Twinkle Lights Returning to Hub in MK

tl77

It seems odd they removed them from the trees in the hub, because almost every hotel on site has twinkle lights in the trees

wdw71fan

Twinkling lights would be a neat thing to install into some of the New Fantasyland trees for night time as well. Not sure if they'd ever do such a thing, but it certain looks magical enough to fit there.

I've heard rumblings of this happening because the eventual tree density will cause the entire area to be too 'dark' at night.. path lighting can only do so much before it starts to look like a stadium.. which is ironically one of the reasons they are returning to the hub... the hub is dark and lifeless at night ..

zweltar

I'm not sure if these have ever been there since I have been going. Can anyone post a picture or tell me more about what these twinkling lights are? Thanks.

MerlinTheGoat

I've heard rumblings of this happening because the eventual tree density will cause the entire area to be too 'dark' at night.. path lighting can only do so much before it starts to look like a stadium.. which is ironically one of the reasons they are returning to the hub... the hub is dark and lifeless at night ..

Oh cool! I really hope you're right. I think they'd fit perfectly in Fantasyland since they already had a magic sparkle to them. And yeah, especially considering all the trees that are being added (which btw, i also adore since i'm a huge believer in not ripping down trees and adding as many as possible). They'll need some good lighting in there that doesn't ruin the mood. I figure the Mine Train itself will have a lot of gems sparkling with LED lighting but the rest of the walkways will need some light too.

I'm not sure if these have ever been there since I have been going. Can anyone post a picture or tell me more about what these twinkling lights are? Thanks.

They were there when i visited during the early-mid 90's i believe. Trees at the end of Main Street had lights in their foliage that would twinkle at night. It's a memory i fondly hold because it added another bit of magic to the night times. Sort of like fireflies or even pixies lol!

There's a youtube video at the source in the original post of what they basically looked like, though at Epcot instead of MK. Same thing though. This is what they were like-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ZoMQGadNU

It's not a huge thing like a new attraction of whatever. It's just a very cool little atmospheric element that has sadly been missing for what i assume is a long time. Though i'm not sure WHEN they were removed.

COProgressFan

New lighting system will have the ability to color shift for performances and fireworks shows as well..

I'm wondering if this was a tiny portion of what was supposed to happen around the hub for the new fireworks/fountain show that was planned but cancelled by the powers that be.

Still, a cool addition nonetheless. Can't wait to see these up and in action!

DisneyYorkian74

I'm ecstatic to hear this news!!!

It really is the little things that makes Disney so special, and it appears like I was far from alone in missing seeing those lights twinkle every night.

I still think Disney made a major mistake with Magic Kingdom's castle hub by removing all those beautiful tall trees... It just doesn't look right, and when you see pictures or approach the castle in the park the hub still looks way too open and empty.

Let's hope Disney decides to bring those back as well to fully restore the castle hub's magic and beauty!

JimboJones123

I had forgotten about these but now absolutely remember them from the 80's.

At the time, there was something REALLY cool about year round Christmas Lights. Magical indeed.

It used to be so amazingly bright. Almost like daylight. Again, in the 80s, that was a VERY cool effect.

etwtec

I'm wondering if this was a tiny portion of what was supposed to happen around the hub for the new fireworks/fountain show that was planned but cancelled by the powers that be.

Still, a cool addition nonetheless. Can't wait to see these up and in action!

What type of new lighting system? How true is this?

Mimi

New lighting system will have the ability to color shift for performances and fireworks shows as well..

Awesome! I am so happy to hear they are coming back and I'm delighted to learn there is hope for something even more wonderful!

Hope + Happy = the WDW I grew up loving. Me Happy! :sohappy:

gccgrad1996

I scrolled all the way down the post myself to see if someone has posted a picture of this from Magic Kingdom or written anything new about this. If anyone has been there recently I would love to know what ever happened with this. I will be there in 3 weeks, so maybe I should just let it be a surprise.

Minnie1976

I am so glad. I remember the 1st time we saw the park at dark and the twinkle lights. We were so excited and it was really pretty. I have super 8 movies, but I can't put them on the boards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom