Ugh, O.K. So this REALLY grinds my gears!

EVERYTIME I see the removable Buzz Lightyear guns, I want to scream.(partly because I am jealous)
As a local in Orlando, I see those commercials all day long.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

If we're talking about mistakes, let's talk about how many people call WDW "the happiest place on earth".

That's another big one that goes unnoticed...

Also, Raven, can I just say I have admired your avi for a long time but we've never conversed so I could never tell you but... I FREAKING LOVE YOUR AVI!

Okay, done gushing/flirting.

Californian Elitist

That's another big one that goes unnoticed...

Also, Raven, can I just say I have admired your avi for a long time but we've never conversed so I could never tell you but... I FREAKING LOVE YOUR AVI!

Okay, done gushing/flirting.

It really does.

Aww, shucks! Thanks!!!! We've never talked but I have seen your posts. You're one of the sane ones here! You and I will get along just fine:)

blueboxdoctor

That is kind of annoying. I always seem to see the add with One Republic, and I've no idea how they are almost like an unofficial Disney band at this point (just googled the and disney world and apparently they've done some events with them). As for the commercial originally brought up, a lot of car ads in the US do that, such as BMW ads that say they are showing the European model, which really makes no sense since it won't be sold here (at least I'm assuming we won't get some of the options they show).

Though as someone else said, the movie ads with scenes not in the movie are really annoying.

luv

The Disney ad that truly ed me off was the one with the pink hotel room shown for the Beach Club room. I wanted to stay in that room very badly, but was told by multiple people who worked at the Yacht and Beach Clubs that the room didn't exist - it was just made up for the commercial.

Its been a few years (maybe ten?) since they stopped that, but it always irked me.

The Mighty Tim

The most irritating thing was the day I got home from my last WDW trip, I turned on the TV and one of the first things I saw was "book your WDW holiday now!"

Sad face :(

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They've done it for decades. Often by a third party ad agency with access to stock footage and no knowledge of what they're getting paid for.

AswaySuller

YES.....

THIS...

It annoys me too. My girlfriend thinks I'm a total geek or even noticing....

In some commercials they even show Sleeping Beauty's castle in WDW and I'm like ???

Surely it's borderline false advertising..... At best it's shear laziness.

AswaySuller

I'm guessing they don't shoot in Florida because WDW doesn't like to temporarily close things in the parks. I'm guessing it's also because the department that's in charge of shooting/advertising/commercials is stationed in California. Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think I've ever seen a commercial solely dedicated to one of the WDW parks.

And the weather isn't as consistent/reliable.

AswaySuller

It just bugs me, like when people say "I'm going to Disneyland in Florida" - Ack. No, you're not... cause there's not a bloody Disneyland in Florida!

Totally off topic but check this out...

I went into the Disney store here in Bristol before I was going to LA and asked about Disneyland tickets, this is exactly how the conversation went.

Me: " Hi, do you sell Disneyland tickets here and If so how much are they?"
CM: "yeah, let me look..... "(Running her finger down a brochure) "Disneyland Paris, Disneyland Paris"
Me: "oh I'm sorry, no Disneyland.... Not disneyland Paris"
CM: "which one now?"
Me: "actual Disneyland!!!!!!"
CM: "oh in Florida.... Hang on"
Me: "no... The original one.... The one in California"
CM: "I'm not sure there is one in California!" Gets colleague "do you know If there's a Disneyland in California?"
CM2: "I've never heard of it if there is!"

DisneyPrincess5

I don't know if it's the same in the US but WDW are currently running a series of commercials, using stock footage from Disneyland.
SO ANNOYING. I suppose the general public will never no the difference, but it REALLY bugs me! At least show the product you're advertising!
Yeah I understand. Or the commercials and vacation planning DVDs that play footage from 10-15 years ago grrrrrrrr.

DisneyPrincess5

I went into the Disney store here in Bristol before I was going to LA and asked about Disneyland tickets, this is exactly how the never conversation.

CM: "yeah, let me look..... "(Running her finger down a brochure) "Disneyland Paris, Disneyland Paris"
CM: "I'm not sure there is one in California!" Gets colleague "do you know If there's a Disneyland in California?"
Oooooooooooooo yikes!!

AswaySuller

Maybe I'm being spoilt and taking for granted how many times I went to DL, WDW and DLP as a kid and go now and that being able to tell the difference is a privilege.... but it does annoy me.... and you'd think the Disney store would have some sort of training on the parks seeing as they sell tickets.... and in the CM defence they actually DON'T sell tickets for DL in the Disney store here but they do sell WDW and DLP.

copcarguyp71

I am curious as to whether this could be considered a litigious situation. First let me say that I do not want this blown out of proportion and no, I do not plan on suing TDO nor do I advocate such a frivolous lawsuit. BUT, could WDW be held liable in any of this as false advertising?

Basically could family "X" who has saved for years to go to WDW and has seen these commercials for the parks go to the world, not see what was represented on the commercials currently running, find out that these things don't even exist at WDW and then blow things out of proportion enough to take TDO to court and win? Not so much can they sue...heck these days anyone can sue for anything but rather would there be enough on their side to win the case?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

I went into the Disney store here in Bristol before I was going to LA and asked about Disneyland tickets, this is exactly how the conversation went.

Good to see Disney Store employees are really into the company.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom