Ugh, O.K. So this REALLY grinds my gears!

BryceM

Since I'm in Florida, I see Universal Orlando, Walt Disney World and SeaWorld commercials all the time. At least, I think that's why. When I saw Les Miserables they had a pretty neat New Fantasyland commercial in the theater.

Californian Elitist

Yeah but it isn't something to get hot and bothered about... as frustrating as it can be

I don't find it a big deal because I know I'm going to go to Disneyland and still see Sleeping Beauty Castle, not Cinderella Castle, and same vice-versa. What I see on television won't be the same as what I see when I get to the actual parks. As to those who don't know about the differences, I don't think it would bother them too much.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

It's false advertising and technically against the law.

Yeah, but are you going to go to the theatre manager and demand money back because a secne in the trailer wasn't in the movie? Plenty of things are against the law, but this isn't something that should be upset about. When a product doesn't work as advertised or something to that effect, that's when you lawyer-up. Not because an advertisement for a movie gets your in a seat and then that one scene is missing...

Skibum1970

Hopefully, the commercials didn't show rides for WDW that aren't there. I've seen ads for a local amusement park that featured rides only found at a park four hours away. That would really be bad.

Fantasmic

Original Poster
It just bugs me, like when people say "I'm going to Disneyland in Florida" - Ack. No, you're not... cause there's not a bloody Disneyland in Florida!

Yert3

Yeah, but are you going to go to the theatre manager and demand money back because a secne in the trailer wasn't in the movie? Plenty of things are against the law, but this isn't something that should be upset about. When a product doesn't work as advertised or something to that effect, that's when you lawyer-up. Not because an advertisement for a movie gets your in a seat and then that one scene is missing...
It's not something that I lose sleep over, it's just something I don't understand. It seems like they go out of their way to advertise the wrong park. At the main gates of Disneyland I heard the Magic Kingdom's version of Splash Mountain's soundtrack. And when I'm at the TTC I hear Disneyland's soundtrack to splash mountain. It just makes NO sense.

Fantasmic

Original Poster
It's not something that I lose sleep over, it's just something I don't understand. It seems like they go out of their way to advertise the wrong park. At the main gates of Disneyland I heard the Magic Kingdom's version of Splash Mountain. And when I'm at the TTC I hear Disneyland's soundtrack to splash mountain. It just makes NO sense.
Ahhh, that would bug me so much, they're SO different!

GeorgiaPinesRJB

It's not something that I lose sleep over, it's just something I don't understand. It seems like they go out of their way to advertise the wrong park. At the main gates of Disneyland I heard the Magic Kingdom's version of Splash Mountain. And when I'm at the TTC I hear Disneyland's soundtrack to splash mountain. It just makes NO sense.

This probably has more to do with the One Disney mantra than anything else. What to know something? Of all the times I've been to the parks I can not point any of that out? I just know I like what I like and I'm happy to be there.

Fantasmic

Original Poster
Clearly these people haven't been educated on the differences between Disney in California and Disney in Florida. Nothing to get bothered about. I just hope you correct them.
Oh boy, do I! They know where every Park is located and the correct name to use when I'm finished with them...
Had a near argument with someone once who said that TOT in DLP was exactly the same as TOT in DHS MGM... I was like... NO. NO It's totally different, SO different... etc etc.
Purist... Pedant... Geek, that is me. (and yes, I still call DHS, MGM)

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Oh boy, do I! They know where every Park is located and the correct name to use when I'm finished with them...
Had a near argument with someone once who said that TOT in DLP was exactly the same as TOT in DHS MGM... I was like... NO. NO It's totally different, SO different... etc etc.

So do I... I grew up calling it that.

Yert3

Getting to break the habit of calling DHS MGM was hard for me. I even slip up and say MGM sometimes. As much as it will always be MGM to me, I try to use the current name. Even though it's kinda lame. :rolleyes:

Yert3

I still call "Dinosaur" CTX!
I'm only 18, so I have no memory of Dinosaur as Countdown to Extinction. But I still do call it that sometimes because that's the original name and the movie "Dinosaur," in my opinion, is horrible and don't really want to associate it with a good attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom