Unfouruate Ride Experiances

BeachClubVillas

marni1971 said:
I`ve been on Spaceship Earth a few times when it hsa stopped (normally for loading/unloading reasons) - in 1990 it was held for a good 5 minutes (whoopee!!) and we NEVER got evacuated.... of all the attractions this is the one I would most like to see with the work lights on. Not a bad experience, but unfortunate to obsessive attraction fans like me!

You're so right! I always seem to get stuck on SE on teh backwards "return to Earth" part. I would absolutely love to get evacuated out of that ride. I think if I had to pick one, SE would be it.

PurpleDragon

An unfortunate experience for me, was seeing someone on this board who thinks there is an A in the word EXPERIENCE. :eek: :D

Sorry all, had to have a little fun with that one. :lol:

But for real, a bad experience for me was when we got stuck on RnRC, in the tunnel right before the exit. The vehicle kind of stopped abruptly, and the shoulder harness tightened on me and I had trouble breathing. We sat that way for a good 4-5 minutes. I had to take shallow breaths in order for it not to hurt and dig into my chest. Pretty frightening!!

njblackberry

In 1972 - about 6 months after the Magic Kingdom opened - my parents took us there. It's A Small World broke down. We were stuck inside for about 30 minutes. A very long 30 minutes. It was over 20 years before I was able to go on it again. Only because my kids dragged me on. Serious psychological damage :)

PurpleDragon

njblackberry said:
In 1972 - about 6 months after the Magic Kingdom opened - my parents took us there. It's A Small World broke down. We were stuck inside for about 30 minutes. A very long 30 minutes. It was over 20 years before I was able to go on it again. Only because my kids dragged me on. Serious psychological damage :)

OMG, you poor thing!!:eek:

Did you freak out and run out screaming after your kids took you on it?:lol:

BeachClubVillas

njblackberry said:

Now that could cause some serious life-long trauma.

Edeyore

Hi Purple Dragon,
I know you were being nice about "Experiances", but what about
"Unfouruate". Somebody's bad ride must have had a very unfortunate
affect on them.

PurpleDragon

Edeyore said:
Hi Purple Dragon,
I know you were being nice about "Experiances", but what about
"Unfouruate". Somebody's bad ride must have had a very unfortunate
affect on them.
Yes, I noticed that after I made my post. However he did correctly spell it when he was writing his post. But on the other hand, everwhere he used the word EXPERIENCE in his post, he spelled it with an A. :eek:

Sorry bubbles, not trying to be mean, I'm sure you were typing in a hurry, or you were tired, or something (I hope:lookaroun).

No bad experiences with the mechanics of the rides . . . just with the rider!!

1. Even as an adult, the snow white ride scares the bee-g-bees (spelling?) out of me. My last ride was in 1998, I was 27. When you go in, see the queen looking in her mirror and she turns around -- watch out, I'm scared!

2. ToT. Yeah. I chickened out. I love roller coasters and other thrill rides but the thought of a falling elevator did me in. There was no line when I visited so we walked right in. Got all the way to top and started having heart palputations and severe sweats. I got to ride the chicken elevator out and was even afraid to get into that. The CM had to convince me that it was a "real" elevator and not part of the ride. (cheep, cheep, cheep, I'm a chicken!).

westie

We were on UoE when it broke down. It was right at the end but, we had to remain seated for about a half hour while tech's who looked like Bob the builder ran all arround jiggling switches and playing with wires. I don't know why the wouldn't allow us to leave? But, it was a nice post-show.

bubbles

Original Poster
njblackberry said:

That ride scares me. I cant imgaine what it must of been like to sit there and listen to that song over and over and over. :lookaroun

Dean[AU]

They did stop the music... right?!?!

BTW Talking about Snow White: This kid in the queue was screaming her head off... her mum forced her to get on, the kid was in freeking histerecs!

The CM's had a good ol' laugh when they were in the ride, then we boarded, pity we didn't see her after the ride, i'm sure it would of been an amusing sight.. hehe :fork:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
westie said:
We were on UoE when it broke down. It was right at the end but, we had to remain seated for about a half hour while tech's who looked like Bob the builder ran all arround jiggling switches and playing with wires. I don't know why the wouldn't allow us to leave? But, it was a nice post-show.

They should have done - if UoE`s six pack goes 101, it is a complete shut down and manual re boot of the ride system. This one can`t just be flicked back on. CM`s hate it for that, apparently.

maxime29

Premium Member
We were stuck on ToT right before the elevator was to turn to the exit doors. A CM checked up on us three times and said it was the usuall computer problems. We actually got to glimpse some of the antiques that were around us, and able to see where the elevator cars went back in. After 20 some minutes it started working again, and took a different elevator back down to the ride load station for a complimentary ride.

monorail_man

Account Suspended
We were all on BTM and as the train goes around the first turn then up the next hill. The one inside the cave and comes out the water fall type water mist thing. The train stoped. We sat for about 10 mins. we were in the 2nd seat int he first car. The very first seat was sitting right under the mist nozel which a CM had turned off when the train stoped. However, the nozel was still dripping on the guest in the front seat. so the CM took his cowboy hat off and held it upside down to catch the water over the guest heads. The ride started again and went all the way through. wehn we pulled into the station EVERYONE in the train was shouting "Go again! Go again!" so we got another ride, but once again it stoped in the same place. but only for a min or two, then it went around and up the next hill and stoped again. A CM came around and we all had to get out and walk back. It was cool to see the inside of BTM.

Sorry so long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom