Uni's New Plan For Potter Could Make Significant Dent To WDW

disney fan 13

That was my thought too.. Why leak real plans??? Leak fake ones that way you know who the culprit is..

Which is why I said take that for what it was worth, which wasn't much...

EDIT: now that I think about it, I am not sure these plans are real either... Just going to have to wait to hear from Universal now

Alright since the announcement is expected later this month.... So let's just talk about how universal is amazing!:rolleyes:

novawildcat18

Someone said earlier that the mine car in Deathly Hallows part 2 was designed with the help of Universal creative? Is that true? I really highly doubt that. Now I'm interested.

c-one

Sure thing.

I think the plans that are currently floating around the internet are not legitimate. They're a very educated guess, but are not THE plans. If they were, they would have been pulled by now. Universal was not happy that the California Wizarding World was announced by the Wall Street Journal. There's no way they'd allow actual concept art and plans floating around on the internet.
Don't buy the "Universal wanted to steal Disney's NYE thunder" theory?

Someone said earlier that the mine car in Deathly Hallows part 2 was designed with the help of Universal creative? Is that true? I really highly doubt that. Now I'm interested.
I doubt that as well, just doesn't seem like Rowling's style -- although I do remember thinking that the track in the film looked like a Vekoma rollercoaster. But if I remember correctly, in the film, the car rode *in between* the rails, not on top, a la the ill-fated Arrow pipeline coaster concept. Unless Universal and their contractors have figured out something that's vexed coaster engineers for nearly 20 years...

GLaDOS

Don't buy the "Universal wanted to steal Disney's NYE thunder" theory?

Not at all. I'm sure they had a good idea they knew what Disney was about to announce, and I'm sure they had a pretty good idea they had no need to steal the non-existent thunder.

I doubt that as well, just doesn't seem like Rowling's style -- although I do remember thinking that the track in the film looked like a Vekoma rollercoaster. But if I remember correctly, in the film, the car rode *in between* the rails, not on top, a la the ill-fated Arrow pipeline coaster concept. Unless Universal and their contractors have figured out something that's vexed coaster engineers for nearly 20 years...

I would agree, but on the same token, they did use the Universal design of the Three Broomsticks for Half Blood Prince.

haveyoumetmark

If the leaked plans aren't real, then hopefully something equally impressing is announced.
However, I'm leaning toward them being accurate because there have been practically no conflicting ideas.

GLaDOS

If the leaked plans aren't real, then hopefully something equally impressing is announced.
However, I'm leaning toward them being accurate because there have been practically no conflicting ideas.

Again, they're an amalgam of basically all the rumors out there put together. The final product will probably look very similar to what's said here. In reality any site out there could have made the same article.

I just don't buy this guy got a complete set of plans and if he did, I really can;t believe they haven't been taken down.

Lee

Adventurer
Based on some imput I've been getting over the last couple days, the "leaked" plans are not entirely accurate....but close.
Think of it like the earliest FLE plans compared to the final ones.

Lee

Adventurer
Ummm....I don't know.:shrug:

Details, especially when things are still in flux, are extremely hard to come by.

c-one

Based on some imput I've been getting over the last couple days, the "leaked" plans are not entirely accurate....but close.
Think of it like the earliest FLE plans compared to the final ones.

Crossing my fingers for no 3D on the Gringotts ride.

RSoxNo1

Not fair to compare it to Pan. Peter Pan was created years before ET.

So rides can only be compared to something that opened the same day? Peter Pan is outdated and is in need of refurbishment. It looks rundown, and is no where near as elaborate as E.T. This has nothing to do with the date the attraction was built because they both exist currently.

Ignohippo

Original Poster
So rides can only be compared to something that opened the same day? Peter Pan is outdated and is in need of refurbishment. It looks rundown, and is no where near as elaborate as E.T. This has nothing to do with the date the attraction was built because they both exist currently.

That's utter hogwash. Yes, Peter Pan needs a cleanup, but it's never going to undergo a major transformation so that it can compare to rides that came out 10, 20 or 30 years after it debuted. It's a classic attraction and is fine the way it is (with a much needed cleanup).

That's like saying Small World should be torn out because it doesn't compare to Kali River Rapids or that The Shooting Gallery should go away because TSMM is so much better.:brick:

Ignohippo

Original Poster
The original leak was 100% accurate and is still the plan. But, that original leak had no details (just that HP would be added to USF, there would be Gringott's and Diagon Alley, and a train connecting the two parks).

These new details as written about in themeparkinsider are where the controversy lies. The details sound plausible, and it sounds like Uni allowed this reporter in to get some details to the public before they could make an official announcement. Either that, or someone has been setup to find the source of the original leak. I'm betting it was a calculated leak.

The main plan is set in stone. They're ready for vertical construction as soon as Jaws is gone. As i understand it, changes are more in the details. It's not a situation like Pixie Hollow or The Chateau.

menamechris

It is amazing that there has more feverish, exciting discussion about Universal Studios on a WDW fan discussion forum than there has been about WDW in ages..

disney fan 13

It is amazing that there has more feverish, exciting discussion about Universal Studios on a WDW fan discussion forum than there has been about WDW in ages..

Yeah, well that's what happen when people like what your doing. i also read somewhere else ( forgot where ) that kids zone is getting overhauled as well ( could be wrong) but if it is true then universal is getting a DCA makeover.

menamechris

The apprentice seems to have learned very well from the master..

For the first time ever - I find myself excited about Universal parks. I am not a huge HP fan, but I am incredibly impressed with Universal's sudden ambition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom