Uni's New Plan For Potter Could Make Significant Dent To WDW

lebeau

Besides the blog and a quick message during the parade there was very little talk about it. Outside the fan sites it was not that hyped up though

I have friends who don't follow the blog and didn't watch the parade who asked me about it. I wonder how they knew? :shrug:

GLaDOS

I have friends who don't follow the blog and didn't watch the parade who asked me about it. I wonder how they knew? :shrug:

Yea, I have to agree that it was a pretty well hyped announcement. I had friends and family asking about it as well.

Ignohippo

Original Poster
Exactly. Add another thing to the list of things we oddly agree on - I think ET is a charming ride. I think I recently saw Lee say something similar - about how the city scene in ET blows Pan so far out of the water he's almost to the moon.

It's such a great ride, it's just that the ending is long and drawn out, and not particularly interesting. But the first half of the ride is genius - you do feel like you are riding a bike through the forest. And I daresay...as far as making out feel like you are in a real, fantasy environment - the queue still outshows everything at Disney.

Truly one of the most under-rated dark rides, ever.

Not fair to compare it to Pan. Peter Pan was created years before ET.

GLaDOS

Not fair to compare it to Pan. Peter Pan was created years before ET.

And they've had years to bring the ride up to par. Hell, up to par is lightyears from where the ride is. It just needs to look decent.

I think the comparison is completely fair.

bgraham34

I disagree. In fact there was quite a bit of hype behind this announcement. The Disney Parks Blog announced the plans for a NYE announcement on ABC at 11pm. This is one of the biggest nights of the year for ABC television, and they were using a portion of that time do make this announcement. It was hyped, and it was essentially a nothing announcement.

I agree with you. This is something that could have just of been a surprise announcement and it would have been better then talking about it all week.

lebeau

How so? The only reason I know about it was because of my friends who work there and this site....most of my friends and family had no idea until they watched the new years show....

I really don't know how they knew. I didn't ask where they heard about it. They just did.

Like other have said, Disney put a lot out there. I'm not sure which media channels reached my friends and family. But it was not the Disney blog or an internet forum.

Captain Chaos

A one time poster who said stuff....

I missed it... Oh well...

Anyway, yes, the announcement was hyped... Plenty of people I know knew about the announcement and these people DO NOT read the Disney blog, listen to podcasts, or read these fan sites... So they had to know about it some how right??? Just because ONE person doesn't see it in print, on flyers, or anything outside of the web, doesn't mean it DIDN'T happen... And there is one kind of media you all forgot.. FACEBOOK, TWITTER GOOGLE + and other social media outlets.... Yes, this announcement was hyped and hyped big time...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
can we keep this on topic and stop the back and froths about the NYE announcement. Take it to private messages if you want to carry that on. Thanks

GLaDOS

can we keep this on topic and stop the back and froths about the NYE announcement. Take it to private messages if you want to carry that on. Thanks

Sure thing.

I think the plans that are currently floating around the internet are not legitimate. They're a very educated guess, but are not THE plans. If they were, they would have been pulled by now. Universal was not happy that the California Wizarding World was announced by the Wall Street Journal. There's no way they'd allow actual concept art and plans floating around on the internet.

disney fan 13

Sure thing.

I think the plans that are currently floating around the internet are not legitimate. They're a very educated guess, but are not THE plans. If they were, they would have been pulled by now. Universal was not happy that the California Wizarding World was announced by the Wall Street Journal. There's no way they'd allow actual concept art and plans floating around on the internet.

Interesting... well we will have to see at this point

Captain Chaos

Sure thing.

Actually, I'm reading differently... I don't have contacts so please take this with a grain of salt, but: Those are legit plans. Universal was so mad when the other plans leaked, they purposely released these to find the source of the leaks.... Take that for what it is worth... Doesn't mean they are the CURRENT plans, just that they are REAL plans, could be older plans, but plans none the less...

Again, not sure if that is accurate or just some fan hype. So, take it for what it is worth... Which really isn't much.

lebeau

Actually, I'm reading differently... I don't have contacts so please take this with a grain of salt, but: Those are legit plans. Universal was so mad when the other plans leaked, they purposely released these to find the source of the leaks.... Take that for what it is worth... Doesn't mean they are the CURRENT plans, just that they are REAL plans, could be older plans, but plans none the less...

Again, not sure if that is accurate or just some fan hype. So, take it for what it is worth... Which really isn't much.

If I were Universal and I wanted to do a sting op like you have described, I'd leak several fake plans. Then I'd know for sure where the leaks were based on which plans got leaked.

Just sayin'.

GLaDOS

Yea...I just don't buy that. Seems like a very odd way of going about trying to find a leak. Besides, even if that was their goal, the plans would have still be pulled. There's no way they're going to continue to advertise what their train of thought is when they were so mad at the last leak.

Captain Chaos

If I were Universal and I wanted to do a sting op like you have described, I'd leak several fake plans. Then I'd know for sure where the leaks were based on which plans got leaked.

Just sayin'.

That was my thought too.. Why leak real plans??? Leak fake ones that way you know who the culprit is..

Yea...I just don't buy that. Seems like a very odd way of going about trying to find a leak. Besides, even if that was their goal, the plans would have still be pulled. There's no way they're going to continue to advertise what their train of thought is when they were so mad at the last leak.

Which is why I said take that for what it was worth, which wasn't much...

EDIT: now that I think about it, I am not sure these plans are real either... Just going to have to wait to hear from Universal now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom