Uni's New Plan For Potter Could Make Significant Dent To WDW

Captain Chaos

I'm about 90 percent sure it is legit, I would be less sure if that ride vehicle was not in there.

Actually, the ride vehicle is what would make me wonder if it is legit or not... The vehicle DOES NOT resemble the mine cars from the movies... But, regardless, the ride vehicle won't take away from the experience.. And the experience sounds BLOODY BRILLIANT....

Not seeing it refuted. Anywhere.

Plus all the insiders agree with it so... As Legit as a leak gets

The only place I'm seeing it questioned is on ______... And yet, NO ONE on that site in the know has disputed it... Just members...

EDIT: ok we can't say that website here LOL... It's O U.... Orlando.... United....

disney fan 13

Actually, the ride vehicle is what would make me wonder if it is legit or not... The vehicle DOES NOT resemble the mine cars from the movies... But, regardless, the ride vehicle won't take away from the experience.. And the experience sounds BLOODY BRILLIANT....

The only place I'm seeing it questioned is on ______... And yet, NO ONE on that site in the know has disputed it... Just members...

EDIT: ok we can't say that website here LOL... It's O U....

Well I find one thing interesting, light bulb posted on this thread since I brought the story here like twice yet said nothing about the plans...

Captain Chaos

Well I find one thing interesting, light bulb posted on this thread like twice yet said nothing about the plans...

Exactly... He didn't refute the plans... And I'm sure he isn't at liberty to confirm that they ARE the plans... But also, let's not forget, when plans are put out there, how often are these sites forced to remove them??? TPI has yet to remove those plans... Which can mean:

1. They aren't legit and Universal is having a laugh at all this, especially since this blew Disney's lackluster announcement out of the water

2. Universal purposely put those plans out there to blow Disney's lackluster announcement out of the water (and it did).

3. Look at number 2... :)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Exactly... He didn't refute the plans... And I'm sure he isn't at liberty to confirm that they ARE the plans... But also, let's not forget, when plans are put out there, how often are these sites forced to remove them??? TPI has yet to remove those plans... Which can mean:

1. They aren't legit and Universal is having a laugh at all this, especially since this blew Disney's lackluster announcement out of the water

2. Universal purposely put those plans out there to blow Disney's lackluster announcement out of the water (and it did).

The McRib being back blew the Disney announcement, or lack thereof, out of he water.

Ignohippo

Original Poster

EDIT: ok we can't say that website here LOL... It's O U.... Orlando.... United....

I know for a fact the description of the "land" is legit. The only thing I don't know is the actual plans for the coaster cars themselves. I agree, they look nothing like they did in the movie, and I'm of the understanding the design for their appearance in the movie came in cooperation with the plans for the park.

This is also the first I've heard of the Sinbad area of IOA being included in the plans.

It isn't a coincidence that they just happened to have a coaster in the last movie...

disney fan 13

I am going with option two, plus he did confirm jaws closeing and potter phase 2 when 74 said it.

Captain Chaos

I know for a fact the description of the "land" is legit. The only thing I don't know is the actual plans for the coaster cars themselves. I agree, they look nothing like they did in the movie, and I'm of the understanding the design for their appearance in the movie came in cooperation with the plans for the park.

This is also the first I've heard of the Sinbad area of IOA being included in the plans.

It isn't a coincidence that they just happened to have a coaster in the last movie...

I'm sure the mock up of the ride vehicle may only be that, a mock up.. The real vehicle will resemble the mine cars... Maybe..

The only part of LC I had heard and read closing was Poseiden's Fury, closing by February of this year... Which would coincide with Potter 2.0's construction...

Question for ya, since the you know the land plans are legit, would you happen to know how Universal will be taking care of the train station issue since, you know, Muggles cannot exactly pass through the pillar to get to Platform 9 3/4??

Ignohippo

Original Poster
It's very obviously answer #2. But, I don't think it has anything to do with Disney's announcement (I don't think Uni is too concerned with what TDO has on the table at this point - but that's pure speculation). I think it's more to continue to build interest and publicity until the actual announcement is made.

I know they were furious when the plans originally leaked. There's no way they would allow this unless it's (A) been leaked intentionally, or (B) fake in order to find the culprit of the original leak. The person I spoke to said they were obsessed with finding the source of the original leak, so anything's possible.

To clarify my recent post, I know the original leak is true. I don't know anything about the details as described in this latest article. Seems plausible from everything I've been told though.

disney fan 13

It's very obviously answer #2. But, I don't think it has anything to do with Disney's announcement (I don't think Uni is too concerned with what TDO has on the table at this point - but that's pure speculation). I think it's more to continue to build interest and publicity until the actual announcement is made.

I know they were furious when the plans originally leaked. There's no way they would allow this unless it's (A) been leaked intentionally, or (B) fake in order to find the culprit of the original leak. The person I spoke to said they were obsessed with finding the source of the original leak, so anything's possible.

To clarify my recent post, I know the original leak is true. I don't know anything about the details as described in this latest article. Seems plausible from everything I've been told though.
Are you talking original plans like phase 1 or the fact there would be a phase 2? I are they really willing to P!!s of a lot of fans by putting out false plans and the. Phase 2 not measure up to the leak? I mean if they really want that leak.... But come on this isn't TDO where talkin bout here...:rolleyes:

Ignohippo

Original Poster
I'm sure the mock up of the ride vehicle may only be that, a mock up.. The real vehicle will resemble the mine cars... Maybe..

The only part of LC I had heard and read closing was Poseiden's Fury, closing by February of this year... Which would coincide with Potter 2.0's construction...

Question for ya, since the you know the land plans are legit, would you happen to know how Universal will be taking care of the train station issue since, you know, Muggles cannot exactly pass through the pillar to get to Platform 9 3/4??

Unfortunately, I don't know the details on anything. Only the legitimacy of the original description of the plans, and the basics that pretty much everyone knows by now. I can make assumptions on some other vague things I've heard, but that wouldn't the right thing to post on a message board.

Ignohippo

Original Poster
Are you talking original plans like phase 1 or the fact there would be a phase 2? I are they really willing to P!!s of a lot of fans by putting out false plans and the. Phase 2 not measure up to the leak? I mean if they really want that leak.... But come on this isn't TDO where talkin bout here...:rolleyes:

No, the Phase 2 plans as outlined in the original leak are absolutely 100% correct. These new details from the latest article are what I can't confirm. Sounds very, very plausible from the things I've been told though. I just can't confirm them.

The coaster trains are the only things that leave me a bit baffled. They don't look anything like what appeared in the movie or what was described to me.

I don't doubt the writer of the article. From everything we know, he's completely legit. As I understand it, the budget hasn't been approved (which, from what I hear, is just a formality), so they can't make any kind of official announcement until it's approved later this month. This is a great way to get the plans out there without officially releasing anything.

Ignohippo

Original Poster

This is pure speculation, but I believe it's Sinbad that is closing. They aren't going to expand Potter all the way to Poseiden and lose the entire Lost Continent. Sinbad is right next to the entrance of Potter and where the train is now.

disney fan 13

This is pure speculation, but I believe it's Sinbad that is closing. They aren't going to expand Potter all the way to Poseiden and lose the entire Lost Continent. Sinbad is right next to the entrance of Potter and where the train is now.

Wow... The lost continent will now have like one show... Anything coming there or will it be the AK of universal

Captain Chaos

Maybe I got the two confused then..

Thanks for the information you can deliver...

AEfx

So yeah, Men in Black is a substantially more elaborate ride than Toy Story or Buzz. That doesn't mean that you can't have a preference for one of the Disney rides over Men in Black, but it doesn't mean that the detail or quality is better on the Disney rides.

For me, I look at E.T. in a similar way - I think it's a substantially better ride than Peter Pan's Flight but if you say that to any Disney fan they'll defend Peter Pan's Flight to the death. This isn't a situation of me hating on Disney, it's the reality of the situation - sure the franchises being used may not necessarily resonate with the same crowd that the Disney franchises resonate with, but it doesn't mean the ride quality is worse.

A ride can be themed around just about anything, and the quality is not really a function of the source of the theming.

Exactly. Add another thing to the list of things we oddly agree on - I think ET is a charming ride. I think I recently saw Lee say something similar - about how the city scene in ET blows Pan so far out of the water he's almost to the moon.

It's such a great ride, it's just that the ending is long and drawn out, and not particularly interesting. But the first half of the ride is genius - you do feel like you are riding a bike through the forest. And I daresay...as far as making out feel like you are in a real, fantasy environment - the queue still outshows everything at Disney.

Truly one of the most under-rated dark rides, ever.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I dont really know if you can call it overhyped since it was barely hyped at all...

I disagree. In fact there was quite a bit of hype behind this announcement. The Disney Parks Blog announced the plans for a NYE announcement on ABC at 11pm. This is one of the biggest nights of the year for ABC television, and they were using a portion of that time do make this announcement. It was hyped, and it was essentially a nothing announcement.

bullsforthewin

I disagree. In fact there was quite a bit of hype behind this announcement. The Disney Parks Blog announced the plans for a NYE announcement on ABC at 11pm. This is one of the biggest nights of the year for ABC television, and they were using a portion of that time do make this announcement. It was hyped, and it was essentially a nothing announcement.

Besides the blog and a quick message during the parade there was very little talk about it. Outside the fan sites it was not that hyped up though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom