Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

MrNonacho

Premium Member
The building alone is only 20,000.

Add in the unused space around it and you get to 30,000

You definitely can. I was just clarifying that the building itself (which really shouldn't play into any of this speculation if it's being razed) is not the size as it was being described. The earlier overlay isn't the correct scale, either. It should look more like this:
feq740.jpg

Anyway it's a moot point, as the space is there if they need it.

Ahhscarymommy

I find it mildly annoying, that screamscape credits Parkrumors for this when Theme Park Insider, Parkscope, and OU were the ones who really broke the story.

That being said, USF is undergoing a DCA-like transformation. The park will be noticeably different 3 years from now. Crazy to think about. In 3 years, barring any surprise additions to DHS, USF will clearly be the best "studio park" in Orlando...and perhaps the world.

Actually Behind Universal was the first to state that 44 was being demolished. The speculation was there, then it got removed, then "bam" the permit hit us like a ton of bricks.

http://behinduniversalstudios.com/2012/hercxena-not-to-be-used-for-hhn/

Notice the date of the post. :)

StageFrenzy

I'm not saying it is Transformers but.... it is Transformers LOL...

In USH the sq ft for Transformers is 60,000... HOWEVER, the base is only 30,000 (two floors for the attraction)... The base for SS44??? 30,000 sq, ft...

I thought the same thing when i was reading the screamscape post. This is really intriguing, I would not have thought Uni would do it. We will see what happens.

Millionaire2K

If this is Transformers it would open around June-July of 2014 if the time table is close to USH. This would make me think HP 2.0 might not show up till 2016.

Thrill Seeker

If this is Transformers it would open around June-July of 2014 if the time table is close to USH. This would make me think HP 2.0 might not show up till 2016.

However, at USH, they had to modify an existing building to put in Transformers. If this is a new building, it might go up quicker... I'm hoping late 2013 early 2014 at the latest...

GLaDOS

Potter will open late 2014 to early 2015.

Whatever this attraction may end up being should be open by early 2014.

maxairmike

Like I said, I heard 13 months, so that would put it a full year ahead of Potter at least. Of course, that's likely if nothing goes wrong. Should be interesting, and it sounds like I need to go ride Rockit again.

Captain Chaos

Well the permit does expire June 7 2014.. and according to danlb, that is when the project needs to be done... Sooooooooooo

lazyboy97o

Did he "accidentally" say Florida not Hollywood?
No, he was talking about Harry Potter being the big draw now, but how he thinks Transformers will be a big draw and that an announcement will be coming soon. It was later clarified that he was talking in a macro sense about the two park complexes, Hollywood and Orlando, and that the announcement he was referring to was the opening date of Transformers: The Ride 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood. Before the clarification was widely assumed he let it slip regarding an announcement of Transformers coming to Universal Orlando Resort.

Skip

Actually Behind Universal was the first to state that 44 was being demolished. The speculation was there, then it got removed, then "bam" the permit hit us like a ton of bricks.

http://behinduniversalstudios.com/2012/hercxena-not-to-be-used-for-hhn/

Notice the date of the post. :)

To be fair, Behind Universal actually didn't get the scoop before - a random post from a largely unknown user on Orlando United dropped that bomb several days before, and most people (except Behind Universal, apparently) outright ignored it.

I'm thinking Transformers is looking likely. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Exciting times, though.

Captain Chaos

The more I think about it, the more I think it makes sense that this winds up Transformers. Potter is going to be a huge draw at the back of the park right? How about trying to spread crowd with a huge draw at the front of the park? Transformers, though not as popular as Potter, would still be a crowd draw since the attraction appears to be pretty awesome. Open this summer 2014, then Potter Fall 2014/Winter 2015, and Universal is well on its way....

AswaySuller

Transformers will be popular with the cool kids potter the geek chic's and both will keep family's happy...

This double punch is a great combo I think one on their own isn't amazing but the two together make a good balance in every sense... Genre, style and even position....

If true this is a brilliant move!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom