cold Coke and a spin on the TTA. Just my two cents.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I agree that treating someone bad who's just trying to make a living is moronic. That being said, Universal has a complex about Disney. What about the Universal commerical that says, "If I saw one more princess, I was going to be sick"? Or the Universal CM who when asked if I could take a beer into a show said, "Oh sure, this isn't Disney, you can take your beer anywhere". I had a series of really bad experiences last time at Universal and won't be back anytime soon.

PurpleDragon

I don't understand it either. I like both parks as well. IMO they are completely different and shouldn't even be compared.

They are each unique in their own way and each has its own demographic they cater towards.

To the OP, the way you acted was very childish and I would have flicked you off as well TBH. :rolleyes:

Lee

Adventurer
Just FYI...that guy didn't work for Universal.
They hire outside marketing firms to go door to door and offer special deals.

jozzmenia

EpcotServo said:

Very well put. :sohappy: I was thinking "I can't believe this person treated the Universal employee like a total jerk, then when s/he received jerk treatment in return, it was 'We Disney fans would never behave that way'". Give me a break. THIS Disney fan would not have been a pompous u know what yo the salesman who was just doing his job. :rolleyes:

hammysammy59

Seriously.

"So I was being a complete bag to some stranger who was just trying to do his job, and he gave me the finger!! Can you believe it!?"

jozzmenia

kcnole said:
I will never understand why Disney fans have universal so much and Universal fans hate Disney so much. I love both parks.

Every has their reasons for the preference. These are not generalizations about either group as a whole, just what I often see: I find that Disney fans have like a superiority complex - "I'm not going to that crappy inferior park with inferior rides and inferior service! Compared to Disney, going to Universal is like playing in a mud pile!" - and it's something that makes little sense because it's only there because of the Orlando situation. What I mean is, people make unfair comparisons because it's Orlando. Here's what I mean: Universal is better than the Michigan State Fair. People can go to the Michigan State Fair, pay a ton of money, and have fun, yet they don't say "I hate the Fair because it's not Disney"...Yet they come to Orlando and hate Universal for not being Disney, because it's Disney's biggest competition. If that made sense, they should hate WetNWild because it's not Typhoon Lagoon, they should hate all the restaurants and hotels in Orlando, and so on...

On the same token, I see Universal fans who don't like Disney because they think it's a let down. You basically spend a ton of money if u want to do evertything Disney. If u stay in a Disney hotel, eat in Disney restaurants, and so all the Disney parks, you could go bankrupt. So u often have 1 of 2 things. Either a universal fan who is used to paying $99 for tix and now is grumbling about paying $200+ for tix when they already enjoy universal...or the one who hears so much about Disney and is expecting a Utopia when they arrive, so one thing goes wrong, be it a long line or they get bumped with a stroller, and their day is ruined...We were at the store picking up developed pictures from our universal trip and there was a picture of my boyfriend in front of the big universal ball in the stack, and the clerk saw and was like "I LOVE Universal! That Disney place can keep their high prices. I don't even bother with that!" So I mean, people really just have different reasons. I also see a lot of Universal fans who haven't been to Disney and just really think it's some overprice kiddie park with no thrill rides, a bunch of characters and shows (like my boyfriend). So that type of advertising does work on people. And then there's Universal fans who HAVE been to Disney, but just don't "get it" when it comes to the magic. I always feel they are very deprived. But they don't know it, so for them, ignorance is bliss (not calling anyone ignorant, just the expression :))

Now mind u I totally and truly love both parks. I too bought a universal annual pass just because they were cheaper. so since we will be going back a few times, we always know we can go to universal any time... but i love both parks too, and can see no reason to hate either of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom