Unfouruate Ride Experiances

Laura

Premium Member
Once while riding Carousel of Progress we got stuck on one of the scenes and had to watch it all over again. Then when it was over the theatre started to move and it only moved halfway so we had to watch that scene for the 3rd time with the sound all mixed up with the next scene. I think we watched that next scene quite a few times as well. We were in there FOREVER and I didn't ride it for years after that. It took that long to get the song out of my head!

I've heard that is a common occurance.

Merlin

Account Suspended
We had a very rude (and I do mean RUDE) CM on Space Mountain once. It blew me away that an employee anywhere would behave like that, but it was especially shocking that it was at Disney.

figment1988

dukein2009 said:
I was on Splash Mountain on a late closing night and I was the only one on the log. There was nobody on the log in front of me or behind me. I felt like I was the only one on the ride. After we went past the outside part early in the ride where you go under the chirping birds, the ride stopped, yes, on the water part, not a lift. They must have block sections which can stop a ride during some parts, other than lifts.

Just so you all know, when they stop the logs in the river parts, the water keeps going. There was a log stopped in front of me and between that log and my log the water was being pinched off and got higher and higher and began flowing over into the log. The log was nearly sunk and I had to finish the ride with the log half full of water. It was an absolute disaster.

it's reasons like these why i both bring my goggles (as a "just in case" issue), as well as switch from my converse all-stars to those aqua shoes before going to either splash mountain or kali river rapids

Figment1986

I once.... got stuck on HM for 30 min... heard the song a lot... near the ball room.....

I never got stuck on any other ride...... Glad not IASW.... I would go inseign after that.....

oh and DL's POTC <WDW's POTC....

A.. More to see...

B. Original attraction....

C. Sees more after the Pirtates are begging for the keys.....

lamarvenoy

bubbles said:
I know there are many people out there who have experienced some pretty unfortunate ride experiances and i would love to hear em!

*My most unfortunate experience was when my family and I rode test track and the ride broke down. But thats not the worst part, we were stuck in the cold chamber. It was the longest 20 minutes of my life! They turned it off after the first 15 minutes, but it was still bad. :eek:

I could handle the cold but if I was trapped under those heatlamps I would freak out....seriously-in 30 seconds I'd be a full blown,restraint tearing spaz.

That and the Bayou before you're plunged into the pillaging and whatnot.

DL's is like five bajillion times better than WDW's. But, WDW's ToT blows DL's out of the water. Happy?

HMGhost13

first and only ride on ToT. my parents finally convinced me to ride it (i'm afraid of heights. hate em) so we go on. can't remember what year it was but i do remember: it was the year they decided to switch from one drop fromt he top to two drops.

So, me being smaller than my dad and most of the other people in my row, the lap bar came down to them and barely touched me. i held onto that lap bar for dear life. i will NEVER get back on that ride.

BeachClubVillas

lamarvenoy said:
I could handle the cold but if I was trapped under those heatlamps I would freak out....seriously-in 30 seconds I'd be a full blown,restraint tearing spaz.

I agree, the heat would totally freak me out. I'm not too crazy about it for the couple of seconds you're in there anyway!

Lauriebar

We got stuck in the riverboat scene at Splash Mountain for about 30 min. They finally just evacuated us! We walked along the sides until we came to the very end and instead of turning right toward the main exit, we headed out a door and went backstage to exit. P.S. Backstage wasn't too pretty!!

Figment1986

HMGhost13 said:
first and only ride on ToT. my parents finally convinced me to ride it (i'm afraid of heights. hate em) so we go on. can't remember what year it was but i do remember: it was the year they decided to switch from one drop fromt he top to two drops.

So, me being smaller than my dad and most of the other people in my row, the lap bar came down to them and barely touched me. i held onto that lap bar for dear life. i will NEVER get back on that ride.

U know it has seat belts now.... So it fits you perfectly.. and it isn't that bad.....

Dakotadogy said:
No bad experiences with the mechanics of the rides . . . just with the rider!!

1. Even as an adult, the snow white ride scares the bee-g-bees (spelling?) out of me. My last ride was in 1998, I was 27. When you go in, see the queen looking in her mirror and she turns around -- watch out, I'm scared!

2. ToT. Yeah. I chickened out. I love roller coasters and other thrill rides but the thought of a falling elevator did me in. There was no line when I visited so we walked right in. Got all the way to top and started having heart palputations and severe sweats. I got to ride the chicken elevator out and was even afraid to get into that. The CM had to convince me that it was a "real" elevator and not part of the ride. (cheep, cheep, cheep, I'm a chicken!).

it took me twelve years to actualy ride HM with my eyes open..the only part i would actualy look at was the ballroom scene and it would still give me nightmares

Little Leota

HMGhost13 said:

I had a simlar experience. My butt was actually in the air.

attisb

My bad experience on a ride was on It's a Small World. The ride broke down and for about 20 minutes I had to listen to that song until they turned it off. Then on top of that a fuse or something must have blown the room that I was in some of the lighting turned off but the dolls still kept going. For about 10 minutes I pretty much in a quite room with all these badly lit dolls moving and no sound. It creeped me out.

estherhead

Me too! On It's a Small World! Almost identical experience except it was an HOUR! I was a little girl and it so freaked my dad out I wasn't allowed to ride it until I had my own kids 20 years later. My sister and I were pleasantly surprised because our memories were only of trauma. Now I ride it every year.

Esther

donsullivan

Premium Member
Mine was on BTMRR about 15 years ago. We had just come off the last lift hill and where on the final run back to the station when one of those famous summer thunderstorms hit. The sudden dump of rain triggered the sensors telling the computer that the trains were too close and e-stopping the whole thing.

We were stuck outside right next to the geyser pools in the downpour and got totally soaked. It was a minute or two before a CM came out to see us but they didn't evacuate. The downpour didn't last very long (they never do) but we were completely soaked to the skin. They waited until the rain stopped and then did a controlled restart of the ride moving us back into the station so that we could get out and slog our way around the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom