Two fastpasses at once?

FanofDinsey1981

alright. well, it seems i have found an enemy, my first and last on this board. One enemy is one too many. I don't need this verbal bashing from someone who obivously finds themselves higher than the rest of us, and someone who knows he is " always right".

And I am an honest person. I don't cheat on tests or taxes. I don't cheat any system. I feel guilty if someone undercharges me by 5 cents and I don't say anything. which I always do.

I came onto this board to talk about something I truely love, Disney. I found it an excape from my every day bordeom. I never ment to find an enemy on the one place I never though I would.

tiggerlover1971

origionally quoted from jmarc63
At what time did you obtain that first ticket??

I got the first ticket right when i got into the park and it told me to come back from i think it was 9:50 to 10:50 but you can get another fast pass at 9:55

Tramp

Originally posted by tiggerlover1971
At what time did you obtain that first ticket??

I got the first ticket right when i got into the park and it told me to come back from i think it was 9:50 to 10:50 but you can get another fast pass at 9:55

...we just got back from WDW....and it was my experience that many (not all) attractions didn't open the Fastpass distribution machines until 9:10 or later....and the first 'return time' was never any earlier than 9:50....this makes sense since you really don't need a fastpass early in the morning....you don't need a fastpass for an attraction at 9:15 in the morning when the standby wait time is 5 or 10 minutes...you can get on most attractions twice before the first return time on your fastpass ticket...

....I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind the 5 minutes later than the return time...why not just use the 'return time' as the next available time to get a fastpass?....maybe MKTiggerman can help me on this one...

Attachments

• fastpass.jpg
    fastpass.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 90

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981
alright. well, it seems i have found an enemy, my first and last on this board. One enemy is one too many. I don't need this verbal bashing from someone who obivously finds themselves higher than the rest of us, and someone who knows he is " always right".

And I am an honest person. I don't cheat on tests or taxes. I don't cheat any system. I feel guilty if someone undercharges me by 5 cents and I don't say anything. which I always do.

I came onto this board to talk about something I truely love, Disney. I found it an excape from my every day bordeom. I never ment to find an enemy on the one place I never though I would.

alright...

first off, I'm not anyone's enemy. If you choose to view me as that, then go ahead. This is a discussion board, and if the discussion got a little too colorful for you to handle, you should've left.. I never called anyone specifically a cheater or a scumbag, so I feel it is a bit strange and immature that you are assuming that I did. If this is going to cause you to leave, then later, and good luck w/ whatever you end up doing.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by jmarc63

Really ...I thought that every terminal was hooked to a central computer for the FP system and the central computer was where the times to enter were calculated. Someone else said earlier I think in another FP thread that the entry turnstyles recorded your ticket scan and validated that ticket for the FP park wide , they inadvertantly used there wifes ticket that wasn't scaned at the main gate and that ticket didn't work on the FP when they inserted it. Now I'm really comfused on the new software and how the terminals are connected:confused: :confused:

think of it as a computer network for a major company. Some of the computers are PC's, some are Mac. Some of the PC's run Win 95, others 98, 2000, ME, or XP. Some of the Mac run OS X, others don't. But they all work together in perfect harmony.

That's how it works.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by MKingdom25
I guess it is always good to think of other people first :)

ding ding ding!!!! we have a winnah!!!!

*shoves cigar into mkingdom25's mouth*

enjoy it boy

*lights cigar and runs*

POP!!!

god I love watching looney tunes at 7 AM

MKingdom25

Original Poster
Originally posted by mktiggerman

ding ding ding!!!! we have a winnah!!!!

*shoves cigar into mkingdom25's mouth*

enjoy it boy

*lights cigar and runs*

POP!!!

god I love watching looney tunes at 7 AM

Well thank you (although I don't smoke :lol:.) I try to think of other people when I can, whether at WDW or in normal everyday life. Hey I am not perfect, but I do what I can! :cool:

Maria

Originally posted by Tramp

....I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind the 5 minutes later than the return time...why not just use the 'return time' as the next available time to get a fastpass?....maybe MKTiggerman can help me on this one...

Could it be so you don´t have two fastpasses with return times at the same possible time? I´m just guessing... :animwink:

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Maria
Could it be so you don´t have two fastpasses with return times at the same possible time? I´m just guessing... :animwink:

I just thought about it a little more, and it could be that the 5 minute window is to give the person time to actually ride the first ride/travel to the other fastpass machine... or not

DisneyWorldGuru

Why dont we all be like WDW CM's at workk, and be nice.:)
Ok ok... you have your own opinions. And you have the right to say names (even if you did not say anyone's name). Since we all share a common interest, lets all try to be nice. Lets be happy. *wow this stuff I am smoking is great*
Happy!!! Happy!!!
Did you say you need to pass gas... (hears other poster yell "no you scumbag "FAST PASS!") oh you said fast pass. Ha Ha Ha I thought you said pass gas.
Oh boy I am stoned.

:lol:
Just kidding, but for real lets be nice.

Goofette

Originally posted by Tramp
...last week, one of the Star Tours fastpass machines allowed you to keep getting fastpasses...people had 20 fastpasses in their hands...

"Mommy, who's that guy standing over there with 20 fastpasses in his hand who isn't wearing any pants :eek: "

Tramp, I told you to behave yourself in public :animwink:

(I need sleep, too much fun the last few days has clouded my judgment :D )

tampabrad

Your question still deserves to be answered.

Years ago, in addition to Early Magical Hours (resort guests entering a park on a certian day 1 hour early), Disney resort guests were offered "E-Ride Nights" at the Magic Kingdom. Resort Guests with Multi-day park passes were able to purchase tickets for about $14.00 to ride selected attractions at the Magic Kingdom (usually only the big rides or "E-Ticket" rides) after the park closed to everyone else. You would then get a ticket that you used at the park entrance along with your resort ID.

Now, instead of E ride nights, all of the parks participate in Extended Magical Hours or whatever they call it(EMH.) and it is free to resort guests. EMH are offered on selected mornings an hour early and selected evenings for up to 3 hours after park close. Instead of issuing a ticket, resort guests get a wrist band when they show their resort ID.

Jimmy Thick

I remember when I got a fastpass for Test Track, it also spit out a FP for the Honey I shrunk the kids 3-D movie. Do they still do that?

slappy magoo

I remember when I got a fastpass for Test Track, it also spit out a FP for the Honey I shrunk the kids 3-D movie. Do they still do that?

Only for you, stud.

Honestly, I don't know, but Jimmy Thick should get whatever Jimmy Thick wants, IMHO. I think that might be a sporadic thing they can turn on and off to help disperse guests to other areas of the park when necessary. I'm starting to think that HISTA, like Haunted Mansion before it closed for refurb, might not be all that in need of a fastpass anymore. Last couple of times I've been there, the wait has only been as long as the show before it. If it had 5 minutes to go, your wait was 5 minutes. If the ride began just as you approached the building, you'd still get in the next show. Maybe that was just when I went though.

Jimmy Thick

Only for you, stud.

Careful, I'm a married man.

Honestly, I don't know, but Jimmy Thick should get whatever Jimmy Thick wants, IMHO. I think that might be a sporadic thing they can turn on and off to help disperse guests to other areas of the park when necessary. I'm starting to think that HISTA, like Haunted Mansion before it closed for refurb, might not be all that in need of a fastpass anymore. Last couple of times I've been there, the wait has only been as long as the show before it. If it had 5 minutes to go, your wait was 5 minutes. If the ride began just as you approached the building, you'd still get in the next show. Maybe that was just when I went though.

That was something that happened years ago, like when you could get as many fastpasses as you wanted at Epcot, but the times were different for each ride. Now thats one I miss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom