Universal announce "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley" to open in 2014

JustInTime

You always do this... Pretending to be the spokesperson and expert of all Potter fandom. It gets old. It was always clear this expansion was going to be a reflection of the later books. I think the dragon on top, if it does come, will look just fine. And if you really need that "relaxing Diagon Alley" just dont look up or close your eyes. Oh the horror of things not exactly conforming to how you want them...

There you go making generalizations again. All I am saying is that your statement was stupid. Not wanting the dragon has nothing to do with with alien encounter. At all. I bet you'd love a giant stitch blowing 'bubbles' on top of Cinderella's castle, wouldn't you? Because that statement is about as relevant, Bubbles.

And I guess now I can't post displeasure or lack of interest in regards to anything universal? Wow, that is certainly going to take the fun out of a DISCUSSION FOROUM! And if you'd read this entire thread, my original statement on the dragon was, "I guess I am the only one that doesn't want the dragon on top of gringotts? I want the land to be undisturbed so it could be a snapshot of any of the books. Oh, well. I'll still freaking love it." The dragon is not a deal breaker, just something i'd rather not be there. It's normal for people, especially fans to comb over details and scrutinize them. Hell, that is why we are here. And if you can't handle that, perhaps it should be you who should cover your eyes and ears because this happens a lot around here.

bubbles1812

There you go making generalizations again. All I am saying is that your statement was stupid. Not wanting the dragon has nothing to do with with alien encounter. At all. I bet you'd love a giant stitch blowing 'bubbles' on top of Cinderella's castle, wouldn't you? Because that statement is about as relevant, Bubbles.

And I guess now I can't post displeasure or lack of interest in regards to anything universal? Wow, that is certainly going to take the fun out of a DISCUSSION FOROUM! And if you'd read this entire thread, my original statement on the dragon was, "I guess I am the only one that doesn't want the dragon on top of gringotts? I want the land to be undisturbed so it could be a snapshot of any of the books. Oh, well. I'll still freaking love it." The dragon is not a deal breaker, just something i'd rather not be there. It's normal for people, especially fans to comb over details and scrutinize them. Hell, that is why we are here. And if you can't handle that, perhaps it should be you who should cover your eyes and ears because this happens a lot around here.
What are you talking about? I never talked about alien encounter... Ever. And why would I want a stitch blowing bubbles. Thats just plain stupid. A dragon however has relevance since it was in the lasr book. So yes, again, it has relevance. I took issue with the "no we're Potter fans" bit... That was a heck of a generalization about who would or wouldn't be pleased with a dragon.

disney fan 13

You always do this... Pretending to be the spokesperson and expert of all Potter fandom. It gets old. It was always clear this expansion was going to be a reflection of the later books. I think the dragon on top, if it does come, will look just fine. And if you really need that "relaxing Diagon Alley" just dont look up or close your eyes. Oh the horror of things not exactly conforming to how you want them...

It's like having the yeti on the side of Everest, It doesn't make any thematic sense in any way.

bubbles1812

It's like having the yeti on the side of Everest, It doesn't make any thematic sense in any way.
Why not? The dragon ended up on there in the books/movie if only for a brief period. It fits within the context of what they are trying to replicate. It was always well understood a second expansion would be a reflection of the later books. And the yeti would have been just fine on the side of Everest... Maybe wouldnt have been as exciting a ride but I wouldn't have been too nonplussed about it. Either way, I don't see how the two are remotely equivalent

disney fan 13

Why not? The dragon ended up on there in the books/movie if only for a brief period. It fits within the context of what they are trying to replicate. It was always well understood a second expansion would be a reflection of the later books. And the yeti would have been just fine on the side of Everest... Maybe wouldnt have been as exciting a ride but I wouldn't have been too nonplussed about it. Either way, I don't see how the two are remotely equivalent

It would kill any "surprise" for people not knowing what to expect. More so in Gringotts then Everest but still it stands.

Plus if a Dragon is sitting on the side of Gringotts do you think all the shopkeepers would continue to sell to you? No, they'd run for their lives. This is no more then an Artistic Liberty taken by Uni.

bubbles1812

It would kill any "surprise" for people not knowing what to expect. More so in Gringotts then Everest but still it stands. Somehow you see a dragon and "poof!" you know the whole story of the attractions? That reasoning doesn't make any sense.

Plus if a Dragon is sitting on the side of Gringotts do you think all the shopkeepers would continue to sell to you? No, they'd run for their lives. This is no more then an Artistic Liberty taken by Uni.
Please. There is still plenty of surprise. It's not like seeing a dragon suddenly reveals what is in the train ride or in Gringotts or within the shops.

And if it really means that much to you, you could pretend the dragon is about to take off... Not like the dragon didnt leave. So no worries, the shopkeepers can keep selling their wares as the dragon is off for a tour of the Scottish moors. See? You can twist it into any story you want, and it's presence can still make sense in the land. And Im not sure how you can just call it "Artistic Liberty," when you know it was actually in the books. It's not something they just made up for fun.

disney fan 13

Please. There is still plenty of surprise. It's not like seeing a dragon suddenly reveals what is in the train ride or in Gringotts or within the shops.

And if it really means that much to you, you could pretend the dragon is about to take off... Not like the dragon didnt leave. So no worries, the shopkeepers can keep selling their wares as the dragon is off for a tour of the Scottish moors. See? You can twist it into any story you want, and it's presence can still make sense in the land. And Im not sure how you can just call it "Artistic Liberty," when you know it was actually in the books. It's not something they just made up for fun.

I'm about 90% sure it nots going to be there so I'm just trying to tone down your expectations ( save it for the rest of the land)

JustInTime

What are you talking about? I never talked about alien encounter... Ever. And why would I want a stitch blowing bubbles. Thats just plain stupid. A dragon however has relevance since it was in the lasr book. So yes, again, it has relevance. I took issue with the "no we're Potter fans" bit... That was a heck of a generalization about who would or wouldn't be pleased with a dragon.

I was replying to somebody else. They made a comment about Alien Encounter and I made a response. I was saying that the people that don't want the dragon are Potter fans, not anti-alien encounter people that was randomly being insinuated. I think that is a very fair assessment since non-Potter fans wouldn't care. YOU quoted my response to that person. Read the thread, please.

Festivus

I don't know if there will be a dragon there or whether it will be breathe fire or not, but I hope that it's all true. I'll go one step further and hope that its animatronic and can do randomized movements to really breathe fire... uh, I mean life, into that expansion area...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom