Uni's New Plan For Potter Could Make Significant Dent To WDW

Ignohippo

Original Poster
I see bullsforthewin got banned.

Anyway, I was thinking Uni's new plan for Potter could make a significant dent to WDW.

Anyone notice JT has disappeared as well?!

Yes, I too believe Potter will make a significant dent into WDW. Oh wait. I started the thread and can't agree with myself...

Carry on!

Chaz

to stay on topic, i went to the wizarding world of harry potter last year.

we were done in an hour. why is everyone so worried about it?

disney fan 13

to stay on topic, i went to the wizarding world of harry potter last year.

we were done in an hour. why is everyone so worried about it?

couple of question's

1. did you visit the rest of Island's Of Adventure?
2. did you ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey?
3. Have you read the part of this thread how Universal is starting to give it's parks the DCA treatment while the next disney expansion is in 7 Years?
This one is directed to everyone else
4.anyone notice this person's join date and who just got banned?

disney fan 13

May not be who this was directed to, but, as an Orlando native the poster is kind of right. I can get in and out of IOA / Universal Studios hitting more than three quarters of the rides in just under three or four hours where it takes me a good day to go to all four Disney parks and ride the major attractions.

DCA treatment? No, they're replacing stagnant areas of the park. DCA just wasn't on par to begin with.

MK It takes a day, Epcot if I take my time is 3/4 a day, HS and AK are half day.

Example
9:00 am: get in park head straight to everest
9:15 grab fastpasses and get on
9:25 wonder over to dinosaur ride twice
9:45 head back to everest and use fastpasses
10:00 wonder over and get on kali river rapids
10:30 head to the safari
11:00 catch festival of lion king show
11:50 admire park
12:50 leave to get lunch somewhere else
See easy...

As always sry for grammer but on iPhone

BrittanyRose428

MK It takes a day, Epcot if I take my time is 3/4 a day, HS and AK are half day.

Example
9:00 am: get in park head straight to everest
9:15 grab fastpasses and get on
9:25 wonder over to dinosaur ride twice
9:45 head back to everest and use fastpasses
10:00 wonder over and get on kali river rapids
10:30 head to the safari
11:00 catch festival of lion king show
11:50 admire park
12:50 leave to get lunch somewhere else
See easy...

As always sry for grammer but on iPhone
You forgot Pangani Exploration Trail and Maharajah Jungle Trek (assuming you want to see animals in ANIMAL Kingdom :lol: ) And what about Its Tough to be a Bug? Finding Nemo the Musical? Flights of Wonder? Jammin' Jungle Parade? AK has the potential to be until at least 4:00 PM, how do you get through Epcot in 3/4 of a day? Thats how long it would take me to get through World Showcase alone 0.o

disney fan 13

You forgot Pangani Exploration Trail and Maharajah Jungle Trek (assuming you want to see animals in ANIMAL Kingdom :lol: ) And what about Its Tough to be a Bug? Finding Nemo the Musical? Flights of Wonder? Jammin' Jungle Parade? AK has the potential to be until at least 4:00 PM, how do you get through Epcot in 3/4 of a day? Thats how long it would take me to get through World Showcase alone 0.o

Hence why I left that hour to explore the park if you want to go ITTBAB or see animals

disney fan 13

True, the only time I've ever seen a line for ITTBAB was Christmas week, it was around 25 min, but you can usually get right in. Nemo was what took a long time that week.

Personally I like the lion king show better so I only watch that one since two broadway type shows in one day is overkill

Chaz

couple of question's

1. did you visit the rest of Island's Of Adventure?
2. did you ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey?
3. Have you read the part of this thread how Universal is starting to give it's parks the DCA treatment while the next disney expansion is in 7 Years?
This one is directed to everyone else
4.anyone notice this person's join date and who just got banned?

1. we did, but im talking about The Wizarding world of harry potter that took an hour. we did end up spending a good 5 hours or so there.

2.yes we did, we went to that first right wen the park opened because my sisters LOVE harry potter and wanted to get there first. the line was only maybe a half hour because of our timing, which was good because later we saw it had a 3 hour wait. the ride was fun though.

3. nope, just jumped into the thread when i saw it :p if by DCA treatment you mean admit that it was a failure and retheming the parks then no, it didn't seem like that but my experience with Universal's parks are limited to Studios in California and this one short isolated visit so i wouldn't know

4. i actually am a new member, not some random dude who got banned. i'm actually Basketcase463's boyfriend :p

Cosmic Commando

How come when someone says that they don't like spending a lot of time at MK, nobody argues with them? "But did you take the time to really APPRECIATE Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse? I love DAK, but everyone knows it needs more attractions; you shouldn't have to see every single attraction in a park to get a full (9-5) day.

BrittanyRose428

How come when someone says that they don't like spending a lot of time at MK, nobody argues with them? "But did you take the time to really APPRECIATE Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse? I love DAK, but everyone knows it needs more attractions; you shouldn't have to see every single attraction in a park to get a full (9-5) day.
Not arguing, just listing a couple of other things that would keep you there past 12... Its not a full day (like 9 AM to 9 PM) park, but I think you could be occupied there until at least 4.

culturenthrills

I hope you don't mind me editing your post to hone in on your key points.

We're in the same boat with you. 2012 is the year we've decided we'll return to Uni via annual passes. One of the things we'll do to justify this is scale back from Resident APs to Resident Seasonal. Not a lot of savings but some. And of course lower spending on food, etc.

After those expire we'll possibly end the relationship with WDW for a few years.

On the topic of Avatar, people always point out (accurately) that this is the highest grossing movie in history. That's true, but my theory is that a big part of this is that it was released when 3D was at the high water mark of its reintroduction.

I believe if it came out today that it wouldn't do nearly as well since 3D is so common and in fact overused. I don't think that bodes well for the sequels since the first one was so unmemorable to most people I know and obviously to a lot of people on the boards.

Are annual passes expire this year and we will not be renewing them. We will instead be relying on one of our friends who is a cast member to get us in a few times to stuff we want to do but I don't see any reason to renew. However we will continue to have our Uni passes that we have had for years. Uni just keeps giving us a reason to go all the time and as much as I like WDW they cost just isn't worth it even with the monthly payment plan.

disney fan 13

1. we did, but im talking about The Wizarding world of harry potter that took an hour. we did end up spending a good 5 hours or so there.

2.yes we did, we went to that first right wen the park opened because my sisters LOVE harry potter and wanted to get there first. the line was only maybe a half hour because of our timing, which was good because later we saw it had a 3 hour wait. the ride was fun though.

3. nope, just jumped into the thread when i saw it :p if by DCA treatment you mean admit that it was a failure and retheming the parks then no, it didn't seem like that but my experience with Universal's parks are limited to Studios in California and this one short isolated visit so i wouldn't know

4. i actually am a new member, not some random dude who got banned. i'm actually Basketcase463's boyfriend :p

1. Cool
3. Eh it's ok I would recommend the studios in florida
4 welcome to the boards

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom