Uni's New Plan For Potter Could Make Significant Dent To WDW

Bolna

Well, true... shouldn't put too much emphasis on the project name and page number... But it is fun trying to decipher things and find small little clues... Just curious, what edition do you have that only goes to page 607??? I have the paperback, as does my friend, so maybe that is why we have over 700 pages... Just curious..

I'm curious as to how they will do the train station as well...

I have the UK version - hard cover, bought on the first day it came out.

Of course we could now debate whether since UNI is in the US they should use the US edition. :lol:

I can very much see how much fun all this speculation is, that's why I got the book form my book case to look it up.

Bolna

To clarify this, JK Rowling confused the layout of the interior of King's Cross. She imagined that Platform 9 3/4 was actually in the geographic location between Platforms 4 & 5. So in order to make up for her mistake, the movie filmed at King's Cross station at Platforms 4 & 5 and just replaced the numbers on the signs. But yes, the exterior shots were of St. Pancras rather than King's Cross because it was more visually appealing. *All of this info is from imdb.com

I don't want to argue about whether imdb.com or wikipedia is right, just wanted to point out that wikipedia has the Euston/King's Cross story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Places_in_Harry_Potter#Platform_Nine_and_Three_Quarters

I remember reading about it because I used to live close to King's Cross once and was always puzzled by the fact why that would be the station for the Hogwarts Express.

However, the imdb explanation makes sense in so far, that indeed platforms 9 and 10 at the real King's Cross are not in the main station building, but in a small additional building to the side. That must be why they used 4 and 5 in the film.

disney fan 13

Different companies. If I remember right the Sorting Hat at FJ was Advanced Animations for example. Sometimes we go to Attraction Services. Kongfrontation was Sequoia. Other companies like Lifeformations are also used. Imhotep was fabricated by a film production company that went out of business. Triceratops Encounter AAs were built by a company in Canada. The closest to Disney quality would probably be Advanced Animation's product.

Compliance is very much in the software and Disney has made it very difficult to duplicate legally. They are making a big mistake in my opinion by allowing Garner to fabricate the A100s. That is in the works now and once they teach Garner they will be giving up a huge advantage. Contractually Garner won't be able to build them for anyone else but Disney should know very well how those types of legal issues can be worked around.

There are some other companies that are doing some amazing work in Animatronics (there is one in Japan that can produce as good or better than A100s) that several of us are trying to get on Universal's bid list.

what company is that?

Captain Chaos

I have the UK version - hard cover, bought on the first day it came out.

Of course we could now debate whether since UNI is in the US they should use the US edition. :lol:

I can very much see how much fun all this speculation is, that's why I got the book form my book case to look it up.

Ahhh ok, the U.K. version.. I'm not sure how many pages the U.S. edition of the hard cover book is... My friend and I have the paperbacks...

Eh, there has been too much nonsense debating going on lately... :)

Anyway, I'm sure between now and the official announcement many online fans will find even more clues, or what they think are clues, to Harry Potter 2.0... never mind that insiders have already told us it is coming....

disney fan 13

Ahhh ok, the U.K. version.. I'm not sure how many pages the U.S. edition of the hard cover book is... My friend and I have the paperbacks...

Eh, there has been too much nonsense debating going on lately... :)

Anyway, I'm sure between now and the official announcement many online fans will find even more clues, or what they think are clues, to Harry Potter 2.0... never mind that insiders have already told us it is coming....

unlike Disney, universal can make announcements that people will like :cool::p

WDW1974

Not much to add ... beyond the fact I find it highly amusing that a Universal leaked 'announcement' turns out to overshadow yet another overhyped Disney marketing event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom