Unappreciated Disney Characters

Cmdr_Crimson

Flora, Fauna, and Merriweather...

I find it interesting that you can see them in two different forms at the parks..

Character version..
5893198412_b91036c225_z.jpg

And Face Character Version...
0171_Fairies_Sleeping_Beauty_Castle_CHOC_Walk_October_14_2012.jpg

This also happened with Fairy Godmother from Cinderella...

I_heart_Tigger

Mr Smee...I know he's been widely seen but I think he's adorable and under appreciated by many, including Captain Hook

Tiger Lily (yes Peter Pan IS my favourite movie, why do you ask?)

Brer Frog from Splash Mountain...I have a plush of him that I may or may not talk to :cool:

Bill from Alice in Wonderland. I mean what are the odds, you need a lizard with a ladder and there's Bill!

Slinky from Toy Story

The Penguins from Mary Poppins

Cleo from Pinocchio

Lambert the Sheepish Lion and Ferdinand the Bull are pretty adorable too.

also count me as another fan of Humphrey

Darth Tater

Brom Bones (a.k.a. The Headless Horseman)
Yes, I know he makes his nighttime ride during MNSSHP. But considering he is the only villain in Disney history to:
1). Chase off the hero
2). End up marrying the hero's girl
3). Live happily ever after while the hero goes off into obscurity.
:eek: That deserves some friggin' recognition. Even Jafar couldn't pull that one off.

Yert3

Brom Bones (a.k.a. The Headless Horseman)
Yes, I know he makes his nighttime ride during MNSSHP. But considering he is the only villain in Disney history to:
1). Chase off the hero
2). End up marrying the hero's girl
3). Live happily ever after while the hero goes off into obscurity.
:eek: That deserves some friggin' recognition. Even Jafar couldn't pull that one off.
Wait wait wait. At of all the time I've watched The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, I've never noticed or even thought of Brom Bones and The Headless Horseman being the same person...

Darth Tater

Wait wait wait. At of all the time I've watched The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, I've never noticed or even thought of Brom Bones and The Headless Horseman being the same person...
Yep. Brom was the Horseman (though not blatantly stated, but implied).

Brom Bones also was the character which inspired the creation of Gaston in B&B. Both characters are extremely similar, but unlike Gaston, Brom actually wins in his movie. Yet Gaston gets more recognition.

Chrononymous

I'm diving into the "Wait they Are Disney Characters!" Vault..
And that has to be....Schnookums & Meat..
6fa59d9d6e79d4b827ecf1c73ca5114f.jpg

Yes right on the bat...It was a Ren & Stimpy Knockoff..it only had 13 episodes and lasted 2 seasons...Still it wasn't that bad....

Seriously, you just made my day!
I adored this show. with Tex Tinstar! I really wish Disney would release it...it's the most impossible thing to find.

openendedsky

I have two, Archimedes and Merlin from the Sword in the Stone. Archimedes is probably the funniest character Disney has come up with and I love Merlin, with his pink boxers, high-tops and Hawaiian shirt and bottoms in the Medieval times. I know I'm not the only one who finds that hysterical.

Take a look at his pink underwear at 0:30:

The-Sword-in-the-Stone-classic-disney-5014431-768-576.jpg

This is the funniest thing ever! I'm raising my kids on The Sword in the Stone. They will know each line by heart.

tumblr_meldoesygn1qhhxd4o1_500.gif

The Sword in the Stone is so so underrated.

Huey, Dewy and Louie! Gotta love those ducks!!! Also I love Figaro from Pinocchio.
YES

Killnme

Every character in Pocahontas.
Every character in Mulan.

There's no merchandise with either of them in the parks (except for little girl's costumes and the toddler looking princess dolls. Maybe a pin or two but that's just about it. And truth be told, I haven't even seen a pin recently that I can recall).
You can't even meet Pocahontas in WDW anymore since they took her M&G out of AK.
There's no attractions (unless you count the Magic of Disney Animation in DHS because that features Mushu).
And they're such strong female role models and I just think they're both fantastic and wish they were more popular. They were two of my absolute favorites growing up and they still are to this day.

Back when Pocahontas came out I worked at a Disney Store in the local mall. Pocahontas became a bad word in the merchandise side of Disney because, nobody would buy the stuff. That might be a reason for no merchandise now. I agree that they should feature the Mulan Characters more.

fam

Hmm....Im guessing the beast...I mean, he's the genius brains of the X-men by day and rocking belle's socks off at night. Not to mention Jennifer Lawrence was pretty well into him in the last movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom